Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 30 Ford coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fitnessguy, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

can't lie i have put on a couple pounds of winter weight a little early.... I heard it's supposed to be a long winter though so i wanted to get a head start!

31chevymike, Dino 64 and Stogy like this.
  2. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I know a guy who could get you a good deal on fitness equipment :cool:

3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

The fitness equipment business is interesting.
    I’m willing to put money on the fact that the vast majority of home fitness equipment sold sits unused in basements, garages and rec rooms.
    Typically it’s really good for hanging things on or stacking things around it.

If you had even a small fraction of the money wasted on the stuff you’d never have to work again :D

4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Blue One I would be one of those you are speaking of...:(...beer belly Stogy replied...;)...gotta get on those things it really will help me...

Blue One and 31chevymike like this.
  5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Beer belly :D I resemble that unfortunately :D
    And the big piece of apple pie and ice cream I just had doesn’t help :D

31chevymike and Stogy like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hotrod Mills don't work as well as the tread cousins...:p

Blue One likes this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

isn't it amazing how a piece of pie inspires so much conversation?! ha ha Still pie left over and the wife and kids have gone to the in laws for the weekend so gonna be some good shop time this weekend! Mixed with pie of course! Pouring rain here today and supposed to all weekend so good time to make the final push!

9. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Ran into this sweet 5 window today in the Princess Auto parking lot. Spent 20 minutes in the rain chatting with the owner, super nice guy. Except the decklid, all original Henry. Even has an original Pines winterfront grill with original Patina on it. Saweet coupe! And the guy has another 5 window body and 2 3 windows!! What a jerk! He’ll be a Duece Days next year with this car.
    IMG_6714.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

The final push? what, to finish the pie?

31chevymike and Blue One like this.
  11. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

with this weather? push to get outta bed, make breakfast, brush my teeth among many other things... :D

31chevymike and Blue One like this.
  12. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

New tank arrived today. Got it put in along with the new heater. The vintage heater I was going to run had a leak in the core and the rad shop I deal with wanted way to much to fix it so went with a small aftermarket auxiliary heater with built in fan. Mounted it up high on the cowl panel I made where the fuse panel is located so when you’re sitting in the car you can’t even see it. Solving a front signal light issue and then I actually think I’m done chasing gremlins. I didn’t check the speedo to make sure it was working when I was running in the rear end but I’ll check that when I fire her up again and confirm the new fuel sending unit is working and the fuel pump is happy. Thinking next week I’ll get it inspected for the BC regi if everything goes to plan. One motor shot just cuz u can’t ever have too many W motor pics!!

IMG_6737.JPG

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are you talking fuel tank Fitness? I missed that I thought it was the sender?Perhaps you meant tank out replace sender and reinstall...Looking good...;)

31chevymike likes this.
  14. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Fuel tank. Discovered rust in the tank when I pulled it to remove the sending unit. With the tank sitting in the shop for a couple years it must have gotten moisture in it somehow and when I sealed it up surface rust developed. Inside was galvanized too so a bit of a head scratcher. Seeing as 409’s don’t grow on trees I did not want to take a chance cleaning the tank and having any kind of residue. Sucks but it is what it is.

Stogy and 31chevymike like this.
  15. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Holy hot rods batman!! The little coupe rolled all on her own tonight for the first time!! :D Forgot what it's like to sit behind the wheel of a new hot rod and learn everything and it's been a looong time since i drove a car with drum brakes!! Super rewarding to drive it this little bit tonight! She goes for safety inspection on Monday. Thanks for all you guys who have followed along on this little jaunt. What do you think Stogy, not the same coupe that was parked in your garage a few years ago eh?!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BoNovxHn2az/?taken-by=30coupestreet

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whaddya think it is a Jeep?...get the doors on it...:p...honestly Fitness I can't believe it's been three years...wow.

You have really worked hard for this opportunity...you deserve all the fun times awaiting you...;)...and it really looks fantastic...congratulations...

17. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Ha ya that’s the latest craze, no drivers door! Ha ha Put the door on tonight after the drive so not to worry. Pretty cool to be at this point. I’m tired! Ha ha Will be nice to chill this winter and just tinker if and when I want to.

18. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Wipe that HUGE grin off your face and enjoy the great times ahead! It's a whole different world now - congrats on an excellent build Fitness! She sounds awesome!!!

Tweety and Fitnessguy like this.
  19. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

nice !!!!!! much envy here . i wish i was at that point on my coupe

31chevymike, Fitnessguy and Dino 64 like this.
  20. Looks and sounds great! You deserve every moment of pride, that is quite an accomplishment.

31chevymike likes this.
  21. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Thanks man

31chevymike likes this.
  22. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Well latest developments are a dead alternator which RL is shipping a warranty replacement no questions asked and a now leaking Holley electric fuel pump that i cannot get to stop so i am pulling the plug and going to a mechanical which i should have done right off the hop. It's definitely been frustrating having multiple brand name parts crap out right outta the box. They for sure are not making stuff like they used to. Needless to say with the delay waiting for the alternator to ship up from the US etc we won't be going to the safety inspection on Monday. Funny enough the weather is supposed to be crap starting Sunday anyways so guess it wasn't meant to be. We will see how the following week looks once the parts arrive. ah the joys of building hot rods

Dino 64, Blue One, brEad and 2 others like this.
  23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember reading you saying the dealer you got the other defective pump from telling you they returned almost all of them...why the heck were they still selling them...and maybe they'll say the same thing about this Holley.

It's no surprise stuff doesn't last when it can't even deliver at the 1rst turn of the key...I wouldn't be so quick to give praise to the mechanical even...however the mechanical I have seems to be doing what it was designed to do quite reliably.

Burps and Farts...and grinding teeth.

24. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Done!!! Cowl top on and that’s it for major pieces! Just need to put the carpet in which I’m not in a rush to do. Love my A! A little love for @canadianhotrods too!

IMG_6769.JPG IMG_6770.JPG IMG_6771.JPG IMG_6766.JPG

25. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

So I think fall is making a short stay this year... it’s all my fault! Newly completed hot rod... bring on winter!!

IMG_6782.JPG

Stogy, loudbang and Blue One like this.
  26. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Wish I could say I feel your pain, but I don't :D You west (wet) coast guys are spoiled rotten :D
    I'm just glad that you are getting some more Alberta like weather ;) :D

Mind you I believe Abbotsford had more snow last winter than some parts of Alberta :D Hmmmm , global warming ? Climate change ? o_O
    Maybe just a part of the earths natural cycles of change ? That's more likely.

27. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Ha i heard you guys are supposed to have a brutal winter!! 6ft of snow, wind, ice.... ha ha ha Our place is up higher than the rest of town so we were above the snow line this morning. No snow down lower by our store. It's coming though, not warm!

Stogy and loudbang like this.