Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A few thoughts on the upcoming year.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chryslerfan55, Dec 16, 2018.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I want to finish my T Bucket next year. This will be my swan song, so I'm taking care to get her the way I want.

hrm2k, Al G, Ron Funkhouser and 4 others like this.
  2. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

Finish my 36 and drive it

Attached Files:

3. verde742

verde742

Morning sex is the greatest surprise of all. :)
    As long as your NOT in prison. !!!!

4. Got to figure out where I am in my life, find a new place with a garage, get my '47 done or just say screw it.

mad mikey, Al G and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

My 13yo Daughter and I are just starting on this. Made my heart proud she wanted to fix up my old daily for her first car. 20181202_165854.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

Next year I want to drive the 61 Belair more. I want to go to some of the big car events with her and enjoy putting in some big miles behind the wheel. I have some small jobs that need doing to her, but none of them will keep her off the road for too long. No big projects planned but you never know what’s around the corner IMG_0343.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. Al G

Al G

Stanwell Tops hey,lived down the Gong for 15 years ,I see you are at Coalcliff done lots of surfing there back in the day.Cool 61Belair you have:cool::D

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. Al G

Al G

I'm going to deck my 52 Chevy and fit some chromies or painted rims and wide whitewalls:cool::D.Been laid up with a hip operation so it's slowly until the end of the year:) 2018-06-06 13.49.50.jpg

9. Updating the coupe to a 12 point cage, and some floor work. I still want a fairly nice interior, working on some ideas for that. This project is underway . Have other work to do on her as well. Hopefully she will be ready for Drag Week 2019, as well as the 2019 season. We shall see.;)

10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I will ask, What kind of project are you sellin?

11. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

12. We are making our first trip to the Lone Star Roundup in April. Hoping to get my '58 (daily driver/work truck) interior pretty much done and some long awaited paint on it as well by the end of the summer.

Been wanting to build a rat rod truck for some time...

chryslerfan55 and Al G like this.
  13. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

If in 2018 I pissed off a HAMBER , asked some stupid questions, picked on some Chevy guy, replied with some wise crack remark, or anything else.

In the new year 2019

I DON'T EXPECT IT TO BE ANY DIFFERENT, IF ANYTHING IT MIGHT BE A BIT WORSE.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  14. Al G

Al G

Yeah get the 47 done;):cool::D

BigO and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. in the weeds

in the weeds
    from Kansas

Continue to tell my wife and kids I love them because you never know when your number is up.And keep going as hard as I can, I have always been told a body in motion tends to stay in motion and a body at rest tends to stay at rest. I am only in my forty's and have abused myself more than I should have as we all did in our twenties, you guys in your sixties and seventies that are still at it, are my biggest fans I hope to be still in love with the hobby and going strong when I'm seventy. Merry Christmas to all and I hope you have a great New Year.

16. verde742

verde742

My wife said I am a great husband, But a couple things about me bug her:

One, I don't listen well,
    Two, I don't know, she just kept rambling on and on about sumthin'

tractorguy, BigO, MMM1693 and 2 others like this.
  17. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Going back to the circle track with a Ford engine, to pick on some Chevies. I hope! It’s been 39 years since I have messed with circle cars, a lot has changed!

Bones

18. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

Thanks for the comment. Yeah the “Stannie” and Coal Cliff are great spots. Still plenty of surf action at Coal Cliff as well.‍♂️

Al G and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. aaggie

aaggie

I realized last January that I would never live long enough to finish all of my projects so I basically took the year off to work on Bucket List stuff. I rode my motorcycle solo from Houston to Montreal taking the scenic route most of the way. I stopped and revisited a lot of places and people that I had not seen in way to long. I rode the Smokey Mountain Parkway and the Tail of the Dragon, fun rides. New England and upstate New York were good rides too but the roads are crap. It was almost 6K miles and took 5 weeks but I got it checked off the list.
    When I got home I had rotator cuff surgery and it took the rest of the year to finally get mobility back, the surgeon said I was crazy for even taking the trip with the bad shoulder.
    This year I can get out in the shop and back to work on the '40 Chevy and '83 Spirit.

20. Budget36

Budget36

I've just started my "big clean" so I can get re-start some stuff. I have a 3 1/2 car garage with one car in it, ans two shops...lotta junk. So...without making a NYR, I'm busy making space to put stuff in to work on out of the weather.

With any luck, I'll be working on my projects by Spring.

BigO, chryslerfan55 and Chucky like this.
  21. It’s a 1949 Lincoln EL coupe. Comes with everything but the original drive train

warhorseracing and mad mikey like this.
  22. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Looked one up, Looks like a Merc with some headlight character ;)
    upload_2018-12-20_19-34-41.jpeg

Al G, mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope to get my mid engine Corvair on the road and do some miles. I also hope to at least get my roadster pickup painted and partially assembled

Al G, mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  24. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get my '53 Chrysler on the road, go to a couple events and maybe hang out with some of you guys.

bobss396, Al G and mad mikey like this.
  25. All of the above

mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. Believe it or not they are Mercs from the firewall back,only difference is the rear lights on the merc are horizontal and the Lincoln’s are round. That and a few trim pieces aren’t the same.

warhorseracing and low budget like this.
  27. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

28. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I am going to click my heels 3 x and someone will appear and buy the 27 T and all my parts. Then I will go have a cold beer and sweep out all the nooks and crannies and maybe find a couple of missing carb parts that rolled into the cobwebs.

mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. mnjeff

mnjeff

Several months into retirement, and am way too busy. 2019 plans include more naps, less shows, camping trips with the econoline, more naps, less heavy-ass shop work, more walks, and maybe try to squeeze in an extra snooze or two...

bobss396, Al G, 61Cruiser and 3 others like this.
  30. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't forget to find time for a nap sometime during your busy schedule, Jeff.
    :D

61Cruiser and mad mikey like this.