Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What is your car's signature?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Dec 11, 2018.

1. RustyDogg

RustyDogg

Amen, we share similar signatues! Lol

raven and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  2. RustyDogg

RustyDogg

loudbang likes this.
  3. image.jpeg image.jpeg Cool thread.
    Mine would be the under slung suspension I think.

4. image.jpeg
    image.jpeg And this one has got to be the metal flake and Kandy but sometimes I think the headliner gets more attention!

5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Mine is the car itself, maybe one person in 50 know what it is. 100_2437_zpsf57b98aa.jpg

6. The Eagle on top of the grille. People love taking pictures of it when ever we're at a show or cruise night. IMG_3932c.jpg IMG_3928b.jpg

Texas57, BigO, brad2v and 14 others like this.
  7. Mine would be the thermador car cooler I have hanging off the side. I'm one of the few people in the area that has one, so most people ask about it. 2nd would be the lake pipes that run all the way to the back bumper

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  8. This may wad up a few traditional panties , but here goes anyhow..
    This project ate my brain for 8 yrs.....at least its a "banger " of a different sort DSC2474-L.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    brianf31, raven, brEad and 5 others like this.
  9. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Stance, 46 Chevy hood sides , 58 Chevy tail lights.

10. LBCD

LBCD

I would have to say on a 41 Ford the grille is its signature, and since getting out of painter jail a few years ago she’s all smiles now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

BigO, kidcampbell71, Dave Mc and 5 others like this.
  11. Once I'm in it it's pretty comfortable, over those 11 years I've put on a few pounds and certainly ain't as limber..ha ha ha
    Anyone that sits in it or drives it is a little taken back of the comfort it actually has. The seat is angled back, seat bottoms is supporting back of the thighs at an angle and there's s flat spot your heel rests in on the transmission tunnel, it's like sitting on the sofa with your foot up on the ottoman.
    Certain people think it's signature is it's ability to laying it down..lol

12. you look comfortable.

swade41, Just Gary and loudbang like this.
  13. :cool:

The tires, on the other hand... :eek:

lothiandon1940, swade41 and BLUSHU like this.
  14. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

My '57 Pontiac leaves a series of dashes and dots on the ground where I park it.
    I have never taken the time to decipher what the message is, "probably time for some new seals!"
    KK

15. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

image.jpg My 32 would probably be the 37 Indian motorcycle Navajo blue paint.

16. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

image.jpg image.jpg And my T modified would be that it was a cover car for Rod and Custom

17. My '39 would be IMG_2321.JPG old Hot Rod-early SBC, three deuce, Muncie 4 spd.

My p/u would be the color, gets a lot of comments on the color (I mixed myself)
    IMG_1950.JPG

My convertible is my "in the wind" car
    IMG_3131.JPG

18. IMG_20150424_103608.jpg my spare tire

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Ron Funkhouser, edcodesign and Al G like this.
  19. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Its 2hr appearance in the sun after about 30 years hidden away. going from storage to storage. Almost forgot what it looked like Geneseo 3 31 14 253.JPG

20. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't see it from here, but I think the 303 rocket with 3spd column shift. :) 46521283_2246898492010735_6395629864828796928_n.jpg

21. Dusty roads

Dusty roads
    BANNED

100_3240.JPG

The reverse opening hood. I have only found 8 F1's with reverse opening hoods.

F1 at Apache Wells Show.jpg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  22. greaser 35

greaser 35
    from FRANCE

My metalflaked roof of my '54 Ford
    [​IMG]

23. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

In 1960, my Impala’s signature was a small yellow C&O Stick Hydro sticker on the rear side window. When people saw that sticker, they usually stayed away or doubted the reality… "Who would put a stick hydro in a 58 348 Impala?” But, at the next stop light, reality set in and there were several more believers on the road. This went on until 1963-64, when I got this wild hair to add Buick Skylark wire wheels on the Impala. The cost was there, but getting a super deal on 5 Skylark Wire Wheels made the cost of the axles, plus the hub machining, negligible.
    upload_2019-1-11_5-15-31.png THANKS, MOOSE...
    Now, the signature in all of So Cal was the only 1958 Impala with a C&O Stick Hydro AND Buick Skylark Wire Wheels. Whenever we drove North to Harvey’s Broiler, South to Newport Beach, Merle’s, or East to Lakewood’s, Oscar’s, as well as to our own two, Bixby Knolls drive-in hot spots, the signature of my black 58 Impala was definitely there. I was the proud owner of a fast, drag racing Impala and could possibly enter it in a car show as a slightly modified street car. It was a very cool look with the new Buick Skylark Wire Wheels.

Jnaki
    (On the big back window, there was a very small, Racer Brown Cam sticker, that only drag racers would know)

The feeling of having a car that stood out anywhere we drove it was pretty nice for a teenager’s ego. But, by the summer of 1964, the Skylark wheels were gone (A midnight theft) and the only thing was an all black, (black rims on blackwalls on a black car…if they had black window tinting, it would really be all black.) Impala still cruising So Cal. It was still fast, still had the C&O Stick Hydro, and the race records were unblemished. The shiny look was slightly tarnished after the midnight theft.

I painted the rims silver, but after a week, it turned back to “black on black.” For the new owner, the black on black look sealed the deal. The last time I saw the 58 Impala was in a gas station parking lot, as I drove away in a friend’s 57 Chevy Bel Air. It still had “the look.” (Black on Black with the C&O sticker)
    upload_2019-1-11_5-27-7.png

Ron Funkhouser, brad2v and Hank37 like this.
  24. Colin HD

Colin HD

Not finished yet, but aside from the bubble top, think is going to be my third brake light.

Had loads of comments and I've not even installed it yet!

DSCF7185.JPG DSCF7441.JPG DSCF7455.JPG

25. cederholm

cederholm

26. Building everything on a budget, and doing all the work myself with knowledge I glean from magazine articles, and friends who have worked on cars longer than me. Also, doing things on the cheap like using stock serpentine belt pulleys instead of a march kit and using unwanted motors like 305's and 307's because no one else wants them and you can get decent street horsepower out of them and get decent mileage (if you care about that)

Attached Files:

• 163.JPG
      163.JPG
      File size:
      175.6 KB
      Views:
    brEad, X-cpe and trollst like this.
  27. I may do this on my car- want to do some other cool stuff to make it look like an "older" build

28. It’s obviously a very easy modification and when polished it looks Great! It also reminds me of the upper radiator hoses on the flat head that’s where I got the inspiration. I’m glad you like it and feel free to use anything that I have done to make your build your own! The build thread in my signature line is for my 37 Plymouth check it out you may find some more inspiration. Hobo Jim

29. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

The louvers on my Mercs hood. It had them when I got it in 1996. Gary Hiedts saw it at a Rod and Custom Americruise event and was sure that he did them. Before he started the chassis shop he had a louver press and had created the dies, so they had a different shape than most. He and a couple buddies would take the press to different events and spend the weekend punching lovers. The car has always been in Wi. and he was always coming up from Il. So now when people comment about the hood I have a cool story to tell. I did everything else , the tunnel headlights, grill surround, chop and frenched 54 chevy taighlights. All which make it mine. But the louvers are Hiedts! Larry

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019