Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Ever get carried away decorating the shop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotty t, Nov 2, 2018.

1. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg It’s a sickness!

2. Let’s see yours

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Oh you definitely did lol. Very cool. Mine is all vintage from signs, thermometers, coolers, fenders , visors yada yada yada just not you would think your in the 30's to 50's era unfortunately everytime I get the shop set up just how I want it in comes more projects or house projects and then I have to shuffle things around. I am glad that the Good Lord invented rafters. :D

Atwater Mike and scotty t like this.
  4. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg ^^^in theory that’s a working shop^^^

5. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I started collecting porcelain signs back in the late 60's when people would give them to me cause no on wanted them or I could buy them for $10 or $20. Same with old oil cans and gas station "junk", license plates ,old toys , pedal cars- you name it. I decided to have an auction in 2003, cleared over 10K and bought a ot 66 Buick Skylark GS, a 65 GS and some shop equipment. Now 15 years later I have more stuff than before the auction! Guess my kids will have to have the next auction:rolleyes:

61Cruiser, Jalopy Joker, F&J and 3 others like this.
  6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Ya' got a light burned out! Other than that, and maybe a little OCD, I'm on board with what you've done. Besides, anyone with a 56 Chevrolet is OK in my book. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

61Cruiser and catdad49 like this.
  7. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

You guys have some nice shops, after seeing them I feel like I am working in a cave.

bobss396, catdad49 and scotty t like this.
  8. image.jpg
    That light is on another circuit! Half the lights on each circuit, I rarely use all the lights.

9. Wise.

10. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

11. catdad49

catdad49

Scotty, I think you've done an excellent job of decorating! The Big Plus is that you still have plenty of work space. It amazes me what some of you have collected, thanks for sharing.

12. robracer1

robracer1

DSC01413.JPG yes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  13. Devin1950

Devin1950
    from Howell, MI

I'd like to get an old gas pump and start from there...

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  14. jazz1

jazz1

1C74A5E6-C919-40AA-A78F-91A13C1C1EFE.jpeg 9E76C525-D8C6-4086-B1A6-A6AF822C2718.jpeg I have limited wall space but stuff finds its way onto wall. Floor space gets no fluff

15. Those are outside, nothing special though

Devin1950 likes this.
  16. ken bogren

ken bogren

I'm seeing a lot of blank space on those garage doors.

scotty t likes this.
  17. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Yes I decorate mine with grinder dust and a mess.

18. No, but I need to spend a few hours cleaning up the mess. HRP

ct1932ford and scotty t like this.
  19. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had 30-years worth of accumulations on the wall. I sold them all to one local guy a few weeks ago and don't miss them a bit - it was the search & discovery and comaraderie with friends that was the fun part. I enjoyed them, now enjoying the money they brought. There's a time and a season for everything, I guess.

Here's a few "before" pics:
    [​IMG]barn2 by TagMan, on Flickr
    [​IMG]barn3 by TagMan, on Flickr
    [​IMG]barn1 by TagMan, on Flickr

20. mountainman2

mountainman2

NO......I have a "traditional" shop. o_O

Texas Webb and scotty t like this.
  21. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Pictures I have taken of mainly Customs on 3 of the walls in my shop. 24 x 30. The top pic was in my dad`s garage. Scan0004.jpg

drdave, ct1932ford, vtx1800 and 5 others like this.
  22. Oilguy

Oilguy

23. badvolvo

badvolvo

My shop is a mess, it's actually my garage. As soon as this 40 Chevy build is done, by May I hope, I am moving the shop to the shop I built two years ago. The garage will no longer filled with crap. Plans include a nice finished floor, installation of the Corvette billboard I bought 20 years ago, and lots of stuff I have collected. Mainly I want a place that stays clean, so my cars do. It's an oversize 3 car so the 40 coupe, 36 pickup and 59 Vette can have a nice warm place over the winter months, poor old flat fender Willys has to stay in the shop with the projects.

catdad49, GuyW and scotty t like this.
  24. Squablow

Squablow

I like the collections. My house garage and my office both look like that, this is the only pic I have handy but there's way more. After going to BobK's house and seeing his valve cover collection and his house I was inspired and went kinda hog wild collecting, I do have a huge pile of valve covers to display but they need to be blasted and painted first. My actual workspace has more pegboards and tools on the wall than anything though.

garage.jpg

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've probably bought more signs and crap in the last two years than I bought in the 50 before that. Other than that I have saved things for years for shop wall decorations including several now obsolete shop tools that I used daily when I started working on cars 56 years ago.. I've picked up things over the years that the only use they have now is shop wall decor. That and maybe stump the younger Hambers.
    Truthfully some of my old parts may get hung on the walls of the new shop just to store them and get them up out of the way rather than actually put them on display. I'm not going to go out and buy parts just to hang them on the walls though.

scotty t likes this.
  26. I always considered decorating a woman's kind of thing. I have stuff hanging up everywhere but I never thought about making it look like decorations, its just stuff put up out of my way. So no. I have never gotten carried away "decorating" my working area.

But then, I don't do Christmas trees either, so...

27. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Other than a few stickers on my toolboxes and the old fridge I store welding stuff in, no decorations here,either.

scotty t likes this.