Register now to get rid of these ads!

Beware of "'59Edsel" flake!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 ford custom, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last weekend I was supposed to pick up an intake from " '59Edsel " here locally. After a good long while of this member giving me the run around he told me to meet him at a park near him. The evening before he messaged me and told me to message him in the morning (saturday) that I was on my way. Well my daughter and I set off to meet him. Well I messaged him just like he told me too, I was there a few minutes early. Well 10,15 then 20 minutes go by and nothing. Well I messaged him a few more times still nothing. So an hour passes and he never shows. I thought something might have happened so I message him on sunday and he just ignores me now. He bumps his post here on thehamb and on offer up a few times and drops the proce yet still ignores me.

I could understand if I did something wrong but I did not. I am working on my 56 with my daughter that was born with a heart condition and she loves helping with our projects. Also the member stated that he wasnt firm on the price so I asked if I could could make payment through PayPal since I had the funds in there and he said that was fine as long as I sent it as "friends and family" before I picked it up. Well now it kind of makes sense...what if I had? He would have kept payment and I would have lost put all around. I'm not here trying to ruffle feathers...Its just I have never had an issue here on thehamb. I would hate for anyone here to have to deal with drama or flakes. We are all family and hot rod/custom related. Watch out guys/gals apparently we have flakes here aswell.
    @'59Edsel

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  2. I bet he didn't even have what you were looking for .. If I'm buying something and paying via Paypal, never will send it friends and family.. I was told that you have no way of getting funds back that way (or is very hard). Guys like this just suck.. I would send is info to Ryan or the mods. Hopefully they will send his ass packing.. I hate people that waste my time.. guess I'm officially a grumpy old man !

3. I sent a message to Ryan but had no response in return. I know he is busy so it might take a while. The intake that " '59Edsel" is selling is in the parts page for sale still.

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Good for you not sending him any money. It seems that is the way the world is. Flakes everywhere unfortunately online and in the real world. Good luck on you and your daughters project. Way cool that she is right by your side.

5. Sporty45

Sporty45

I saw his ad too. You might want to start a conversation with him here and draw his attention to this thread. Might get him to address the issue. ;)

6. How would I go about doing that? I sent numerous messages here and on offer up after he left my daughter and I hanging. No response at all.

Sporty45 likes this.
  7. takes a little time, I'm sure something will get done.. maybe that deadbeat 59Edsel will read this .. and do the right thing. then maybe not.. sorry this putz left you hanging.. But he didn't get your hard earned money..

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Sporty45

Sporty45

All you have to do is hover your mouse over his avatar and "start conversation" will show up. Then just click on that and off ya go!

9. Oh no...I know how to message people. That's how we were communicating to buy the intake. I'm saying he wont respond to me at all.

10. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Anybody know him send his info to 56 Ford Custom.......

11. What kind of intake are you looking for?

12. He knows I have been trying to contact him but he just ignores the messages and keeps bumping his post and re-lists on other websites.

13. Sporty45

Sporty45

Oh, OK, I thought you meant you didn't know how to start a conversation! If he doesn't respond to your conversation request he is still seeing it, just ignoring it. Can't make him respond, but maybe Ryan can get his attention. ;)

14. I am looking for a y block 4bbl (b) intake that accepts the later style holley carb.

15. @59Edsel He will get a notification that he has been tagged in this thread now.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  16. Did you try Tim McMaster? Hanford Auto Supply....

17. Thanks!!

18. Yes I am very thankful that she is such a great kid and loves to do the same things I do. She has another open heart surgery coming soon but it wont stop her. Shes a strong and sometimes stubborn kid.

19. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

It sucks. I had a guy from SoCal quite a few years ago get all flakey on some Guide headlights I was selling. After sending plenty of pics and detailed descriptions, he said he'd take them. I took the time to box them up and calculate shipping. Then after some more back and forth PM's, he bailed. All you can do is write down who the flakes are and never do business with them again.

20. I'm looking for one a bit closer and a little more in my budget.

46international likes this.

21. Unfortunately you are right...all you can do. By chance do you still have those lights? Are they the ones with the glass markers on top?

22. I just went to 59edsel's profile page, say's he was last seen in 2008. Maybe why he isn't answering?

23. O.k., not 59edsel with lower case "e" but 59Edsel with capital "E"

24. Yes with the capital "E"

25. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Agreed on the 'Paypal Etiquette'... Unless it is FAMILY, they (recipient) have to pay the 'tariff'.
    It's never much, but is a binding contract necessary these days.
    The 'good old Italian Handshake' has been desecrated to the point of "Sorry, but you have to sign this".
    Kudos to Paypal, BTW... they've saved my 'AZZ' twice now...

CudaChick1968 and 56 ford custom like this.
  26. It is quite sad that a mans word and or handshake means almost nothing these days. I'm not saying everyones... just a good majority. I was brought up in the old ways of things and it's just not the same anymore.

CudaChick1968, JeffB2 and Sporty45 like this.
  27. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

59Edsel knows what’s going on as he was on here 2hrs ago.....

28. Oh trust me I know he does. I dont know why he is being strange like this.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  29. If he wasnt in the wrong nor had nothing to hide why wouldnt he post here or message someone? I mean he has been tagged multiple times and it notifies you when it's been done.

30. @'59Edsel now he will see it ... added ' in front

56 ford custom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.