Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage TURKEY RUN 2018 HAMB PARKING

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gregg Pellicer, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

It's time again for Turkey run . As usual I have reserved our fenced in reserve parking spot's for the Turkey Run.This will be the 12th year in a row. To those of you who have been before it's the same denal as last year. To newcomers this area gives you a reserved parking area for all four days. You will not be parked with any off topic cars and in fact I can promise you we will have some stunning cars parked with us. The reserve spots are $10:00 per car this does not include admission to the show just your reserved spot. If youve never been to this show it fills up fast. If your not there when the gates open you could easily end up in the boondocks parked next to god knows what. We will also have a private "porta potty" so you dont have to take a hike when nature call's and we keep it clean the girls really appreciate it believe me.
    If your coming just mail me a check fo $10.00 per car. I will be sending out the passes around the first week of November.
    My address is Gregg Pellicer
    2920 Carriage dr.
    South Daytona Fl,32119

Any of you that have come before post up and let the newcomers know how good this is. A word of warning these spots will sell out and fast. We have about 55 spots and there are already over 20 of them spoken for. Dont wait till last minute and miss out. If you have any questions you can ask them here and answer might help someone else. If you prefer just message me. One more thing , I am eating the cost for portalet so if you want to kick a donation in towards that it will be appreciated as I am now retired and on fixed income its a little harder to eat the cost. I have not raised the cost of pass es since I started this deal even though the cost of the sots has gone up twice.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

COOL!!!!!!! you started a new thread for a new year rather than digging up the old thread from years past and confusing folks.
    I can't make it being on the far end of the known world though.

clem likes this.
  3. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

I always start a new thread. Last year someone found one of my old ones and posted on it and brought it back up. Being the scatterbrain that I am I didnt notice at first and responded. Thats why I made sure to put the year in the title this year.
    Gregg

clem likes this.
  4. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

Greg, will be sending you the money for a spot, thanks for doing this again. IT is GREAT to have a spot to park in all the hustle bustle that goes on in the AM.

5. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Glad you're coming Chuck. Look forward to seeing you again.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am coming down so I need a spot.

7. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Theres always a spot for you Jeff

8. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

Gregg, you should also be hearing from Dave Weiland out of Cookeville TN. I gave him your address yesterday. He is a HAMB member.

9. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

10. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Money will be sent this weekend.

11. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Okie Dokie. Just remining that passes wont be sent till first week of November.
    Gregg

12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Got to do it now or I might forget and the first of the month is not that far away.

13. Greg looking forward to seeing you again, and thanks for all the work you do on the HAMB parking.

14. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Your welcome . Are you going to be parking with us?

15. No, Fast trip driving the Daily , Looks as if Andy is not coming with me.

16. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Hey guy's just an update. Right now I have 30 of the 50 spots spoken for. If your thinking about coming act fast. This area will definatly be sold out , dont get left out. Those of you that sent check should start getting your passes next week. Im supposed to get them tommorow should be getting them mailed by Monday.
    Gregg

17. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Just want to let the people who have already sent checks. That I got passes today and they are going out in the morning mail. The rest of you need to act soon before there all gone.
    Gregg

18. eticket

eticket

Gregg, Not to hi-jack the post, but, I am curious what you have heard about Bel-Aire Plaza, and parking there. I have heard that they don't even want any cruisers parking there this weekend for the Daytona Dream cruise.

19. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Dont know about this weekend. The Turkey Run sopposed to be completly shut down. I saw the letter that the owners/mgt of Belaire sent out. It seems there pretty damn serious this year. There are contengency plans though. The Sunshine mall on US1 wants the cars. Ive heard the plan to have food trucks & toilets set up. We will see. Also the night time activitys at the speedway have moved across the street to 1Daytona. This is an awsome venue. One more thing about the Sunshine Mall deal is there is way more parking than Belaire had. There is also a resteraunt about a mile nort of Belaire that wants to get a piece of the action. I just dont think he has anywhere near the needed room. Its hard to say if the crowds will embrace any of these venues or just try and find one on there own. personally I'm hopeing things move to the Sunshine mall. It would be nice to go whe're were welcome instead of where were tolerated. At the end of the day it just depends on what Belaire does. This isnt the first time Ive heard there shutting it down. But it is the first time Ive actually read a letter from Belaire mgt stateing that there shutting it down.

20. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

UPDATE!!!!!!!! Just a heads up as of today 40 of the 50 spots are gone. If you want in on this don't wait. You will be left out.
    Gregg

21. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

Greg, had a change of plans, will not be able to attend this year, put my money toward the cost of the facilities. Hope to make it next year.

22. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Thanks chuck. You should get the passes in a day or so anyhow. They went out monday or tuesday. Just trow them away.

23. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

? Well an update on the Belair Plaza situation. There is a fairly large show this weekend (Daytona Dream Cruise) that usually pack the Plaza . Tonight the Plaza was blocked from traffic with road block barricades. So it does appear that the activities at Belair are a thing of the past now.

24. vavetteguy

vavetteguy

Jeff-
    Thanks for sending the pass. Where do I find the HAMB group in the Speedway? Mike

25. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Here's a map IMG_20181102_160152451.jpeg

Sent from my Moto E (4) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. ford40

ford40
    from pa

is there any spots left?
    Is it to late to seen the money ?