Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1965 1968 Race Hemi bellhousing value?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Oct 26, 2018.

1. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I recently picked up a 64/65 23 spline standard duty A833 trans and cast “steel” bellhousing...I was going to use them in my 48 Plymouth coupe, but after some help on here and on a mopar forum, I’ve figuout I have a rare Race only

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bellhousing has the 65/68 clutch pivot machining, so it’s either from a 65 Hemi car or a LO23/BO29 Hurst modified Dart/Cuda race Hemi.

You can see in the pics that someone clearanced the one side of the inspection cover and a little of the bellhousing. I’m guessing for header clearance...I’ve tried getting a hold of MOPARS by Mosher, but can’t get a response...any help would be awesome

I’m looking to sell it and there were very few cast, so finduout what it’s worth has been a PIA.

2. Sorry I cant help with info, but maybe bumping your thread for the afternoon crowd will do some good.

II FUNNY likes this.
  3. Bump for you

II FUNNY likes this.
  4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Online auction.
    Set a reserve that in your mind is ‘stupid money ‘.
    If it sells you got more than you expected.
    If it doesn’t then the highest bid gives you a figure for future negotiations.

5. Maybe specific forums that are looking.....Just a thought. I'de like to see this bring some coin, for what ever it's worth.

II FUNNY likes this.
  6. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

You might PM guffey on here, he has had several '65 Hemi cars of fame, and is restoring one now.

kidcampbell71, Deuces and II FUNNY like this.
  7. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I did yesterday.lol
    He said he doesn’t know...he bought one for $300 twenty years ago...

s55mercury66 likes this.
  8. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

I bought one about 10 years ago for $350

9. Another option is hemi eddy on Ebay. He restores some of the highest quality cars you will find any where. He is easy to find. He is from the Detroit area. When comparing prices out there yours will be higher because you have the lower cover. This alone can bring a few hundred. The crossram connection in waukesha was reproducing this part for a while. Its usually missing.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. II FUNNY

II FUNNY