Register now to get rid of these ads!

HA/GR in Minnesota

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by bobw, Jan 14, 2009.

1. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Heal well.

loudbang likes this.
  2. spanners

spanners

Heal well and quickly. You've got work to do! Just kidding, take your time. At our age you sometimes only get one chance at getting it right. Just think of the bench racing you can do while healing.

64 DODGE 440 and loudbang like this.
  3. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gee Bob, that really sucks. I know what you are going through, I've had my shoulder operated on three times. I hope that all turns our well and that you are back in the show in no time.

loudbang likes this.
  4. bobw

bobw

Four more weeks in a sling then rehab. The car will run Aug. 25-26 when our street rod association rents the Brainerd drag strip. Then comes the Fallout in Eau Claire put on by the Meltdown Drags guys. A fantastic event.
    Too bad I can't get the dual carb set up on it and the high stall converter in it. Tough to do with one freeking arm.

loudbang likes this.
  5. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I got a total shoulder replacement at Mayo six year ago it took a lot of time to get back to go.
    Just do the rehab as instructed and you'll recover fine. I can't wait to see how it does with the new carbs and converter. Probably at the next Meltdown.

loudbang likes this.
  6. bobw

bobw

Last weekend was the Super Secret Fun Run at Brainerd International Raceway. The Minnesota Street Rod Assn. rents the strip and we members get to race for free. My dragster was there with my buddy Dave driving. He has very little seat time in it but ran 11.66 @ 118.
    Racer Roy 3, total shoulder replacement must have been a real pain. My shoulder still barks at me and I haven't started rehab yet.
    SSFR 18 008.JPG

loudbang and millelacsrick like this.
  7. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I see a 120+ in the very near future! Did the new converter work like you hoped? How is the new dual carb intake coming? We might have take up a collection and send you to OK to show them how it in done up North.

8. bobw

bobw

Roy, I haven't been able to put the converter in with the shoulder problem. Oh how I want to get it installed. High hopes. The two carb intake is ready to install. Waiting for some dry days to get it done. We're leaving it on the trailer til the Fallout so that's why the need for good weather.
    I picked up two 1.14 venturi carbs in case the 1.08 venturi carbs prove to be too small.
    I believe the several of the Oklahoma boys can run well under their index. They know what they are doing. Much respect.
    New problem: My wrists and fingers apparently have a painful form of arthritis and I can hardly do anything. Will learn more in the next few weeks.

9. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Darn Bob you need to get well soon, I know all about the arthritis thing. I'm sure all of us SDRA guys would chip in a little to get you to come down to Okla. Oh! We all can run under our index.:D:D

10. bobw

bobw

Hey Mr. Mac, I greatly admire the SDRA. It's not money that holds me back from visiting/racing with you guys. It's health, 3 dogs and a wife.

Hopefully Bob Huberty will show up at the Fallout in a few weeks.

11. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

You're n the right track with a 2 x 2 intake w/ two Autolites.

loudbang likes this.
  12. bobw

bobw

Two friends did most of the work and we installed the 2 carb set up on the dragster. I could hardly make it run. With the Fallout drags one day away I decided to take it off and put the Clifford manifold and Holley 3310 back on. It was in the low 50's and cloudy and I couldn't drive because of the shoulder surgery. Dave drove and ran a best of 11.60 @ 118 and change. If you look around on the HAMB main page you can see many of the great cars that were at this two day event. Too bad the weather held the spectator crowd down.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    loudbang likes this.
  13. bobw

bobw

Fallout Dat 2 004.JPG
    Here's Dave sitting in the staging lanes at the Fallout Drags.

loudbang likes this.
  14. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Let us know what you find wrong with the 2 x 2s.

loudbang likes this.
  15. bobw

bobw

I made the plenum smaller by narrowing it and putting some blocker panels in it. It's now about 144 cu. in.
    tank and intake 002.JPG

loudbang likes this.
  16. nugget32

nugget32

I bet it will work better now Bob.

Sent from my VS500 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  17. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you register for the Meltdown (or whatever they are calling it)? Are you taking the Bantam?

loudbang likes this.
  18. bobw

bobw

Hi Roy, I did get both the dragster and the Bantam registered for Glory Days at Byron. Have to get another converter for the dragster. Waiting til my money reserves recover from the Florida trip. I'm picking away at the Bantam and should have it running in time for the races.
    Feeling pretty good and am able to work on them 3-4 hours most days.
    Hope to see you at Byron.

nugget32 and loudbang like this.
  19. nugget32

nugget32

Hi Bob, Jerry here.

Sent from my Chromebook 11 Model 3180 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  20. bobw

bobw

Hi Jerry, When ya coming back?

loudbang likes this.
  21. nugget32

nugget32

Back around 5-1.

loudbang likes this.
  22. nugget32

nugget32

Around 5-1.

23. bobw

bobw

Dick, and some of the others, cover your eyes. I received my high stall converter from Frank Lupo at Dynamic Converters. Dave, Jerry and I put the car together and am ready to try some driveway runs. Hopefully the 60' times will improve a lot.
    The two carb set up is on hold until we get comfortable with the converter. One change at a time. Had the header Jet Hot Coated too.
    converter 004.JPG

Crosley, nugget32 and loudbang like this.
  24. loudbang

loudbang

God to see you back on it. :)

nugget32 likes this.
  25. spanners

spanners

As they say "Looks fast just standing still".

loudbang and nugget32 like this.
  26. bobw

bobw

It's all together and runs good. Did some rejetting and removed the power valve. I did a couple driveway shots and driver Dave did a few. No bog, and it leaves much stronger. We're ready for Glory Days (the new Meltdown Drags) at Byron, Il the middle of July. I hope it is as good as the Meltdown Drags. That's the best there ever was. Like Eagle Field to you Left Coast guys. Would like to run it before but I'm having gall bladder surgery July 5 and won't push it for a little while.

nugget32 and loudbang like this.
  27. nugget32

nugget32

Good luck on your surgery Bob.

loudbang likes this.
  28. bobw

bobw

No driving or whiskey for 24 hours according to the Doc. But that pesky gall bladder is out of there. Surgeries are a bit tough on this old man though.

loudbang likes this.
  29. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Yeah, we do tend to take a mite longer to heal from as time goes by. :D

loudbang likes this.
  30. nugget32

nugget32

Glad that you weathered the storm Bob. Take it easy for a while and if you need help with anything give me a call.

loudbang likes this.