Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Oilguy

Oilguy

31hotrodguy and loudbang like this.
  2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

^^^^How would you know it is't?^^^^ John Wayne's true first name was Marion, same kind of deal. Naming kids after distant relatives to "honor" them surely does't do the kid any honor as they go through life. Life's tough enough as is, without having to put up with, being made fun of, having to fight your way along your path in life because of a "really odd name". I used to have my patients in the hospital ask me what my "real" name was, because it could't be "Butch". So, I'd tell them Thadeus Leon Horowitz, Oliver Melvin Fleagenhiemer, Alphonso Alowishus Kloosh, Lyle Shelby DuPree, Throckmorton P. Glidersleeve, Antaeus Gaea Barber, LaVonne Donelle Tinkous, Shirley Shamus Schosterton, and after I'd told them each one of those names, they'd say, "no it's not!". Then, after I'd gone through all the names, I'd tell them one of THOSE actually IS my name. Tim P., AKA Junior Stock, keep it quiet please! At least it's not Two Dogs F'n, from the old Native American Indian joke. Now, back to all things Junior Stock!!! Boy, Henry Dana sure was/is a short fella; even more so than George Cureton, not that it makes ANY difference; they were GIANTS in Junior Stock racing. I AM BUTCH/56sedandelivery.

loudbang and chevy57dude like this.
  3. Butch, I needed that after reading the dear Abby nonsense this morning. Funny stuff.

loudbang likes this.
  4. YES, I am a short fella, THANKS for the kind words, BUTCH

krusty40 and loudbang like this.
  5. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

DANG!!! My wife thinks I have lost my mind! She has really NO idea of who "MY" personal hero's are I guess, and honestly, does't even care. To have someone from "THE" distant past actually respond to anything I've said/wrote/did, has made my day; more like my year! Drag racing, has always been something to me that I can RELATE too. Fuel Dragsters/Funny Cars up for "show", I just can't relate too, I'm in the pits to look at the cars that had just run and really mattered to me, and that I CAN relate too. My paper route money (mid 60's or so) first went to my Hot Rod and Car Craft Magazine subscriptions, but there was never enough of what I was really interested in, or wanted to see more of, than the Stock and Super Stock Classes; anything Modified Eliminator on down really. And, I've ALWAYS been a BIG Station Wagon/Sedan Delivery fan/owner (I have NO idea why, it just is!). And NOTHING, other than a 1956 Chevrolet, really mattered to me more; bought a new car, STILL had a 56 Chevrolet, sold the new car, STILL had a 56 Chevrolet. And to this day, I STILL have a 56 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery (number TEN 56 Chevrolet), and it'll be MINE until it becomes part of my "ESTATE". Thanks to you Henry, and John Dianna (RIP), and George Cureton, and many more Junior Stock racers, who were ALL my HERO's from the late 60's/early 70's; loved them 56 Sedan Deliveries, but especially, anything Junior Stock. This is always the first thread I look for when logging on to JJ/the HAMB. I am Butch/56sedandelivery,.

6. vetteguy402

vetteguy402
    from omaha, ne

I'm a relatively young guy (I'm 40), and I don't relate with the stuff that was around when I was younger. It just seems like the stuff from before me is more so. Probably because I grew up with my dad's hot rodding side of the family. The original racers are bigger heroes to me, because they didn't have anything to go from. They had to use their own money, and a lot of ingenuity. There is all kinds of history showing how it was in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, but not enough about when it all started. Not enough for me anyway. This thread gets me going. Thanks to all of you who submit to this. I look forward to every post.

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. loudbang

loudbang

AMEN Brother. LOL my childhood and younger years were just like you describe. EXCEPT the Chevy part LOL :)

8. Terry Bell

Terry Bell

You "NAILED" it !

