Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods riderightparts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by silent rick, Nov 12, 2018.

1. silent rick

silent rick

hotrodA started a thread about the 32 grill shell THIS GUY sells on ebay. now THE GUY has what he claims to be forged dropped axles with a part number BPC-3006. THE GUY claims to grind the forging marks and bead blasts them for a superior finish.
    they kind of remind me of the forged axles that so-cal sells. they have the same rounded recess in the webbing. not seeing any forging marks scare me, wondering if they are indeed really forged.
    i like to look on ebay from time to time to see if anyone throws up a now defunct chassis engineering axle.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    RollinRock and TOMMAY like this.
  2. town sedan

town sedan

If it's forged he should do a video of his axle hanging from a pole. Then all he'd have to do is tap it and the ringing will tell all if it's forged, or not.
    -Dave

3. Reminds me of bodies for sale at swap meets with a coat of primer...you just knowthere is something bad under it. I would smell a rat in this case too.

4. Caveat Emptor! The grill shells apparently are way off as to dimensions and comparison to originals. I passed on them, even for a repair donor.

5. williebill

williebill

your original post reads like hotrodA is the one selling these parts.
    That's not what you meant, is it?
    Go back and reread your post.

silent rick likes this.
  6. I didn't know this...good info. What is the sound made from a cast axle?

7. town sedan

town sedan

I learned this trick when looking for a forged crankshaft. A forged one will have a bell like ring to it. A cast one will not. I'd think it would work on any large forged part.
    -Dave

8. I'm gonna go bang on a bunch of axles and see what they sound like. Thanks.

9. silent rick

silent rick

how's that?

10. silent rick

silent rick

i guess if you look at the bottom view of the axle near the spring perch, you can make out what's left of a wide parting line that's seen on forgings.

11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I would be suspect of the seller's statements. Caution is the rule. Why would he do all that work ? From the goodness of his heart? Maybe he is clairvoyant and knows all the customers want it this way.:D:rolleyes:

X38 likes this.
  12. Riderightparts

Riderightparts

Hello guys,

My name is Jeff I work for Riderightparts or Bous Performance. Riderightparts is our eBay store for Bous Performance. We are a manufacture that specialize in hot rods, classic & domestics.
    We have been in business for the last 1.5 years but have over 20+ years industry experience.
    Bous Performance offers many parts that range from 1932 frames to fuel tanks and mostly everything in between from fuel cells and tanks to headers and intake manifolds. I am not here to deceive anyone but be open and honest and hope to answer any questions or concerns about parts we offer.
    I have posted the BPC-3006 front axle being referred to in this thread.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1arSvU_LEvOhRMaqMhowQcyocrVW13s6Y/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for your time.
    Jeff

13. patsurf

patsurf

nice!

14. Definetly a ring to to that axle !!!!!
    Time to eat some humble Pie !!!!

klleetrucking likes this.
  15. town sedan

town sedan

Sounds like a bell to me...
    -Dave

16. From what it looks like it's a SoCal axle:
    upload_2018-11-14_9-28-53.jpeg
    Or is it?

The one "bous" "riderightparts" shows:
    [​IMG]

Definitely not the same in the perch pin area for a start.

So, who makes this? And where? (For $229 , including grinding and blasting,I think we can assume China)

17. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Is ANYONE making a forged axle domestically anymore?

18. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Who did Chassis Engineering sell their business to? I think it's moot, because Chassis Engineering stopped production of axles due to their lease with the heavy stamp co. running out?
    That would stop mfg. in its tracks. Ergo, assuming the rumor was correct?
    A HAMBer was said to be one of the last employees there.

...and the 'ring' is true. (all my axles do that, except my Dodge tubes!)

19. Heidts hot rod shop in Illinois bought the Chassis Engineering products. I don't think that includes the axles. You can call them to confirm.

Phil

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    deucemac likes this.
  20. killbilly

killbilly

Far away ,across the field,the tolling of the iron Bell.....

21. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

"Far away ,across the field,the tolling of the iron Bell....."

You mean they're from the Dark Side of the Moon?

charleyw and warhorseracing like this.
  22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"There is no dark side in the moon, really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."

charleyw likes this.
  23. "careful with that axle Eugene"

24. Which track?

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  25. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

If I recall my French correctly don't you pronounce Bous like Boos? Unusual name for a business; doesn't intill confidence now does it? Mere coincidence I hope.

26. Hombre

Hombre
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Come on guys, Post is put up and the poster is concerned ( rightly so) if the axle in question is in truth really a "Forged" axle. Then "town sedan" then makes the suggestion on what the seller should do to prove that it is in fact a "Forged" axle. And then the seller joins the HAMB to do just that very damn thing, and does post a video is the axle hanging and ringing like a Bell. I say we all need to cut Ridgerightparts some slack. I say good on them for doing this!!

27. I still want to know about the supply chain. I think I would be very safe in assuming that Bous does not own a manufacturing plant with a big axle forge.

Nothing wrong with wanting to know who makes something and where.

28. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Which track?

Time.

charleyw likes this.
  29. Curt Six

Curt Six

First of all, yes, Pete & Jake's now makes a forged I-beam here in the U.S. They bought the dropped axle tooling (and a few other things) from Chassis Engineering (and Heidts bought the rest). I just did an article about this (aftermarket dropped axles, including the backstory on P&J's forged axles) in the new TRJ #80.

I do think it's cool that riderightparts came on here, answered the questions and posted that video. Maybe "shoot first, ask questions later" isn't always the best strategy.

Bam.inc, dan31, Kan Kustom and 5 others like this.
  30. oldsman41

oldsman41

They came on and answered the question it is forged. Now i guess they should say where it is made then we’ll get the hash from the company.

alanp561 likes this.