Register now to get rid of these ads!

Termites and Bowties- Early Chevy Group

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29bowtie, Jan 7, 2009.

1. madmike3434

madmike3434

wife has one for here in Canada and when we cross the border into USA she has one specifically for there and traveling. She is always trying to get me to take the local one, but like I tell her, WHEN I AM OUT YOU CANNOT BOTHER ME !!! LMAO

Cell phone use is a disease, more people distracted driving and making OUR LIVES at risk.

Hoping to head to head your way too CT in next couple of weeks to pick up fender then down to Hibernia NJ to get acrylic lacquer paint, primer and thinners to do spot repairs on touring . Might head to Carolinas for week warmer climes.

mike

biggeorge likes this.
  2. madmike3434

madmike3434

well your format is a JPG, just needs to be smaller, 440 kb is huge. Put your picture copied into general pictures and try it again
    mike

3. Mike 440KB is no problem on the hamb, i post double that size all the time. KB is small, MB is big.

4. madmike3434

madmike3434

So TB33, what do you think he needs to do to post pictures, I thought I gave him right insight ?
    mike

5. i only know my mac. i think what you do is right. i drag any photo i take onto the desk top, then resize them to anything below 999kb if i am loading a page full. the hamb will take a bigger photo if i load only a few.

6. the first one is 880 kb and the second 1.1 MB IMG_3893.JPG
    IMG_3918.JPG

7. ^^^^ Great looking Chevy!

8. I’m not in CT. I’m up in north eastern mass.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

try #2

Attached Files:

10. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

What frt seat with fold down back is best to use in a 2dr sedan standard.Thanks

11. madmike3434

madmike3434

FLATMOTOR40, you need to measure across at the front of the seat the width available to you, and its not a lot .

Glide engineering, Teas design are 2 that come to mind. Are there more ? These are very popular with ford guys in the 32--34 era which would put them in our size range. I sat on the TEAS at some meet 12 years ago and really didn't like them, mostly because of the material they used.

Because I will be moving my 35 roadster seat back 8" or more for leg room opens up a couple more inches of width.

mike lynch

12. I'm going from memory on this and admittedly my memory is not as good as it used to be, but I believe I measured 44" across outside edge to outside edge as available space in the 2dr Std sedan and it was tight. Of course, the original seats were small bucket seats that the whole unit tilted forward. I suppose you have a specific purpose in mind regarding the bench seat, but some bucket seats out of a small car, like a VW bug, wud work well. Possibly, the rear seat out of a small SUV wud also meet your needs.

13. madmike3434

madmike3434

when I sent my 1991 cutlass supreme international to the scrap yard, I took the leather seats out of it, because they were the most comfortable seats I had ever sat in. They were power articulating.........up--down , forward--backward, side bolsters opened of closed on your ribs locking you into the seat. The back had a bag in it with air inflator for perfect fit, the thighs had bolsters that would also fill up under your legs for support, both controlled electrically. Plus the head rest was also power.

A couple years later scrapped my 96 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI that had 9 buttons to control the seats. I took these out also. I plan on maybe using one of these in the roadster, minus the dumb looking head rests. Both of them are around 22" wide.

My understanding is on some new car reviews is that the LINCOLN 2016 and up has 28 position power seats that the reviewer did not want to get out of..........damn !
    mike lynch

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  14. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Thanks I think I want a bench seat I thought of a S10 with folding back so I can get in the back seat

15. madmike3434

madmike3434

I own an S10 extreme, 2003, they are not that comfortable......and the head rest is designed right into it.

YOU want into the back seat , surely you want other people back there , not yourself. ??
    ....mike

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  16. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

That is a nice looking seat and doesn't look out of place.

17. Having seen TB's '33 Chevy coupe up close and personal, I can assure you there is nothing that looks out of place. It is 1st class all the way!

tb33anda3rd and TFoch like this.
  18. thanks, i just replicated what my dad and uncle did..................except in black and white.

Bowtie Coupe and TFoch like this.
  19. Red and White with red rims.:cool:

Bowtie Coupe and TFoch like this.
  20. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Thanks with your coupe you have a good starting point I'll go to the junk yard soon and start measuring for it

21. madmike3434

madmike3434

the stone mason has finally finished THE STONING OF THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE.....lmao. Now we can get back into garage and continue onwards.

Today I dug out my DOUGS ..TRI-Y design headers and mounted them to the scrap block and heads. There was a magazine put out a few years ago that they used in building the 34-35 3 w coupe. Lots of clearance except at the block scatter shield area , little die grinder work remove 1/8" and lots of clearance. Next stop to passenger side for test fit.
    Eventually a ceramic coating will be applied .
    You can see how much clearance for our early chevrolets you get .

mike lynch DSCF3808.JPG DSCF3809.JPG DSCF3810.JPG

mgtstumpy likes this.
  22. madmike3434

madmike3434

and on a totally diff subject, THE STONING , nah not smoking anything, real stone applied to front of house.

Had this shipped across the country from west coast. Totally changes the look of my castle. Now after a month of this can get back to building the car , as garage is no longer blocked with scaffolding.....
    mike

Attached Files:

23. RoarsRods

RoarsRods

IMG_2536.JPG IMG_2536.JPG IMG_2538.JPG IMG_2538.JPG IMG_2538.JPG IMG_2538.JPG tb33anda3rd I love that old school black and white rolled pleated HOT ROD look on your ride!
    Hey don't listen to Madmikes comments! On his early roadster Chevy build of for shazzbotts he is using wood seats and will take out the foam pads so people will not steal them! Go Figure!!!
    I also like that big fire extinguisher on the floor so close to you when driving!
    Believe me that fire extinguisher came in handy once when I was driving up in my 33 Ford to the NSRA Burlington Nationals when my transmission hose sprung a leak, fluid on the exhaust, with smoke behind me. Pulled over and than the whole breakdown lane under my car was on FIRE! Put it out pretty quick and of coarse many Hot Rodders pulled over to give me help! Of coarse NH Fire Trucks arrived plus a ramp truck for my disabled Rod. Did finally make it to the last day of the long weekend NSRA venue. Here are a few pic long after that fire. All Chevy Drive Train! Early 70'S 400 SBC with Camel Hump heads, TH350 all built special, with a 10 Bolt Nova Rear End!!! Sorry for ALL THE PICTURES! I am the NEWBIE here!!!!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  24. thanks, here is the photo from hop up magazine in '61. big fire extinguisher just like the photo. 12470811353_938c5a6fd1_c.jpg

25. the seats in the car then were out of an austin. i tried to replicate the look.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  26. RoarsRods

RoarsRods

You did an assume job with that!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  27. RoarsRods

RoarsRods

Here is one of my two builds going on now at the same time. 1934 Ford 4 Door Sedan all ready to assembly after a long time mock up all ground up build in my IMG_2506.JPG IMG_2506.JPG IMG_2507.JPG IMG_2516.JPG IMG_2514.JPG IMG_2519.JPG IMG_2444.JPG MANS CAVE!!!! Also a 1957 Ford 9 inch TBird Pumpkin Style all rebuilt with posi and 3:90 Gears. Oh those wood wheels are only when I mount the remaining Ford drive train in!!!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  28. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Isn't this thread supposed to be about early Chevys? Built in a "Traditional Style"?

bct, Bowtie Coupe and tb33anda3rd like this.