Register now to get rid of these ads!

Virginia Support needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Still Runnin, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Great story here.

2. Your wasting your time Don

Still Runnin was last seen:
    Nov 29, 2014

HRP

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. FlyingRN

FlyingRN

Are you looking for something specific? I used to live across the street from this junkyard. It's in front of Atlee auto service now (Basically in the same spot) Do you need to get in touch with people from still running? I'm friends with Lea and John.

Sent from my SM-G960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. FlyingRN

FlyingRN

The 1st picture is a Google images over head shot. You can see it facing West alongside of 301 North on the East Side the 2nd picture is another Google image picture of how it looks now. Screenshot_20190102-150219_Maps.jpeg Screenshot_20190102-150322_Google.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got my first grand daughter 3 months ago and I gave my son this bit of advice "it is every father's responsibility to keep their daughters off the pole". It applies to cars too.

6. .........Yeah, I know it's old news guys, but it's such a great story about how a small group of people rallied together to save the little Crosley on a pole that had been a landmark there for so many years. I know that Lea hasn't been on here in years. After you (FlyingRN) posted that you had lived in Mechanicsville on the other thread, I just had to bring it back up for all the Newbies to get a chance to see it.:)

FlyingRN and wraymen like this.
  7. I'm glad to finally see the sign looking good again. HRP

FlyingRN, lothiandon1940 and wraymen like this.
  8. .............Oh Ye of little sentimentality.:(

wraymen likes this.
  9. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

To us car guys that will always be a long kept memory. Wether a car on the pole or a front clip hanging on the front of a building, it is the memories. I remember seeing that car quite a few times. Brings to mind Cigar Bill's used cars on Jefferson Davis highway near Hull in Richmond. You couldn't forget the name plus he sponsored a race car out at Southside Speedway.

FlyingRN, wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.