Tom 57 150 likes this.
  9. loudbang

loudbang

Plum Loco Kincaid & Hartman

plum loco  kincad & hartman.JPG

Shaker

shaker.JPG

10. loudbang

loudbang

For Butch

Note tailgate lettering

Occasional husband II Henry Dana lettering.JPG
    Occasional husband II Henry Dana 1.JPG

Occasional husband II Henry Dana 2.JPG

Occasional husband II Henry Dana 3 xxx.JPG

Occasional husband II Henry Dana.JPG

11. I am looking for a 55 wagon to build, must be fairly complete and decent shape, reasonally priced. NO basket cases Thanks in advance

Tom 57 150, 31hotrodguy and loudbang like this.
  12. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

How far you looking to travel for one? I have a good friend (known him since 6th grade, Mr. Warren's class, at Beverly Park Elementary School, in 1962!) that deals in 55-57 Chevrolet cars AND parts. 2 or 4 door Wagon? He has one of my old 56 Deliveries, and a 56, 150 Handyman he's never going to finish; he also has a 55 Bel Air, 2 door Sedan, that's a really high dollar car that he'd never sell. I can give you his info if you want. I used to have a grille like the one in your 56 Sedan Delivery; gave it to Larry (^^^) and he sold it. "Sedan Deliverism"; if that's a medical condition, I surely have it. Seems to me that Delivery was green, green headlights, and a faux vinyl top?
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

13. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

14. Lyn Smith

Lyn Smith

Dick Kincaid may still have that car.Im pretty sure he has a tri-five that he bracket races.

loudbang likes this.
  15. misigis

misigis
    from NY

Lyn, congratulations on your runner up with the Buick.
    So close.

Tom 57 150, loudbang and Chuck Norton like this.
  16. Lyn Smith

Lyn Smith

Thanks.It was a close race.My trans was acting up the last 6 rounds.Would not go into first unless you went through all the gears then back to first. I was waiting for it to let go every time I pulled into the water box.Didnt mind losing to the kid.He was driving well.It was his first win,and it was his Birthday.Something he will remember for ever.

17. Jimmy Parker

Jimmy Parker

Sometime back I saw a picture of Dick Kincaid's bracket car and I'm pretty sure it was a four door belair sedan.

loudbang likes this.
  18. vetteguy402

vetteguy402
    from omaha, ne

A true sportsman, and a gentleman.

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Tom 57 150 and loudbang like this.
  19. loudbang

loudbang

20. loudbang

loudbang

McMaster & Nelson 4 door Grin and bear it ???

McMaster & nelson 4 door.JPG

Mid-Nite Oil

mid nite oil stock.JPG

21. JollyGreenGiant

JollyGreenGiant

Grin & Bear It 1968. Gunning vs Nate Cohen  1968.jpg

1947knuck, enloe, Tom 57 150 and 9 others like this.
  22. JollyGreenGiant

JollyGreenGiant

23. JollyGreenGiant

JollyGreenGiant

24. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

This one is not an “old car” but the driver is and had a few jr stockers in the late 60’s. 270hp, 57 block, Stahl headers, 4spd an a “stock” rear end. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. Terry Bell

Terry Bell

Love it ! Wished we had the old Jr. stockers and old guys racing every weekend here in Fla.

26. thehazguy

thehazguy

If you want to go for a ride in my 57 Chevy tribute jr stock type car click the link. from Island Dragway Fall Nostalgic meet. Winter's coming enjoy. Ignore the OT car during the burnout in the water box.

57 jr stock tribute 13.60 et pass

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  27. loudbang

loudbang

Love it hit a nice light and smoked that late model. :)

1947knuck, enloe, Tom 57 150 and 3 others like this.
  28. loudbang

loudbang

McMaster & Gunning again :)

McMaster & gunning.JPG \

Night Runner

night runner.JPG

1947knuck, enloe, Tom 57 150 and 6 others like this.
  29. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Now that just makes my morning! Thank you for posting. Is there any pictures of the car on this post?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  30. thehazguy

thehazguy

57 ID hamb.jpg