Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features So what's on the shop radio?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostone, Oct 21, 2018.

1. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

It's Saturday afternoon and your headed for the shop to get some serious work done on your pet project so what do you listen too?

I'm 54 so the 80`s is mostly my thing but I like all kinds of music, 30`s up blues, 50`s to 90,`s rock and country.

in the shop? 80`s rock and new wave and good 50`s early 60`s rock, last week buddy holly, this weekend bo diddly, gotta luv bo ;)

So what's your "let's get serious" music ?

dana barlow and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Still like that old time rock 'n' roll
    That kind of music just soothes the soul
    I reminisce about the days of old
    With that old time rock 'n' roll

3. 2935ford

2935ford

No radio.......60's R&R on CD's

4. backwoods96

backwoods96
    from Mead, Wa.

I am 75 & blues or early rock ------------

5. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Like the cars, no radio.

6. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

I usually have my radio on the news talk station. All the music stations around here play the same 10 songs over and over all day.

7. I must be the odd duck here...I live in a really loud area...lots of traffic noise all the time...so when I am out in my garage...I close the door and listen to nothing...dead silence...I need my peace when I tinker...

MikeC

tractorguy, leon bee, czuch and 5 others like this.
  8. F&J

F&J

I live in a valley, I only get one decent station...at first I didn't care for it, as it is Alternative Music...Punk, Grunge, 90s a bit of 80s and newer alternative too. but...I got hooked.

Still would like to get oldies 50s, or even late 60s....or OLD classic country...but I sure do like punk/grunge like Social Distortion, Rancid, Dandy Warhols, ...anything that really bangs hard...like Shirley Manson from Garbage "I think I'm paranoid". (she's HOT in that one) LOL

...and I'm 66.. sheesh..

I had a bunch of seniors from all over the USA visited here right before Hershey... The owner of "The Filling Station" Chevy repro parts place in Oregon wrote a webpage on people/places they went to, including mine. His take on me>>>QUOTE : " a somewhat eccentric car collector that had some really rare cars in his sheds". I kinda like that description... LMAO..

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Obviously, you don't listen to KGON 92.3 Classic Rock.

Bandit Billy and 270ci like this.
  10. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

I get carried away a bit. I have a laptop in the shop with a second monitor attached. I use the larger screen for youtube videos and order parts and take a break and cruise the forums.

I either stream a local am radio station which just plays old country from 60's and up, or I have over 300 gigs of music on the hard drive, I can play for 2 weeks solid, 24/7 without hearing the same song twice, mostly older rock and roll and country, pretty large collection of just 50's rock and roll.
    And with the powered speakers hooked up, I can treat the neighbors also :D

chryslerfan55 and 50 customcoupe like this.
  11. squirrel

squirrel

I quit listening to the radio years ago. I have a couple thousand songs on the mp3 player, it cycles through them....

only good music, of course. ymmv

12. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

I miss Mark and Brain on KGON in the mornings. Haven't really listened much since they retired. We don't have 50's and 60's oldies station in the Portland Metro. I miss KISN!!!

Ranchero59 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. When I built my new shop I wire speakers in all 4 corners and bought a nice tuner & the tunes flowed great with the theater mode switched on.

I guess lightning got the tuner about 4 years ago so the only sounds are the compressor cycling on and off,air tools and the occasional mumbling to myself.

I guess I do need to buy a new tuner. HRP

14. chargin03

chargin03

50's and 60's

50 customcoupe likes this.
  15. I pick up a public radio station (KTBG 90.9) that is dedicated solely to alternative rock and features many local/regional artists when at all possible. No commercials, all music and no rap (which is one hard consonant short of self descriptive). Seldom do I hear the same song twice the same day. Play list is wide-ranging and long, and new stuff played regularly.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  16. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I like the music you guys like but have always liked live albums of my favorite artist that start with the BEACHBOYS...……….

17. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like the old (30's, '40's & '50's country music, so I have an Amazon Alexa unit out in my shop, hooked up to the house wi-fi. I just tell Alexa to play KWPX radio from Banta, California and listen to all the old stuff nobody else wants to hear......

18. Have a CD changer, Hendricks, Santana, Led Zeppelin, Clapton, BB King, Allman Brothers, Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane

19. I can’t stand radio any more, somehow music comes from my phone and is magically transmitted to this thing on my wall....

Pandora thru my IPhone to a sound bar. Blues, rock, old & alt country, SOOOOO much better than radio!
    The thin black thing works like dream

image.jpg

20. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nothing but oldies!!

50 customcoupe and Hnstray like this.
  21. oldsman41

oldsman41

Sirius radio 50s on 5 and 60s stuff

22. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Love my country music!

50 customcoupe likes this.
  23. I listen to BBC Radio 4 Extra. It’s a mix of classic & current comedy, drama, documentary and history. I can download it and create my own schedule.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Ipod with everything from blugrass to metal. Always on shuffle so it can go from a Sinatra song to an AC/DC song in a matter of minutes.

25. So what's on the shop radio?

Since it doesn't work I have a bunch of catalogs stacked up on top of it! :D HRP

26. trollst

trollst

Sirius radio, today, 60's on 6, other days 70'-80's rock, depends on the weather.

27. KUSC (L.A. area Classical Music NPR* Station) or ...
    ... CD carousel containing couple of hundred discs, everything from Lv.B and (ALL) R. Wagner Operas** (<< both whom with alikes of them I consider original great grandfathers of good ol' Heavy Metal)...
    ...to Miles D., J. Hendrix, Stooges, Sex Pistols, etc...
    Obviously like anything else in my life, while fairly focused, not necessarily very narrow minded interests.

*Absolutely cannot stand "commercial" stations (One of the reason why I also threw my TV away 30 years ago. I'd rather go through life without added brain damage.

** "The Ring" or the first two installments of it often gets repeated back-to-back, sometimes more than once. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  28. Listening to 92.9 Boston's Alternative Rock Radio. I'm biased towards that station and FOX Radio and FOX TV partially because I hear my son all day and all night as he is the voice of those stations. Also I like the music on 92.9 and enjoy the conservative viewpoint of FOX.

29. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Pandora, Sirius XM, 50’s, 60’s, my favorite Pandora stations are Danny Galton guitar, Delbert McClinton, and Chuck Berry but I have many other stations. I am in the shop daily and if I am then either the Sirius radio is on or the laptop is playing Pandora.