Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1936 Plymouth Steering wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aussie56, Dec 2, 2018.

1. aussie56

aussie56
    from Australia

After a trade with a friend I now own a 1936 Plymouth 5 window coupe, whilst it is almost totally stock apart from a different diff and some bigger rear wheels. I am looking to do some small touches on it to drive more nicer until I can afford bigger changes.

I would like to put a different steering wheel on it but as I have been told it has a double keyway on the shaft. Can anyone help on where I can find some adapter that would fit this shaft so I can then get a different aftermarket smaller wheel.

Thanks in advance.

(Not my steering wheel pictured but will be same as.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. upspirate

upspirate

Pretty car!
    Maybe find another wheel and cut just the center out and make an adapter for a different wheel.
    Have a machine shop make an adapter to bolt another wheel.
    I'm thinking of the old three bolt style wheels like Grant, Moon etc , but don't know what style you want to adapt

3. dwollam

dwollam

Leave one key out and fit whatever you want on there. Remember stock Model A wheels have more than one keyway, so you can adjust steering wheel position to where you like it. The ones on your wheel look offset, probably for the same reason.

Dave

4. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

Remember, that big wheel is on there for a reason.

X38 likes this.

5. aussie56

aussie56
    from Australia

True true, maybe I just need to find a nice wheel the same size and for this car.

Thanks all.