Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods is there a simple part you can't find?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 13, 2018.

1. 6inarow

6inarow

Feet for my Singer 78-3 sewing machine

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

What I couldn't get NOS or was available repo for my 46 Olds I had reproduced; hood insert, running board mats, sill plates, window winder buttons. I even had a Canadian body tag reproduced for a friend's 32 3W as they're not repopped.

HOTRODPRIMER and Sporty45 like this.
  3. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg
    No one seems to have leaf spring bushings for a 60 Ford Station . The big front ones, not the ones back at the shackles . Could not find them anywhere... Last night a friend turned a pair for me from Polyurethane. They fit perfectly.

HOTRODPRIMER and chevy57dude like this.
  4. Parts for ‘49 - ‘51 Ford Club Coupe rear windows. The pivots and the “stick” or whatever it’s called, for the latch. I called the best people in the business, and got a big fat nope. For the pivots I got some for a ‘60s Ford truck wing window, cut them, increased the angle and welded them. They work fine.

For the “stick,” it’s a long story, but I got it done.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. Yeah,the part where I get motivated to finish my project.
    I seem to of found a large box of overwhelmed.

6. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Try EBay: Vintage brass imperial windshield oiler- $12.95 each

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Deuces

Deuces

Got a picture of one?????.....

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Sporty45

Sporty45

Do you have a supplier for hood to cowl seals? I can't find anyone that has them for my 47 Olds coupe. I know the basic body is the same on the late 40's GM products, but they all seem to use a different cowl seal!

BTW, I just got my door sills from Don Kuehn. Outstanding workmanship! Thank you for telling me about him ;)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. Take a look on eBay at link below...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8-Bsp-Y-...h=item1a2fb232a2:g:Ey0AAOxyPRtTPpU5:rk:1:pf:0

milwscruffy and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  10. khead47

khead47

I looked for over a year for a 1953 Ford grill bar. Never did locate one.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. XXL__

XXL__

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. jebbesen

jebbesen
    from Winona, MN

37 Packard shift lid

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

My friend, who does resin models for a hobby, offered to make a set of Kaiser, or Fraser tail light lenses for Donn Lowe's custom Chevy. He brought a beat up, cracked lense, missing a chunk out of it, to my shop, that Donn had found. He made a mold of it, and we cast a lense in fiberglass resin. I fixed the cracks with glaze, and built up and shaped the missing piece, and he made a new mold of the repaired lense. Then cast a few new lenses for Donn.
    You can get the casting materials from Smooth-On in PA. They are very helpful, and have everything you need!

Hnstray, scotts52 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  14. topher5150

topher5150

Perch bolts for my 47 Ford. There's a fellow HAMBer that sells them for a good price. I just thought they would be a lot easier to get a hold of and cheaper

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

Got an old part number?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. '51Plymouth

'51Plymouth
    from York, PA

Hood lip for a 63 Fairlane that doesn't require me to sell a kidney or a child to afford.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. fuzzface

fuzzface

Some days it seems the hardest part to find is the one you dropped and you could have sworn it is right under the car someplace. :) Of course it has to be that special screw or spring you just spent 3 years looking for before you found one.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Danny, I have a spare switch just like that for my ‘40 Ford, give me a couple of day to see where I put it so I wouldn’t lose it and I will send it to you. I think I got before from Joe’s Antique Ford Parts.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No bumper irons for a 40 std coupe--have searched everywhere--no luck yet. HRP-I found a switch at ACE that looks right and works well-used in a couple of 40 coupes.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. raff23089

raff23089

A very similar switch on the door post of my 50 Plymouth. Common in lots of Mopars I think.
    [​IMG]

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

Thanks but that’s the emblem for the door, I need the tailgate ford emblem.
    It looks like the hood or trunk badge except it is different because of the wood trim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. Is it different than the tailgate Ford on my '54 Wagon? HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deuces likes this.
  24. gatz

gatz

XXL__ and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

That magical myth that fit's between the index finger and thumb. "Turn Key"

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. XXL__

XXL__

Yes, I did. Thanks. It appears to be a maufacturer, and they are located in China, so I still have to find somewhere to buy them. I emailed them last night asking for US representative info and/or if they could send me an "evaluation sample." I'd be happy to do a long-term evaluation of the product.

Also, FYI for all... if you want to "at" someone, do it like this --> @gatz <-- and the board will create a notification for the person... but don't put a space after the '@' sign.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. Stan, since I bought the '50 coupe I too have been looking for a automatic column and I was told about a guy that had several cars that may have what I was looking for.

I loaded up the tools I thought I might need and arrived at the mans house about a half hour later, he had me follow him to his dads farm and behind the barn was three '53 Fords, I thought I had found what I was looking for, the first car was missing the column and the other 2 were straight drive.

I'm not in an rush to find one but I'll you in my mind & keep my eyes open for 2 automatic columns. HRP

28. DANNY,,,,,, I have the same switch that Charlie posted a pic of, came out of a 38 I let go years ago. PM me you address and I will mail you the switch and bezel "GRATIS" as I don't need them, I'm very pretty sure the switch is good and the bezel is real nice. Mitch

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. Gman0046

Gman0046

Early to mid sixties Chevy Belair and Biscayne 2 door post cars have had their side trim beat on in parking lots for almost sixty years. Nobody repops them and finding some pieces in decent shape is impossible and the prices to restore dented trim is exhorbitant.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.