Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A few thoughts on the upcoming year.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chryslerfan55, Dec 16, 2018.

1. I apologize if this has been done before. But i figured I’d ask anyway, what are you planning to do in the new year? Start a new project? Finish a project ? Maybe sell some things to clear out shop space? I myself am trying to sell a project not started in order to finance some things for my F-100. How about you guys?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces, Al G, warhorseracing and 3 others like this.
  2. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I have been helping a friend with an IMCA type stock car. Between that and getting a motor together for my Task Force truck, I will be pretty busy in my "spare" time. I helped with this race car late last summer, and realized how much I missed short track racing, having been away from it for 20 plus years.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sell more, buy less, maybe work on projects, and put some money aside. Happy New Year!

4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

One day at a time
    One foot in front of the other
    No plans

5. catdad49

catdad49

Finally, starting to sell off some stuff (after moving it a Few times)! Maybe a big trip this year, time will tell.

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. My plan for the last year was to be driving the Fargo which is about a weeks worth of work away from being on the road, installing I bought an off topic c body Chrysler and drove the hell out of it....oh well maybe this year

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. bubba55

bubba55

8. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finish my A roadster over the winter and get it on the road. Clean up my garage by getting rid of stuff I'm not using.

9. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Have myself hypnotized so I can find the GMC parts I carefully cleaned & put away 3 years ago.

seb fontana, Deuces, Budget36 and 2 others like this.
  10. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I want the Studebaker running and driving. I've got a few things to do...Build and engine, have the transmission rebuilt (beyond my skills and abilities), oh..and put all the bolts back where I took them out. IMG_1903.JPG

bobss396, Deuces, Sporty45 and 3 others like this.
  11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

garage sales swap meets and ebay. I have way too much junk at my place.

every year I say I am going to drive my 61 Dodge more and every year I don't. needs a radiator now.. maybe I'll get that fixed and drive it.

maybe I'll work on my 49 some more. need to paint some parts and reassemble it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. squirrel

squirrel

I hope to have some good adventures! about which I don't know much, right now.

but it would be good to get my Barracuda running down the track like it should.

bobss396, Deuces, low budget and 2 others like this.
  13. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been sidetracked alot with family issues this year-hopefully 19 will be better-only put 500 miles on the 55 and 1100 on the 40 this year!! Gotta finish up the black std coupe when it returns from uph too. Then a guy wants me to do work on his 39 woody-will see-time is a precious these days it seems. At 75 may be time to sell stuff off-have been selling alot of 40 pts on ebay too.
    Update-39 woody coming next week-something to keep me occupied til I find another project-be 76 in Feb-gotta hustle!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Deuces, mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. topher5150

topher5150

I would like to have a rolling chassis this upcoming year.

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Seriously thinking of offing my '27 Tudor project. Gonna do more outdoors kinda stuff. Put miles on my '50 Ford in the process.

Al G, chryslerfan55 and wraymen like this.
  16. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

I’m working 7 days a week trying to finish the shop. The pic below was taken a month ago. Today the hvac and heat pump w AC is being delivered. Batting and metal will finish the walls along with drywall and slat board. I’m almost done with the wiring. Pulled over 2000 feet of wire already and still have the cameras and speakers for the surround sound systems (2 diff ones). I fell off the 2nd story the week before Thanksgiving and just about killed myself so that put me 2 weeks behind. I landed on my tools (circular saw in the side) and it took a week or so for the bruising and cuts to heal so I could even get around again. While I have cars to get to this project has to b done and finished in 2019!
    Hope everyone has a safe Holiday season! Randy IMG_4660.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. 2018 was not a good year for me , probably only put on 20 miles on the `36. my `30 coupe and `28 Tudor just sat where i parked them in the fall of 2017. my motorcycle sat too

2019 i'd like to put a bunch of miles on them all

18. belair

belair

I hope to be able to get back to my normal life with cars after about September. Having to re-invent myself has put a big kink in my automotive fun.

Deuces and BigO like this.
  19. I need to finish the heat & interior on the sedan, some minor work on the wagon and put some miles on the 50 coupe. HRP

20. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Get one of my projects done and actually drive it this summer. We are also looking to put concrete down in the shop.

21. Finish my '40 p/u project, finish interior on my'40 Convertible, and get back to my '41 p/u/olds 303 project (unless of course I get side tracked on another project).
    IMG_3143.JPG

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just listed the '39 Pickup project in the classified section, jump start on the New Year. Bob

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  23. I plan on selling an O/T car to help finance some major home improvements. I hope to finish my 56 belair project and drive the 57. OH and try to work fewer hours at the steel mill!

24. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

I need to get off my ass and do some things. I need to make some room so maybe I'll get rid of some stuff. I've got an off topic project I need to finish and decide whether to keep it or not.
    Lots to do!! I'll have to see what my associates Mr. Time and Mr. Money think we can do.

25. Latigo

Latigo

Tweek a few things on the coupe. Maybe a T-5 overdrive. Finish a OT VW bug that's taking up garage space. Then spend more time on the lake.

Deuces likes this.
  26. cederholm

cederholm

Going in deep on my first hot rod build. You can make fun of me here.

~ Carl

27. My New Years resolution is to finish SOMETHING. I have too many partially finished projects. I hope to finish my 65 Vette and get my newly acquired 48 Ford coupe roadworthy and get rid of a car or two so I can start on the rebuild of my 32 Coupe. Too much on my plate.
    Reality is......well, I don't want to admit it...

28. marvbarrish

marvbarrish
    from SoCal

Moving out of Calif to Arizona. Got a large garage at the new house and a new to me El Camino project to start working on.

29. RustyDogg

RustyDogg

Finish the rebuild on my 383/727 and log some real miles on the Fury. See my youngest graduate from college. Enjoy and appreciate every minute. It's all a gift!

wicarnut, The37Kid and chryslerfan55 like this.
  30. gene-koning

gene-koning

Get my 39 Dodge pickup on the road. Get some upgrades done on the coupe. Enjoy my first year of retirement! Looks like a full year to me! Gene