Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What Ever Happened to..........?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by OG lil E, Apr 19, 2016.

1. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Sorry I didn`t take any pictures of it. But I did find it in Mike Keys Leadsled book. It was at the KKOA show in Des Moines in 82. In COLOR. Scan0769.jpg

BigO, gsnort, Sancho and 8 others like this.
  2. Wowsers. What a beauty !! Man is that thing low ! It's perfect.

Sancho, 54delray, OG lil E and 2 others like this.
  3. loudbang

loudbang

I'm pretty sure I posted that. Try here: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...post-pictures-of-what-you-like.132391/page-92 maybe a couple pages back, if not there then try this one again maybe a page or two back https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...es-wanna-see-wild-custom-paint.257556/page-78

4. Great information, Mark! I knew you would have something on this one.
    Funny how as this thread moves along a lot of the same names keep coming back around. I know John Sevelius had a number of customs over the years. We covered his '48 Studebaker here way back at W.E.H.T. #61. The car was very different, but I've always thought it was cool.

John Sevelius 48 Studebaker a.jpg

Here's a link to the post in case anyone wants to read it to catch up:

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/what-ever-happened-to.1016572/page-41

Give me time, kidcampbell..........I think that day may be coming faster than you think (lol)! E

5. Great shot, Jim! I know there are more out there. Where are they?

Still searching @loudbang, no luck yet. E

6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I may be wrong, but I think there was a feature in Classic and custom

7. If there was, I don't have that issue. I looked through all the ones I have doing research on the Buick and had no luck. E

loudbang likes this.
  8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I'll look thru mine tonite. Did you look in the kkoa book?

OG lil E likes this.
  9. Got an update for last week's W.E.H.T. (#142). @John B sent me a photo of a business card for Hal and Pat Wolf of Midwest Kustoms. The card had their address including their hometown which was Mendon, Michigan. I've updated the information on the post.
    Thanks for the information John! E

10. I did and I didn't see it. I'll check again.........Nope, it's not in either KKOA book. E

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    loudbang, John B and 54delray like this.
  11. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

Here it is in the back parking lot of Howard Johnson's on Merle Hay Rd in Des Moines, 1984 KKOA. My first big car show as a fresh out of high school 18 year old. Drove my very mild '55 Ford Club Sedan. Talk about jaw dropping, to see all those kustoms gathered in one place. I was Merc crazy, thus the perspective of the photo. It scanned darker than the print, but it is not black. It is the blue flamed Buick from above. A great friend who is a Definite Ford guy, commented on the photo 30 plus years ago, that he REALLY liked that Buick. I recall him saying he would give a left and/or right body part for it. He's on the HAMB @olskool31coupe 01162017_0021.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  12. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

notice the for sale sign.....

13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I do have a picture of it from the Springfield Il. KKOA show. I thought it was a different car because the flames don`t show up. A diffe Scan0095.jpg rent owner with hydraulics installed. Running the KKOM tag.

Sancho, Ron, rodncustomdreams and 9 others like this.
  14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yup, John Sevelius had it painted too when he owned it, no more flames. I belonged to KKOM too at that time

chryslerfan55, Sancho, Ron and 6 others like this.
  15. That's a great shot, Bill! Oh if only the Spectacular was still like it was in those days! E

chryslerfan55, Sancho, Ron and 7 others like this.
  16. Nice pic, Jim! For me, it's too plain without the flames. I like the flamed version much better! E

chryslerfan55, Sancho, Ron and 6 others like this.
  17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Found this pic in custom cars in their Des Moines Kkoa coverage [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

That`s the same pic Ed posted .

chryslerfan55, Sancho, Ron and 5 others like this.
  19. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

dammit... LOL

20. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

When this cools down, I`ll post an article about the Baby Cakes Merc and Jerry Titus`s Merc. Since it was mentioned in an above post.

21. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Pat Wolf is my friend on FB. They live in FL now. We were members of mid west kustoms for a few yrs. I know the had a 51 lincoln , I believe after they sold this one. I may have missed it but was ths car found? If not I can ask Pat if they know where its at

Sent from my SM-G935V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Thanks @KustomLincolnLady! Nice to know that Mrs. Wolf is still with us.
    No word yet on the whereabouts of the Buick. Please keep us posted if you have any news. Happy Thanksgiving! E

23. John B

John B

Did we have a date on the silver and white version of the Buick? That is as far as we got on the whereabouts wasn't it?

24. Yep, that was it. No dates, just the new paint. E

25. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Pat just said she asked Hal and the last they knew it was on the east coast, but do not know who owns it. Sorry, was hoping they would.

Sent from my SM-G935V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

drdave, chryslerfan55, Sancho and 4 others like this.
  26. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Been trying to organize my magazines and catalog what I have. A never ending task. Just found this in the KKOA Trendsetter, November/ Scan0771.jpg December issue of 93. I left off the price and phone number. Still owned by the Beards.

Ron, richards69impala, drdave and 7 others like this.
  27. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

A common mistake made by many. Scan0768.jpg Scan0773.jpg I was gonna o-mit the first part of Jerrys letter, but thought you guys might enjoy it. Scan0774.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  28. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Here`s the version when Jerry sold his Merc. The rear wheelwells were covered up. Then here`s the Beards car as it appeared on the cover of American Rodder when it was featured in that issue. And a picture of the El Camino a couple issues before the cover shot of the Beard`s in also in American Rodder. @rudestude Suggested Beard`s car might be in an earlier issue, so I went thru a few of mine. The El Camino was at a show in Burbank CA from the coverage in 92. Scan0776.jpg Scan0777.jpg Scan0778.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  29. loudbang

loudbang

See it easier this way :)

1.jpg