Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Are there any good dent removal videos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4EyedTurd, Dec 14, 2018.

1. 4EyedTurd

4EyedTurd
    from Texas

Like most I’m more of a visual learner, I’ve read a few books on hammer and dolly work but would like to find some visual reference material. I’ve got a hammer and dolly set, stud welder, mig welder, porta power and a 64 belair with plenty of dents and bondo. I’m not trying for show quality just better than what’s there.

2. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Google up paintless dent removal and you should get a bunch of videos. I am surprised at some of the dents those boys are able to remove!

3. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

There should be video's of shrinking disc. They are noisy, dangerous, and they work! easy to pick up by beginners. It is a stainless steel disc that mounts to a grinder or buffer. you apply pressure to the clean high spot on a piece of metal and it heats the metal up to a red spot. you cool the area with water or air which shrinks it and you move on.

4. G-son

G-son
    from Sweden

I have seen a few good videos on Youtube. Long ago, so don't remember what I searched for.
    Apart from that, nothing beats actual practice. Grab a junk fender, make a dent you think you know how to knock back out again, and see if you do. When you have that under control, try a bigger/more complicated damage.

5. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Have you...ummm...looked ?
    Pretty simple to go into YouTube and start looking.

Mike

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

never will understand this line of thinking. you plan on doing a lesser job than you are capable of?

7. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think what he is saying is that he is a beginner and willing to learn so he probably doesn't yet know what he is capable of.

0nedon likes this.
  8. oldsman41

oldsman41

Once you see the videos you should start on a scrap piece of the same thickness you plan to work with practice does do wonders. Then pick a place on the car which isn’t seen easily and do some work there. As you go along you should do well this isn’t rocket science just slow and steady. If you do shrinking disc be careful not to overheat the area or warpage is going to happen. Like i said easy does it.