Register now to get rid of these ads!

Interior

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard Falzon, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Richard Falzon

Richard Falzon

Hi which companies offer best selection for original vintage materials for interior at realistic prices. As i feel i am being taken for a ride between two companies with prices !

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Mr Falzon
    Did it ever occur to you that it is very beneficial for you to completely fill in your profile page?...………
    If someone knew of a wholesaler close by,we could recommend one

3. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

WBRW32 I believe he off shore International.

4. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Talk to LeBARON-BONNEY Co. in Mass.

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Be more specific in what you are looking for. Us in the business have to deal with this on a regular basis.

6. Richard Falzon

Richard Falzon

7. Richard Falzon

Richard Falzon

Unfortunately I’m outside the Usa. What difference does this make ?

8. There are very few suppliers that have or make original vintage cloth and can therefore charge a premium.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    X38 likes this.
  9. squirrel

squirrel

If he knew that from your first post, he probably would not have bothered responding.

Also if you provide some clues about what brand of car, and what year, folks might be able to offer more help.

10. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Just like Jim said. Both of us Jim`s.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

12. Richard Falzon

Richard Falzon

The car is a 1948 Pontiac streamliner

13. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

SMS in Oregon...they are mighty proud of their material. Labaron Bonney would only sell a sewn interior and not the material I wanted.

14. Too secretive with his responses. Labaron Bonney or Cartouche would be the respected companies state side. If he is UK or European they will all be pricey due to import duties.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

People always want the OEM looking material. The look and the feel. Not much is available and only a small hand full of suppliers. Then something halfway close is found. Then they hear the cost. Then there minds are changed. So they look more. Eventually they settle on something. Sending off for samples also takes awhile also. Then when you get it, it`s off a bit from the sample. The exact original can be reproduced. Had a customer go that way. They said it would take a year, 2 years later. He got it after a few phone calls. This isn`t like the parts industry. Material isn`t lying on shelves of every parts store in America. No part numbers on them either. $50 to $130 wholesale/retail a yard is the average for older material and sometimes more.

16. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It makes a lot of difference. I doubt many on this board would even have the slightest clue as to what is available in whatever neck of the woods you live in. Your post has been up for 27 hours. You have still not let us know where you are or even given a hint.

That is what difference it makes