Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Maybe you should lay off the lead foot. :D
    I hope for a speedy recovery and back in the seat for you. :)

2. I kill me too, sometimes! Don't know if I'll last the week out, waitresses wont even talk to me.
    Think you'll make Aiken? If my wife offers to drive for you, DON'T LET HER!

3. The ones trying to be healthy by running don't have much luck. Broken stuff, hit by cars or heart attacks!
    Tony and I seem to be in a constant fight to see who gets to run the low qualifier!
    It's all in fun.

4. You are correct the fitness crap is killing everyone! I think my problem is it takes me 2 passes to comfortable in the car so my 2 qualifying passes are like B/G passes then 1st round it runs a 5.90 but its too late by then - we already drew a 3 tenths faster car.

Here's the new video:

5. catdad49

catdad49

Sorry about your injury. I gave up running in high school, but I have found that walking at a brisk pace for 20-30 mins. a day is just as beneficial (and easier on the joints). Put on your music or plan for your next Q 'n D mod and you're good to go! Get Better Soon, Carp.

6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

If you see me running please help me. I have run out of gas and bullets and there is a lot of trouble in my immediate future:)

7. Tony, have you ever considered putting somebody else in the seat while your foot's on the fritz?
    Asking for a friend....:D

8. Yeah they say walking is the same as running - just don't have the patience for it LOL

Tom - you know the points go with the driver and not the car - so I can only assume you want to make a pass in the Dirty ;) anytime! You should come to the finals and hit me up Friday night. Hey are you still planning to race DOM at Commerce tomorrow?

chryslerfan55, catdad49 and loudbang like this.
  9. It's ON...Gear Jam Drags at Commerce, GA tomorrow. If I can pass tech I'll race Dave. (probably get my hat handed to me, he's got a bit more engine than me.) At any rate, it's supposed to be a nice day to take a drive in the roadster. My wife thinks I'm crazy.

10. catdad49

catdad49

One guy asked me why I didn't run. My answer to that was if you seeing me running someone's chasing me! Tony, my wife always wanted me to walk with her, but at the time (about 25yrs.ago) I thought it was boring so if I went with her I ran. These days running is not an option except under duress ( see above response). That's why I walk, put the ear buds in or sometimes just go for walk and think on things. It's not all that bad after you make up your mind to do it. Anyway, hope you heal enough for the next race, Carp.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    chryslerfan55, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  11. 6sally6

6sally6

Riding a bicycle is the best of both worlds! Faster than walk'in......safer than runn'in (doesn't kill your joints)....works the heart just as much. Ear buds make it even MORE fun
    Jus say'in
    6sally6

12. We’re doing this! See ya at the track!
    61957421-91C0-4A23-BCD6-8C8B6BAC5F01.jpeg

13. catdad49

catdad49

Good Luck, "Big Foot"!

Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  14. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Impressive ! Sorry I won't be there to witness

Dog_Patch, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  15. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Go get um bro-beans!!!!! A lil extra weight on that right foot won't hurt!!

16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well, all I can say is hope it all turns out OK.

Dog_Patch and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. Worked out ok DOM . Hurt like hell but ran the same times. I’m gonna post this for you cause I know you don’t do FB . Barry is ok. Sad to see the car get messed up.

060D1A51-551D-49C0-9C62-0E7A7180494B.jpeg AF6C4E09-5A4E-48DE-838A-9AC837105133.jpeg

Attached Files:

18. Saw Nigel from Australia!

86496889-D901-4A0E-9D96-0C6D982C8A1F.jpeg

enloe, loudbang, saltflats and 2 others like this.
  19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well, glad you made out OK, and hope that the foot heals up soon. Amazing that you could run the same times.
    Glad Barry is OK, but That car was a class act and I'm sorry to see it so messed up. That head on shot shows that the front clip is pretty much history, but couldn't tell much about the rest of the car. Do you think it can be repaired or is it toast?
    Yeah, you're right about me and facebook, we just don't GEE-HAW! So thanks for posting that here.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  20. Weird seems like you can't paste a Youtube link in here anymore. Or at least I can't see it.

loudbang likes this.
  21. pigfluxer

pigfluxer

I can see them fine Tony.

loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  22. Wow the overwatch her at work has blocked YouTube jeez get back to work!

loudbang likes this.
  23. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Damn, Barry had his hands full. Glad he is OK

loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  24. loudbang

loudbang

The crash one worked fine for me.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  25. farmer12

farmer12

Too bad about your foot, get well soon. And stop that running crap. LOL.

Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  26. Yeah done with the running lol

Here you can see Donovan getting in the grass. See the issue is we use the whole track to the guardrail. It’s no problem at most tracks but this grass is too wide.

402BOSSMAN and loudbang like this.
  27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, that grass between the track surface and the wall can cause a wall "slap" to become a head on crash.

28. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave