Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods lets see some two door wagons.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Flogknaw

Flogknaw
    from Texas

2. I got this one for my wife a few years ago.

JnS car book050.jpg

I thought it was a good trade....(>;

3. oldsfrench

oldsfrench
    from France

here in France ,friend's car
    IMG_05261.jpg

4. oldsfrench

oldsfrench
    from France

saw those in england last summer
    20180811_155935.jpg
    20180812_112508.jpg

5. 2manyseats

2manyseats
    from London, UK

Living in London, UK and built in TX by Dominik Hyde IMG_0360.jpg

Silva, i.rant, ct1932ford and 7 others like this.
  6. JOHN H EDGE

JOHN H EDGE

7. bdynpnt

bdynpnt

8. Agree!

Deuces and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. The Plymouths are just a great canvas for building a cool ride. IMO:cool:

Hnstray, Ron Funkhouser and Deuces like this.
  10. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

Belongs to a friend of mine, really nice body on this 56 Pontiac.

Attached Files:

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

12. And this wagon proves that statement. HRP

Deuces likes this.
  13. RockyMtnWay

RockyMtnWay

sold

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
  14. 1pickup

1pickup

My '63 BelAir is twice as cool as these are. It's got 2 doors - ON EACH SIDE!

15. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Looks like the admin's removed my post cuz the finished painted wagon had billet wheels on it, so I'll post it again...

Rocky, that Buick was built here in ColoRODo by a close friend...it's been bouncing around the Mid-West for a few years now...

Annnnnnnndddd...here's a '60 Chevy Brookwood two door wagon my bro and I built a few years ago and sold... IMG_2965.JPG
    It got a big block Chevy engine, a T-400 trans and new wiring - completely redone interior but we left the patina on it...!!!

R- IMG_421132.JPG

16. Latigo

Latigo

No picture but, trust me, this did happen. I found a 56 Chevy 2 door handyman wagon years ago. A true "behind the barn" find. My buddies and I were stacking hay in a farmers barn one summer. I walked out back to take care of some business and there sat the 56. Faded green plain Jane and very straight. Just some rust in the headlight buckets. I ask the farmer about it and he said, "Hell, haul it out of here and it's yours." A shot of gas in the carb and a jump and I drove it home that day. Kept it a couple of months and sold it cheap to a friend who needed a car. Those were the days. Fun while it lasted.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    chevy57dude likes this.
  17. RetroSpeed

RetroSpeed

My 1960 Falcon wagon with 4 lug Truespokes, 520s and an NOS Australian Falcon XK visor.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1960 Buick tail lights.

18. Butch M

Butch M

19. Deuces likes this.
  20. Nice Falcon!

Deuces likes this.
  21. IronFord

IronFord
    from NoDak

I came across this one over the summer. 20180513_133507.jpg 20180513_133543.jpg

22. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2018-12-14_4-48-0.png
    Hello,

In March of this year, we were on a hunt for some landscaping boulders and steps. In the industrial area of San Juan Capistrano, there is a row of companies that offer everything from car repair, school district warehouses, glass enclosures, granite slabs, boulders, silk screening companies, video transfers/editing, and surf clothing. There was once a famous, race car piston/connecting rod company, Carillo Rods, on this street for many years before moving to Irvine.

“The name Carrillo. Carrillo Industries—celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2013—is known as the connecting-rod company. It is still one of the largest piston-and-connecting-rod manufacturers in the aftermarket and recognized worldwide for advances in piston and H-beam connecting-rod applications. Like many of today’s largest aftermarket companies, Carrillo was founded in the earliest days of hot rodding. Fred is one of the few who still remember hot rodding’s early days of sun, sweat, and salt.”

But, this 56 Chevy 2 door wagon can be seen cruising to and from this area at any time. It stands out from a long way away because it is a 56 Chevy, but the color combination also helps. So, since the Carillo Rods Company moved away years ago, the owner must work for one of those other businesses on this long street. The surf industry companies have a lot of exposure all along this corridor.

Jnaki
    upload_2018-12-14_4-48-58.png
    Who owns this 56 station wagon? Probably some guy/girl that works at the local, surf oriented warehouse for one of the big names in the So Cal surf scene. This area is packed with those name brands. It would fit perfectly in our small, two car garage, that is for sure. Christmas trees would fit perfectly on top, being protected of course. It is too pristine to let a tree scratch that large surface, but, seeing it on the road several times near the beach, it must be a daily driver.

My wife would approve if I rolled into our garage driveway with this cool station wagon. At least her succulent plants and flowers would easily fit in the back, on a tarp... When picking up our granddaughter from her ballet group practices, among all of the huge SUVs, it certainly would be a contrast in styles and looks. Old vs. New..."Let the good times, roll..."

23. DSC00712.JPG DSC02151.JPG griots 1.jpg

Here is a few I've owned...

24. RmK57

RmK57

Looks complete except for the Roundup fender scripts. Only made 963 of them, fortunately most of the sheet metal can be supplied from a 57 Ford Ranch wagon.

IronFord likes this.
  25. The 56 ford in the previous post is a setting & rotting victim. Not mine yet? The 55 chev is my wagon when I first got it. I think that pink color they call Coral is hidious. The 55 ranch wagon is one of mine. 1955 ford ranch wagon 002.JPG 1955 ford ranch wagon 001.JPG

26. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

27. My buddy's car in Calgary. I owned it in the eighties and sold it to him back them. He still owns and runs it. IMGP2226r.jpg

28. Cooon

Cooon

Now with two wee kids you certainly learn the ‘challenges’ of having a two door wagon. Having to clamber in to get two car seats fastened in is not the easiest. Definitely wouldn’t change it though.

But hey, got to be safer with no doors for them to jump out right? I think that’s how Ford promoted it back in the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]