Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Recommendations for a painter in n. Virginia or S.Marylan ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dino 64, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Looking a painter in my general area.
    Not a show car, just a good job in a timely manner. Don’t know if one exists !!
    Thanks in advance

2. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Sorry, S. Maryland typo.

3. Back up for Dino. Wish I could help with a recommendation, but seems all of the painters that I'm aware of are either backed up or difficult to deal with or are getting real picky about the work they do and who they do it for.:(

4. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Thanks for the bump, Don. My experience as well, just thought I’d give it a shot. My F-1 was in paint jail for months and they messed it up so bad I had to get someone else to do it over.
    Might try doing myself this time around

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. I know there are naysayers, but I had my O-T '96 T-Bird painted at a local MAACO 3 years ago and it's holding up pretty well for living outside. It was a pretty sound body already, but the paint was shot. They basically scuffed it all over, filled a couple of minor dings and shot it with acrylic enamel for $1100. Is it a show car paint job, far from it. Some MAACO paint jobs are better than others, but then some $10,000 paint jobs are better than others! I'll try to PM you a couple of pictures.

Dino 64 likes this.
  6. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

That’s exactly what I did with the F-1 !
    I heard the Macco in Winchester is good, the one in town was not great, maybe I’ll check it out.
    Thanks

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. PM on the way.

Dino 64 likes this.
  8. A Maaco is is only as good as it's preppers and painter. All are different.

Dino 64 likes this.
  9. ....................So very true. It pays to ask around.

Dino 64 likes this.
  10. Gman0046

Gman0046

I knew of a body shop with a great painter. I recommended the shop to my next door neighbor who wanted his car painted. By the time he got his car into the shop the great painter no longer worked there. Needless to say he got the worst paint job I've ever seen. It looked as if they painted it with a broom. I really felt bad about it but learned my lesson about making recommendations.
    Could have made the same mistake again recently. A friend had his Nova and his Dads 55 chevy painted in the range of around 10K each. Both cars looked pretty good initially. I even thought about using the painter to do some work for me. Thank God I didn't. The Nova and the 55 now have rust popping through everywhere like mushrooms. Its hard to even look at them.

Gary

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    da34guy and Dino 64 like this.
  11. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Thanks Gary, as you know I’m on the fence about what to do. Paint jail or do it myself

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Just Gary and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Robert McCartney in Leonardtown MD. His HAMB handle is @MP&C .

Dino 64 likes this.
  13. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Thanks, appreciate it !

D-Russ likes this.
  14. Try Royal Autoworks in Front Royal

Dino 64 likes this.
  15. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

OK, thanks, did they paint your coupe ?