Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects DRAG SNAKE "Vintage Terror!"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuced Up!, Oct 13, 2017.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I was guessing he was welding mounting tabs on.

loudbang likes this.
  2. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Kinda what I was thinking as well or at least that's what I would do

Gammz, loudbang and saltflats like this.
  3. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not since the last episode of Seinfeld has there been such rampant anticipation and gaudy speculation of a potential outcome. The build secrets that are about to be revealed here have been so top secret that only one person in the entire world knows them. They were originally formulated over a year ago and since that time have been locked in a small secure vault more than 12 feet underground. To protect it from any potential hazard the vault walls are over 36 inch thick reinforced concrete and its location is Top Secret. So with out further ado, and only because of fear of potential riots, I will now reveal my plans for attaching sheet metal panels to roll cage material.

We are planning to

WE INTERRUPT THIS POST WITH A SPECIAL TEST OF THE EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM. THE BROADCASTERS OF YOUR AREA IN VOLUNTARY COOPERATION WITH THE FCC AND OTHER STATE AND LOCAL AUTHORITIES HAVE DEVELOPED THIS SYSTEM TO KEEP YOU INFORMED IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY. THIS IS ONLY A TEST -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

Didn’t mean to offend you question your knowledge or ability to build what you want. Was only questioning to potentially save you work and time. I’ll go back to my coffee now!

loudbang and Deuced Up! like this.
  5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Usualy 1am for me...

loudbang and Deuced Up! like this.
  6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I usually only have to get up and pee once in the night, and when I do I can't get back to sleep thinking of how to wash the 50 years worth of dust off my next barn find 32 roadster.
    Never mind, that was just a dream, I have to go change my shorts now!

7. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No offense taken at all....just my terribly askew since of humor this morning. Just messing with you guys, keep the suggestions coming!

8. loudbang

loudbang

Must be hell sitting at work with nothing better to do than bust our balls. :) Don't you have a knob to polish or something ? :rolleyes:

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Starting to sound a lot like @Bandit Billy;)

10. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been polishing it....day and night. It now has a killer high luster!
    pool ball.jpg

11. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Randall I for one don't wanna know about you polishing your knob lmao.........we now return you to regular scheduled programming already in progress

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Boneyard51, Deuced Up! and loudbang like this.
  13. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Survey says?....weld on tabs. Lol

20181208_122928.jpeg

I think I may have finally found something I hate doing as bad as body work!

20181208_123645.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well there is one thing for sure at this point in the build, I am going to have to loose weight to drive the Cobra. Maybe that will be strong enough motivation to actually do it. Not to turn this into an Oprah show or anything but I have wanted (needed) to loose weight for a long time. I have a gym membership but hardly go. I have tried birthday goals and New Years resolutions so many times that I have lost count. I have tried giving up bread, chocolate, sugar, etc. etc. etc. Sometimes I have had a little success but then it seems I put it all right back on. You would think just getting healthy at my age would be enough motivation but thus far it has not.

This weekend as I was working on sheet metal panels I had to put the driver's seat in to make sure the pedals were in the correct place and usable. To begin with I am going to have to move them forward and actually extend the master cylinders out of the bottom of the foot box. Not something I can actually say surprised me as we had already made adjustments to the headers to clear them etc. But the thing I noticed most was just how squeezed into the stupid car I was. I looked like John Candy driving a convertible K-car. I had very little room for any part of my body to clear the steering wheel. The fact of life here...no way I can drive this thing safely being this size!

So I figure I have just about 6 months before the planned debut at George Rays place. It is not going to be an easy road but I guess I will attempt to use the same philosophy I use building....if it was easy, everyone would do it!

15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

If you had a job working on these little British cars, you would have been in shape. :D

loudbang, Boneyard51 and Deuced Up! like this.
  16. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is that all it takes?! And here I have been thinking it was all about carbs! (and not SU Carbs)...LOL

17. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

This thread is full of drag car awesomeness, and I don't want to sidetrack that... but, I've been doing the KETO thing since February and am down 60 pounds. Fitting in your car is a good reason to do it, and it is not that hard once you commit to it. This was after 40 plus years of not being able to keep weight off.

PM for details so we don't muck up this thread. :)

18. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

You think your cobra is small you should try to squeeze in my willys pickup hell man I went from a model t to the willys and I thought I was stepping up but there is way more room in my model t with the firewall reversed and recessed 4" than there is in my willys with only 2" firewall recess lol and I didn't think it was to bad to get into when I sat in your car but then again there wasn't and interior panels either lol

19. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You should try climbing in and out of a 18.5 inch wide rear engine dragster.

loudbang, Boneyard51 and Deuced Up! like this.
  20. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Good to see that you are making more room in the foot box, The only Cobra I ever drove was when tuning a Kit B.B. 460 with 5 speed manual. :) The only way to drive ( with size 13s) was to take my shoes off to prevent pushing clutch and brakes and or gas at same time, the pedals were really small and close together positioned uncomfortably far left of the seat to clear the Big Block. ( IT WAS FAST AND A BLAST TO DRIVE) :cool:
    Fastest Ford I ever drove and didn't get a rash. :D

21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Norb, you try and drive one of these.
    _DOLLAR__12.JPG___.jpg

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  22. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Would love Too :cool: But me thinks only a skinny little salty dern Varmint could fit in there.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and saltflats like this.
  23. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You know James, @pirate has one of those little babies with a V6 in it.

24. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I bet that is a hoot to drive.

loudbang likes this.
  25. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I know how those skinny ass dragsters are james the nitro car I have piloted is only 18" on the inside of the rails and is hell to get in and out but once in there you couldn't pry me out with a 20 foot pry bar lol. And Randall I've been rust repairing one of those pieces of crap at work and there isn't enough room for me in that thing with no floors or top let alone if it was complete lol

26. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

It’s a lifestyle man. It’s not easy to make big changes but all worth the rewards. Do you have a person at your gym your could use to help with meal planning? That has been the biggest part in staying healthy and eating right most of the time. 80% of it starts in the kitchen. The working out part is the easy shit man. Stay the course just like your builds and you will have success.

27. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Nuff said

28. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

o_O:oops:

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Gammz like this.
  29. Ive lost 56 pounds doing a Paleo diet, similar to a keto. They do work.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  30. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct