Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Kati Hammett

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

My condolences to all of Kati's friends and family during this very difficult time. I'm so sorry.

2. I'm so sorry for the huge loss to the family and the Austin car community. This comes to mind:
    "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."

Stogy and Thor1 like this.
  3. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Beautifully written. My condolences to all those in her orbit.

Stogy and BLAKE like this.
  4. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

Damn what a beautiful tribute, Ryan.
    So much to miss about Kati, from the look on her face when she saw me walking over, to the hugs that she gave and never let go first, not even once, the laugh that tops all laughs, the endless love and generosity that started the day we met twenty years ago. I can’t count how many times I complained about something and her response was “Oh please”, or “Oh Lord”, she wasn’t having that shit.
    The most amazing thing is this is how she made everyone feel, whether they met once, or knew her for years. She was solid gold, and I regret not making more time for her and her family these past few years.

5. BLAKE

BLAKE

Great words that touched a nerve, JAVI. Her hugs... the hugs where you hugged and then tried to release, but she didn't, which made you immediately realize that this wasn't casual or gratuitous... she meant it... so you just smiled and stayed there as long as she'd let you. That's the good stuff.

6. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I was holding it together until ya'll started talking about her hugs. Both of ya'll are spot on. She hugged like she didn't take anything, or anyone, for granted.

7. Paul

Paul
    Editor

what a bittersweet thread,

how can one feel another's passing so strongly when they had never met,
    let alone even been aware of a day before..
    she truly must have been an exceptional person.
    my heartfelt condolences to all that knew and loved her.

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Austin. We need not take what we have for granted fellas... Cuz there's no place or no group of people better - that I can promise ya.

Javier, chryslerfan55, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  9. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  10. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Our condolences to Katis family and friends so sorry to here this.

11. Words from the heart, she must off been a wonderful person, my condolences to all family and friends

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and Thom Mead like this.
  12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I never met her, maybe I did, I dunno. I'm profoundly sorry for your loss. May fond memories of her bring you solace.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and BLAKE like this.
  13. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

We can all do a little better job to leave a legacy like Kati- Outrageously loving others more than our puffed-up selves, creating less drama, offering more unconditional kindness. I'm praying that her family and friends are coming together and hold each other up right now, and it sounds like they are... God Bless y'all.

chryslerfan55, HEMI32, Paul and 3 others like this.
  14. I didn't know Kati but am so glad the she was such a beautiful part of the inner circle. Well said, Ryan, about not taking what we have for granted -people or HAMB/Austin. I often reflect upon what might have happened to traditional hot rodding and customization if you had not started the HAMB what with all the Easter egg mentality of that era. I really "got it" when I went to my first Billetproof. Your timing was perfect. You made the Austin we here know.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and BLAKE like this.
  15. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Such a great tribute to your Friend. As I have gotten older I have come to realize that the times, events and people that you take for granted, are the things that I miss the most when they are gone. As a whole We all are so blessed with what and who we have in our lives. Godspeed Kati and my condolences to your family friends and all the people who's lives you have touched.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  16. 29Durant

29Durant
    from Austin, TX

I don't post much and I didn't know Kati. But damn Ryan when you want to really write, there is no one better. In a different league from regular old car writers.

17. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Every once in a while I read about someone like Kati, (having never met her) and it makes me realize that they are the type of people I would like to be. Living a life that prompts such an outpouring of love and respect is pretty much the purpose of life. It's hard to remember that when you get into the grind of the daily BS. Thanks for reminding us, Ryan, and thank you, Kati, for being that inspiration. Godspeed.

18. Didn't know her, but love her spirit. Godspeed to you Kati. Thoughts and prayers out to all of her Family and Friends. These events rip a piece of your soul out, but we go on and appreciate the time we had with someone.

19. Well said, Ryan. A fitting tribute to a strong, loving woman in your life. You were blessed to be in her circle of friends and family. May God comfort all of you in your loss.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to You, the Hammett Family and Friends on the passing of Kati...I did not expect this to be a memorial thread...however it is...far to early.

Life just doesn't seem fair sometimes. This is one of those times.

Rest in Peace Cruiser Gal

Thanks for sharing this with Us @Ryan...

Regards,
    Stogy

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

This is really shitty news.

Kati was awesome.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

R. I.P.. Had a good time there in April.

23. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Outstanding tribute to an obviously outstanding person. Best piece of writing I have seen from you yet Ryan, and that's saying something. Condolences to her family.

24. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Excellent post Ryan. Very well written. I teared up for sure. Last month the doc's gave me maybe 2 months to live (or maybe more if treatment kicks in and I'm Blessed).

Kiss your love ones, don't left anything unsaid and finish that Hot Rod!

chryslerfan55, Thor1 and Thom Mead like this.
  25. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Don't think I ever had the honor of meeting Kati, (judging from the post I am sure it is something I would have remembered) My loss I am sure. We all become memories at some point. I am guessing Kati's memories will be around a LONG time.
    Very sorry for this loss to the Austin community and the hot rod community at large.
    I can tell by your tribute this is heartfelt and personal loss Peace to all touched by a life cut short too soon.

26. jim snow

jim snow

Dam, I know the feeling. Coming up on a year anniversary of losing a good pal. Still hurts. Snowman

27. verde742

verde742

So sorry man, grieve, cry,, let it out... what a sad well written tribute..
    I lost 8 friends in 2017,, I have hundreds of questions I never thought to ask them, when they were around

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    chryslerfan55, The37Kid and Thom Mead like this.
  28. She sounds like a very cool chick and a good friend. My sincere condolences to the Austin crew for your loss. I'm very sorry, you all.

chryslerfan55 and Thom Mead like this.
  29. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio