Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Searching for hot rod truck last seen in Lubbock, TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bhart, Dec 5, 2018.

1. bhart

bhart

I NEED YOUR HELP: PLEASE SHARE - in 2012-13 my husband and his dad built this ‘41 Chevy hot rod, and with the way everything works in the car world - traded it. It was the last truck he and his dad built together before his dad passed away last summer. I’m trying to find it & buy it back for him. The VIN + plates haven’t been registered since the previous owner in 2016, I reached out to him but he traded with a man in Lubbock about 2 years ago. It has the nickname of "Sparky" and has "Sparky's Speed Shop" painted on the driver side door. My husband talks about this rat rod every day, always searches Craigslist for it and even insisted we have pictures of it framed in our son’s nursery. If you have a facebook please feel free to share my post from my private page: www.facebook.com/brittany.pressley.39

I know the way the internet works so PLEASE SHARE, and share and share until I find the current owner + if you recognize the truck please have them get in contact with me! ♥️ thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Also, if you have any other suggestions on how to spread the word: I’ve already posted on all kinds of Lubbock classic car + rat rod pages, Craigslist and Marketplace. I’ve also blocked my husband from my Facebook so he can’t see this post

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2018
    das858 likes this.
  2. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Just saying " Hi" before the bashing begins.:)

3. town sedan

town sedan

Good luck..., I predict this one won't last long.
    -Dave

chevy57dude likes this.
  4. OlAZGuy

OlAZGuy
    from Phoenix

The woman is trying to do something nice for her husband. Leave her alone.

5. Sorry but you are on the wrong web site to inquire about rat rods. We don't do rat rods here.

Retson the Racer likes this.
  6. bhart

bhart

I had someone suggest I post here, which is why I did. Thanks.

7. low down A

low down A

I think she is just using the wrong pronunciation for the word Hot, look's more like a homebuilt hot rod than a rat rod i say give her a brake on her choice of words.

8. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Sounds like you or someone needs to go to Lubbock and beat the bushes, you've done about everything else. Good luck.

9. bhart

bhart

Thank you!! My husband and his dad built it when he was 16. I don't know anything about cars - just trying to bring it home to him.

10. mrhp

mrhp
    from MICHIGAN

Some people get their panties in a wad over certain key words here. Call it a traditional hot rod and you will be fine. Hope you find the truck. Very nice thing you are doing. Brian.

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

If you change the title of your post to something like "Searching for hot rod truck last seen in Lubbock" you'll get better help and answers. Some on this site will get hung up on terminology and miss the opportunity to helps someone trying to do some good. Good luck!

mrhp, alanp561, F&J and 3 others like this.
  12. bhart

bhart

I changed it! Thank you, I appreciate your help!

town sedan and F&J like this.
  13. Hellfish

Hellfish

14. Sporty45

Sporty45

Agreed ;)

Also, let me add good luck in your search.

nochop likes this.
  15. There is ofcourse a good chance that it,s been painted and maybe other wheels since 2016. Won,t look the same in that case. Hope you find it and at a good price or at least find it and keep tabs on it.

16. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Surely you still have the VIN, doesn't Texas offer a VIN search? It may cost a buck or two but it would make this process easier. Oh, and don't call me Shirley.

F&J likes this.
  17. I shared your Facebook link to a couple groups, good luck

F&J likes this.
  18. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd watch the parking lot at the Buddy Holly Museum. The only reason we went to Lubbock:rolleyes:

F&J likes this.
  19. F&J

F&J

Have you asked if the first guy knows if it was painted? or...better said.... Do you know if it was in bare unpainted body when guy #2 traded it away?

The more details you post here, the odds get better.

BTW, The dash was painted up nice so maybe that still looks the same, even if the outside is now different.

20. bump for the xmas crowd....

21. Raunchy

Raunchy

I ask my Son and Brothers son who live in Lubbock and went to Tech there. Both are into the hot rod scene and neither remember the truck. Good Luck.