Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods BAD EXPERINCE WITH BUBBA'S HOT ROD SHOP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bundybiker, May 15, 2014.

1. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have had nothing but excellent service from Bubba, sure it took a while . But its like good cheese , all good things take time.
    Bubba has done 3 distributors for me.
    If you are impatient by all means buy a new distributor on ebay direct from China.

6inarow, Stogy and big duece like this.
  2. 32Stoker

32Stoker

What was the turn-around time on those?

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

So you think it's better to have multiple threads bashing Bubba??

5window, Kiwi 4d and Budget36 like this.
  4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's time to stop bashing Bubba.

5. missysdad1

missysdad1

I agree. This thread has gone on long enough and should be retired by the moderators.

6inarow, 28dreyer and gimpyshotrods like this.
  6. doyoulikesleds

doyoulikesleds

ya why would we want to here about bad service they all need to go buyer be ware

uncle buck likes this.
  7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Because it is now a whiney, pile-on bitch-fest.

If you can do the work better, step up and do it.

If you can't, move on.

8. uncle buck

uncle buck

Is it really bashing when real life stories are shared? With honesty and communication by Bubba none of these bad experiences would have been ….. well …. bad experiences would they. His work quality is said to be the best but the best quality is non existent on something you can't get.

bundybiker, weemark, tubman and 8 others like this.
  9. doyoulikesleds

doyoulikesleds

It seems he cant get it done but we need to praise him as a god anyway because the stuff he has done works great. If you look at almost all of the threads like this there are people happy with the work on almost all of them why is this one so differnt? It runs a couple of years and the problems are the same promisses one date then another and another alot like the paint jail threads. If he does good work for you great but I would not want to roll the dice

10. 5window

5window

There is no question that people are pleased with the work-when they have the part. The problems are making promises not delivered on, taking payment but not delivering a product, poor to zero communication, failure to respond to inquiries, and a turn around time running into years. Who's got that kind of time or patience when you're building a car you want to drive or need to deliver to a customer? How would your business be, Gimpy, if you operated on those principles?

Can I rebuild a better distributor? Nope. Can I provide better customer service and communication? Damn straight, in a heartbeat, or I would have been out of business years ago. This is a fixable problem-but only if the business wants to fix it. And, the way to stop the "piling on" is to fix it now.

11. 32Stoker

32Stoker

For the guys calling to end this thread...please spare me! The whole point of this forum is to discuss EVERYTHING having to do with ‘traditional hot rods and customs’...the good, the bad, and the ugly...not just what tickles your ears. On the contrary, I would suggest YOU move on to a different thread.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    weps, tubman, WiredSpider and 2 others like this.
  12. Only Jim "Bubba" Linder can stop that.

Ben

WiredSpider likes this.
  13. Merlin13

Merlin13

this is so fucking shit...I'll never more trade with Bubba, no of my friends will...normaly I've to make a phonecall

1. I get the invoice...but it is over 411 Dollar. So I was fucked 3 Times from you. Get to much money (Okay my mistake), waste a lot of my time, and now you don't have the time to email my an Invoice about 250 Euro incl. shipping. So I've to pay something about 170 USD Tax....together something around 581 Euro for this in real.
      Do you think this is fair?

Sent from my SM-G930F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

MERLIN13, TODAY AT 7:17 AMEDITREPORT

2. [​IMG]
      Merlin13

Did you get the paypal invoice ?? I will remove it on my end when you get it.....

Bubbas Vintage Ignition

Informationen zu diesem Unternehmen

FÄLLIGER BETRAG

411,00 USD

Rechnungsnummer

60117-A

Rechnungsdatum

Fällig am

Verwendungszweck

dirk

distributor automotive flathead ford

1 x 350,00 USD

350,00 USD

Zwischensumme

Versand

350,00 USD

61,00 USD

Gesamt

411,00 USD

ANMERKUNGEN

advise when recieved

RECHNUNG AN

dirk
      [email protected]

MERLIN13, TODAY AT 7:28 AMEDITREPORT
    Page 2 of 2

uncle buck likes this.
  14. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

I usally have access to a mill or lathe or know someone that does , any competent machinist can be give the direction and make it happen , lots of guys out there with distributor machines still

15. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

seems simple, if you can't handle the work, don't take it in

16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The distributor finally arrives, but now there is some controversy about more money? I'm so confusedo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:(:(:(

17. What I’m getting is he wanted an invoice for less then it cost to pay less taxes? I may be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

seb fontana likes this.
  18. Merlin13

Merlin13

He send the parcel and wrote 250 Dollar on it.
    There is no invoice in the parcel and custom will not give me the parcel without.
    Now he send me an Invoice over 411 Dollar (my mistake was to send 361 Euro not Dollar...I let him the money at this time because it was my mistake)
    What do you think custom will tell me if on the parcel Jim wrote 250 Euro and on the invoice 411 Euro???
    Where is the problem?

19. 5window

5window

I am not sure I still understand the problem clearly except that there is still a screw up from the USA end of things. Good luck and keep us posted.

20. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Yep finally got all the parts for your project including the period correct Brown cap wil ship first of next week..... IMG_2862.JPG

21. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I am so lost in this entire deal. You said :

Just went to the custom...they won't give me the Distributor because there is no Bill inside!
    Please send me a Bill over 250 Dollar per Email and Post!

Ok i just sent you a invoice on current cost of this product , kit with correct matching coil and it is over $250. I thought that is what you asked for.

So tear it up as i just sent you another one for exactly $250.

Get the distributor from customs and then send me a email for your actual losses and i will refund that amount thru pay pal !

town sedan likes this.
  22. I know Merlin's native language is not English but if all the communication has been as confusing as what he has posted on this thread it's amazing he got anything. Not that it justifies the prolonged wait but it's hard to understand what he is even talking about half the time.

Baumi and 6inarow like this.
  23. Yup, it’s hard to follow, as I said it’s what I read into it, I can’t follow what actually happened or where the problem is, hope it gets resolved for all involved...

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

24. saltracer219

saltracer219

I really understand why many businesses do not want to go thru the b.s. it takes to do overseas business. Major communication and shipping problems! Bubba, it seems that you are busy enough without continuing taking on this major headache.

25. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Merlin13: I think some of your problems are caused by ill communication on both sides. Your English is not the best and some of your emails are hard to read and understand, even for me as a German. Maybe you can find someone with better English abilities to handle the email communcation for you... " Rechnung über 250$" would be something like " an invoice with a total balance of $250". "Over $250" means " mehr als 250$". My Endlish ain´t perfect either, but if I can help you out I gladly will.

26. 6inarow

6inarow

Looks to me that everyone is getting their stuff. Just not as timely as expected. They aren't getting ripped off, so no big deal. Sometimes life gets in the way. I just hope all is OK with Bubba. There is always more to the story.

Baumi likes this.
  27. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have had this situation myself a couple of times, at the customs with no invoice in the box. But that doesn´t really matter. Even a paypal print out that shows your payment or the Credit Card invoice, even a printed out screenshot of either one will be accepted. Should be no problem in this age of smart phones and email.

28. 6inarow

6inarow

Ja Genau..................... PS Englisch ist ganz gut

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Baumi likes this.
  29. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hahaha, vielen Dank! Dein Deutsch auch:)

30. 6inarow

6inarow

Austausch Programm, Melk Oesterreich...........................

Baumi likes this.