Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HERSHEY 2018 ------ THREE WEEKS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Sep 18, 2018.

1. 5window

5window

I can walk all the aisles in a day, but that doesn't leave much time for socializing or a super thorough perusal of what's offered. Sometimes all I have is the one day available. And, maybe, the Saturday for the show cars.

lowroller1 likes this.
  2. fordcpe

fordcpe

Well I am going for my second time this year. First time was with my Dad and Uncle Gary around 1973 think I was 12 years old. This year Dad is gone but me and Uncle Gary are going back i'm 57 and Uncle Gary is 70 plus.

3. 5window

5window

Well, there will (probably) be less mud and the prices will be higher. Good for you. Oh, and since you were last there, 20 more years of cars have become antiques! Let's hear it for that fine 1973 Chevrolet Vega!! Actually a rarity, since most of them rusted apart before they left the dealer's lot.

4. Jdee

Jdee

We won't be going this year. I guess we lost our spaces, not sure how.
    But I set up some promotion codes in our online store since there will be no Hershey specials this year.
    Hope you all have a great show. Jdee
    10% off all items code = HAMB
    35% off all woodgraining plates code = HERSHEY
    Woodgraining Store link

5. noboD

noboD

Was thinking of you the other day, Jdee. Hope your health is good. How many spaces do you need? Doug

Jdee likes this.
  6. Flop

Flop

7. Jdee

Jdee

Hi Doug, We are ok but Ed passed away early this year.
    We called about our spaces and found they were taken,
    so we have not prepared for the show to come this year.
    Thanks for the offer to help find some spaces though.
    Have a great show hope the weather is nice. It was 108 degrees
    out in my shop last week plus high humidity:(
    Jdee

8. IronTrap

IronTrap

IMG_1205.jpg IMG_0354.jpg CA-25 will get you into the neighborhood of my band of misfits I'm vending with. Just started separating and pulling stuff aside for Hershey. Also dragging this rare 36 Chrysler I dug out a month ago. I'll probably drop that in a spare space in Orange field a friend has. I'll be there Tuesday-End of Day Friday.

Hank37, Vanness, 34 GAZ and 3 others like this.
  9. It's October!:eek:

lothiandon1940 and Dino 64 like this.
  10. noboD

noboD

And the sun was out today and you could actually see it. Travel safely everyone.

lothiandon1940 and The37Kid like this.
  11. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

DO IT,you wont be disappointed!!!!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Tip #1--- All the light poles are numbered, make a note were things are if you pass on something and want to go back for it.

Tip#2 … BUY IT when you see it, chances are someone else will buy it before you get back.

Bob

13. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Especially Bob’s stuff, get it before it’s gone !
    Don’t think I’m going to make it this year, would have liked to see you Ct. guys, next year.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Yes, and YES. Two great tips!!!

ct1932ford likes this.
  15. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

My truck and trailer are so packed I will have trouble stuffing my clothes bag somewhere. Nice problem,let hope that means something positive.

lothiandon1940 and ct1932ford like this.
  16. noboD

noboD

They are predicting 80 degrees most of the week, so that means plan for cold and s___.

lothiandon1940 and The37Kid like this.
  17. Art Clark the Late Model & Super Mod driver? I met he once super nice guy.

ct1932ford and The37Kid like this.
  18. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

You bet!! Art is in his 80s now. Oh the racing stories this guy has.There is a twinkle in his eye when he talks.He was racing.It makes up his blood. That B Bomb is restored and sitting under lock and key. Art is one of the nicest,and honest guys you will ever meet. Humble too.Even with the 100s of races he has won,he doesnt think of himself as any kind of big shot. Racing was what he just did he would say. Sometimes several times a week. Ive been in the shop and his trophy place. UNbelievable. He will tell you he never wanted any sponsors and be in debt to anyone. Wanted to do it his way and proved over and over he knew his shit. People would say to him...That will never work. He had the same response always..We will see. And then went out and won. Its an honor to know him. Thanks for sending the video. I will send it to his life long buddy Charlie Schwenler,the carb guy,he will be thrilled. Thanks Fedco

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

20. noboD

noboD

Bob, there is local gossip of some of this going south of Chocolate World, where the old swimming pool was and headed toward the back of the Giant center. That road was just been rerouted. I have not seen any maps that actually show where this will go. As you say it COULD be going between the stadium and the old skating rink, which is where the hotrod flea market is now. If so, how many moves have they endured, the old chocolate field, the yellow field then the back of the red field.

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

By rights the Race Car Guys swap meet spots should be INSIDE the stadium, it was built in the 1930's for car racing.:cool: Bob

22. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Gonna ride on the front seat protecting my pillows for the ride down in the morning!! Made in B neon and fire 010.JPG uffalo

F&J and tb33anda3rd like this.
  23. The37Kid

The37Kid

DSCF1709.JPG So we're pulling stuff out of the garage and packing the enclosed trailer, Bobby really wants to see the '39 pickup become something, and this rocking horse fell out of some leftover building supplies. He asked if it was going to Hershey, I said I didn't think so, it isn't car related. This is a direct quote from a 6 year old …….. "Put twenty on it, and see what happens." This is going to be one of the best Hershey Swap Meets ever!

Bob

Hamtown Al, ct1932ford, gonzo and 2 others like this.
  24. I bet the kid can sell it for $20

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

The37Kid likes this.
  25. Vanness

Vanness

Might be me :)

The37Kid likes this.
  26. When it rained back in the 70's I was walking up one of the hills all of a sudden I started sliding down and a 50's Buick went sliding past me right into a long stand with many small items which went flying in all directions . My shoes and pants were loaded with mud had to drive home without shoes . So much for the good all days !

27. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I held off on going to Hershey for years because every year my buddies would come home from there bitching about the mud and rain. I didn't want to waste a week of vacation to go and be pissed off because of the weather. When I heard they changed the swap meet to the present location and I retired in 2013 I wanted to try it and was hooked. I only had rain one year, I just checked the weather forecast for the 10th and 11th for the Harrisburg area, does not look too good, hope the forecast is wrong!!

Hank37 likes this.
  28. gonzo

gonzo

That kid'll definitely get twenty bucks out of that rocking horse. Hope everyone posts a lot of pictures.

29. Weather forecast changes every day. Hoping that front turns further south....

30. Just so I know..........is Wednesday the opening day? Looks like rain for sure on Thursday, the day that I planned to go. Imagine rain causing a problem with an event this year!!!:eek::(