Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I can't get out of it!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I misunderstood you headline when l first saw it - I though for a second that you had too much chop (is there such a thing) & you literally couldn't get out of it! LOL!!!!!

Doctorterry and Thor1 like this.
  2. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rocky, whats the drive train in your 34? I have my 34 P&J coming in about 2 weeks but haven't completely settled on the drive train. Depends on what day you ask me. I like your car!

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

as the saying goes "enjoy the ride" - lucky to have insurance that does not limit your travels

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I thought you were going to say that you physically couldn’t get out of it.

I was going to help you and resolve the problem for you by changing the name on the title ;) :D

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

[​IMG]
    Stance, stance, stance..Ride height, wheels & tires..Radius rods to frame and level with ground..Rear tires fitting beautifully in the fender reliefs. chop is right because it could be not quite enough but maybe just a tad too much..Rear view is again in the stance proper ratio and proportion...Just yummy..

6. primed34

primed34

Open the cowl vent and take her for a ride. My wife doesn't care much for riding in my coupe when it's hot out. Not so much that doesn't have AC but the air coming thru the cowl vent and the windows messes with her contacts.

7. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

You are ruining our excuse (the fun is in the building) for not getting them done !

8. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Was lowering the air pressure successful? May have to double check and test drive some more. Looks great!

9. Yeah! My pressure gauge goes to 60 psi and the front tires maxed out the gauge...dropped pressure to 40 psi [sidewall says 44 is max pressure] and it drives totally different. No more tires dancing around and bouncing up and down above 50 MPH. I should have checked them weeks ago. Thanks, Discount Tire in Joplin.

10. 1957 Pontiac engine punched out .125" to 370 cu in. Muncie M-21 close ratio 4 speed.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell if I had that car and it had an automatic my wife would be sneaking it out when I wasn't looking just to drive it as she did my T. She isn't spoiled though as her car is the one that doesn't have working AC right now.
    That is one great looking car that looks like a ball to drive and I can't blame you a bit for wanting to drive it all the time.

12. exterminator

exterminator

I would have that problem too. Nice coupe!

13. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If that's the worst problem you got with the build you done good Rocky!! :D

BigO likes this.
  14. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Rocky. Nice combo.

15. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife is the same way. I drive my '39 almost everyday but she rarely wants to go with since no A/C.

16. Rocky, you are a guy that really gets what this is all about. Cars are made to be driven . The car is perfect. Roll on brother, and keep the shinny side up.;):)

17. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rocky, it is awesome to see your coupe out under its own power and to see you're having such a blast with it! It was a long build and I am so happy for you. Like someone said earlier, enjoy the ride - you deserve it!

Go man, go!

mad mikey likes this.
  18. Ha, when I read your title I instantly thought of that 7 page thread of that guy who couldn't get his door open, I thought not again.
    Nice looking car and I know the feeling of any little excuse to drive is good enough to go. It's a great feeling to have, I moved cars around to get my truck out for a 5 minute (2 1/2 minutes at traffic light) ride to the bank. Since it's such a short distance I had to take the long way around to properly warm the engine of course.

mad mikey likes this.
  19. Wifey asked me to bring our cooler home from storage and pick up Rx today and drove off in her Chrysler, leaving the driveway open. WEll.....I could have driven my little HHR panel for these errands but what the hell?
    Winter is coming and there are not many nice days left so.............. 34atstsorage.jpg 34atpharmacy.jpg

Roadsir, BigO, 47ragtop and 8 others like this.
  20. It's been cold and rainy here for several days so the coupe has been sleeping in the garage. I took the time tonight to cut down the 1/4 window rubbers, install the 1/4 glass and drill holes for the screws that hold the garnish moldings in place. The garnishs' keep the windows in place. A small job but they all mount up to a finished car
    34sleeping9_18.JPG 34quarterwindows1.jpg 34quarterwindows2.jpg

barrnone50, BigO, 47ragtop and 6 others like this.
  21. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rocky, this is a killer shot of your coupe.:cool: I think I just found another photo for a screen saver or computer wallpaper.;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    barrnone50, BigO, j hansen and 2 others like this.
  22. Dam Rocky, So glad to see ya got this beast on the road after all these years of hard work.Job well done if I fo say so.
    Now you will understand how I got almost 30k on my 3 window in 3 summers
    Stop by if you are in the neighborhood on beer run or whatever.

bchctybob likes this.
  23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man so stoked to hear your getting in the miles! Well deserved!

Fall should be here any second and she won’t mind the lack of ac as long as there’s windows and I see your working on that! :)

raven likes this.
  24. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

It takes about twenty years for the “new-ness” to wear off. Have fun man.

bchctybob and cactus1 like this.
  25. Thanks, Brad....it finally stopped raining so I've been using the coupe to run errands today. Burned almost 1/2 tank of gas. Bought a heavy duty NAPA turn signal flasher that actually works! No more cheapie #552 flashers for me. Road tested the new flasher for 3 hours. Yeah, I guess it works ok. Going to a local cruise night in about 15 minutes.

26. exterminator

exterminator

Are you talking about the unit that plugs in the fuse block or the unit that bolts on the column?

27. Flasher that goes in the fuse panel.

28. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My old bud Lester Codd asked me to help install Vintage Air...in his SBC powered '30 Model A Coupe! It turned ugly as soon as we installed it. (the Coupe, not the situation!)

29. jim snow

jim snow

Your gonna find reasons to drive it even in the dead of winter. Good stuff. Snowman

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  30. alchemy

alchemy

Once Rock gets the windows sealed up he can drive it all winter. The Rhinoliner on the sheetmetal will keep any harm from salt or sand away. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.