Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. exterminator

exterminator

It has been a while- he wants to surprise us at LARS, maybe ?

2. Why spent time on this fellow Dutchman. He didn't respond for almost 1,5 year and ignores everybody who responded since Februari 2016 and probably don't remember what the HAMB means to most of us.

Sorry but had to say it, Hennie

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  3. bscc50

bscc50
    from n.e.

i know he doesn't come on here anymore but does anyone know if this ever got finished?

loudbang likes this.
  4. 31chevymike

31chevymike

This whole saga really got frustrating on how close he was to finishing his Plymouth and the years of dedication he gave us with the entire build. Years - many years. And for some reason, it all came to an abrupt end, without any reason to why Farmer decided not to update the very end of the build. It seems even more strange that his friends over in his country are not aware. Maybe we'll all see his Plymouth featured in one of our favorite mags? Time will tell...

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  5. loudbang

loudbang

Could be a divorce got in the way there was some talk about "things" not being hunky dory at home. Wouldn't be the first time one messed up a build.

31chevymike likes this.
  6. Y'know, I often wondered how this build thread survived here for as long as it has. Let's face it guys, he wasn't building either a traditional custom or hot rod, he was building a street rod. EFI, M2, 6-speed double OD trans, power disc brakes, airbags plus other 'stuff'. That's a lot of 'street rod' boxes checked for a supposedly 'traditional' build, or even a 'traditionally styled' one.

K13 and 31chevymike like this.
  7. Actually, if the finished car was parked with the hood closed it would look both custom and traditional styled looking.

loudbang and 31chevymike like this.
  8. hasty

hasty

Agreed - and lots of thoughtful and careful work on the car in a range of areas - I would be most interested to see how it ends up.

I appreciate how the proprietor of this site keeps it on the straight and narrow despite the obvious economic benefits to him of opening things up. This must be a pretty difficult task given that hot rods and customs forge a path that refuses the straight and narrow. I have enjoyed following this thread and it being given its space on the merit of the work.

Bearcat_V8, OahuEli, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  9. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Pretty sure it was one of the most followed builds on here..... Maybe not traditional in EVERY, aspect but with hood closed as said above and also , think about this:you have a guy with virtually no experience learning from his peers and his own trial and error and doing virtually everything himself and no being satisfied to settle on mediocre work until his vision is met, that part sounds like "hot rodding" to me.

Dog_Patch, OahuEli and loudbang like this.
  10. 31chevymike

31chevymike

I totally agree - from all that was mentioned about Farmer's Plymouth, IT'S STILL A HOT ROD and shows craftsmanship that anyone here on the HAMB would be proud of!

exterminator, OahuEli and loudbang like this.
  11. Everyone is missing my point; his craftsmanship is excellent, but I've seen more than a few threads with similar content go missing because of the content yet this one has survived.

12. I followed it because I was considering buying the car when it was first for sale here in the states. Granted the car needed more work than I would be able to do with any level of justice.

loudbang likes this.
  13. koolkemp

koolkemp

I hope you guys are taking into consideration that perhaps an illness could be involved? Hopefully it's just temporary burn out . He lived in Holland, perhaps Rikster knows what's up?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. I followed the build with great expectations, would love to see a completion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. met Eric 2 times, i hope he is well, a really nice guy! i did not reach him via cell phone or pm, Eric, come on, tell us you're okie!

kiwijeff, loudbang and j hansen like this.
  16. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

I missed your point, but I hear you. Erik had a great rapport with the regulars back then and traveled all over visiting people from the forum, engaging in good conversation and being a CAR guy... Im running EFI, discs, AC and bags too. I built it for me, not to look like something thats been done over and over again.. "Traditional" stuff is awesome, and has its place but I know that the builders of yesteryear would use anything they could to make their cars faster, stop better or look better to THEM. If it weren't for people trying new things, we'd still be riding on wooden wheels.

I don't know shit, but I know I like cars.. ALL cars and I can appreciate the hard work and dedication it takes to do it your way. Keep building em, keep driving em thats what its all about.

17. Been about a year since my last hope for this thread. To me it seems weird that none of his friends from The Netherlands could clue us in either on him or the car. The car is the car and so be it, would be nice to know if he's okay though.

kiwijeff and loudbang like this.
  18. j hansen

j hansen

19. Strange that there hasn't been anything for over 2 yrs........it was & is an educational and enjoyable thread, a shame no one seems to know what happened to Erik and the car..........andyd

loudbang and j hansen like this.
  20. You know i still owe Eric 15 euro. Eric is an Aussie and so am i. Sometimes Aussies go walkabout o_O.

loudbang likes this.
  21. Hotrod community in Holland (Netherlands) is small, but no clue what happened.

loudbang likes this.
  22. That's too bad, was hoping someone from there would chime in with some information.

loudbang and j hansen like this.
  23. i also didn't hear anything from him, hope he's well, you never know, what surprises life has for you.

loudbang likes this.
  24. farmer12

farmer12

Hello fellow Hambers! Yes, I'm still alive....and healthy!

My sincere apologies for not posting for such a long time....I've been very busy building a new home and helping a few friends with their car projects. My Plymouth project had to take a backseat for that reason.

But the good news is that I have found a little time in between all of my projects to work on my car. I'll start updating the build thread in the coming weeks and I'll answer all the PM's I've received during my AWOL.

I know I've let quite a few followers down by not posting for such a long time, but I hope you'll understand.....

Sorry once again and I can hope we can continue this build thread where I left off....

25. 123pugsy

123pugsy

Awesome. Looking forward to updates Eric. Glad to see you're OK.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  26. 392

Good to hear. And a Hemi is always tops with a Mopar build. Then again with any build. No apologies needed. Shit happens.

loudbang likes this.
  27. hasty

hasty

Thats good news! Look forward to the updates.

loudbang likes this.
  28. Car

Car
    from the desert

Good to have you back Eric! And no apologies needed whatsoever. Looking forward to the continuation of this awesome build.

29. He's ALIVE!..........lol...........good to hear from you again and am looking forward to updates.........regards from Oz.........andyd

kiwijeff, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  30. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Yes!!!!!!!!! So glad to have you back. Life can get in the way if people don't understand that and give you too much crap they can suck it.