Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Where to buy chrome reverse wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A_Burly_Wind, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Like the title says, who sells the most authentic looking ones now a days? Wheel vintiques?

2. 26Troadster

26Troadster

3. 5window

5window

4. gene-koning

gene-koning

Looks to me like the website as prices on it. Your probably looking at the Vegas wheel.

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    olscrounger likes this.
  6. Says "call us" under chrome option

7. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Exactly. Chrome Plating uses multiple chemicals and products that are subject to wide price swings due to the wider commodities market. They won't publish a set price for fear of getting into a money losing situation.

8. manyolcars

manyolcars

9. flyin-t

flyin-t

belair and swade41 like this.
  10. 26Troadster

26Troadster

thanks for the schooling, i didn't notice that. i knew they had them on the back of one of the t-bucket books and called them reverses.

11. That's just a marketing gimmick that unfortunately leads the uneducated into false education in order to make a profit off of them thinking they are buying old school cool when they are just buying a modern cheap production imitation.

12. 5window

5window

Got the receipt filed, somewhere but we're talking 12+ years ago,so not really worthy of discussion

13. 5window

5window

Haven't heard or read anything lately. My wheels have been fine-had one that was a bit wonky but could be brought true with balancing. No wear issues or handling issues, but i don't drive the car hard.

14. williebill

williebill

On the right car, nothing else even comes close....

belair likes this.
  15. Try Wheelsmith. Very good to work with.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

town sedan likes this.
  16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Roger that.
    They generally aren't my personal style of wheel but like you said when they are right they are real cool on deserving cars. I have kind of become smitten with Moriartys' Corvette.

Moriarity likes this.
  17. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

If you want a cheap wheel, go to Summit or Jegs. They have a few vendors.

If you want someone that knows what they're doing, and will listen to what you really want, try rallyamerica.com and talk with Jimmy McLean aka @wheelkid or his dad Gary. http://rallyamerica.com

They built me a pair of 15x5 (standard) and 15x7 (reversed) wheels for my '57 Chrysler using '56 Ford wheel centers. They have those great vents and nibs that you won't find on a smoothie. I'm running spider caps for centers.

4A0A9424 (3).jpg

18. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

mine are 15x5 wheel vintiques

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  19. rudestude

rudestude

Actually a true reversed rim is when you take the center of the rim out and reverse it and reweld it so what you end up with is the center is the same but the rim it's self is opposite then you weld up the valve stem hole that is now on the back side of the rim and redrill a new one on the now front side of the rim or you can put a90degree valve stem in it and leave it in its original location that is now the back side for a cleaner front look then get them chromed I had a Seton a hot rodded 50 Chevy pick up my back wheels where Buick station wagon rims , wagon rims were usually one inch wider, with Chevy centers and the front ones where regular Buick rims with chevy centers all where reversed with the valve stems on the back sides the rims had been chromed also.... they looked good...also doing this gives you a different off set , moves things outward giving you a wider track..

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

town sedan likes this.
  20. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I agree with DDDenny. If there are known issues with a manufacturer or vendor seek out others . Why invite a potential headache .:)

21. town sedan

town sedan

To lazy to look it up, but wasn't Wheel Vintiques caught up in the Coker Tire buyout? I know their 15x5" chromed series 64 wheels have been backordered for awhile now.
    -Dave

22. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

When was this done? Don't they just mess with wire wheels now?

23. town sedan

town sedan

Yes, that's what I understand too.
    -Dave