Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Your HERSHEY Shopping List

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Sep 20, 2018.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Everyone has a shopping list at Hershey. Top of my list are good door tops from 1930-31 Ford Tudor doors, 1940 Ford pickup rear fenders & running boards and a nice rust free '40 Ford front axle & wishbone. Then there is the stuff you just see and have to have...……….. Bob

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. noboD

noboD

Nicco's pizza. Mmm!

Louie, lothiandon1940 and The37Kid like this.
  3. '51-'54 Ford Fordomatic steering column ..
    '31 Model A frt fenders & trunklid

4. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

1926-27 Dodge windshield frame, coupe...

5. One folding laudal bar and the left folding top chrome arm for my 1930 68 B....down from three since last year !

6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Would like to find a fairly good chrome front bumper for a 37 Ford.

7. Erwin

Erwin

Mine is, '55-'56 Mercury left-front fender, & the quarter panel repair panels.

8. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Bags of Money...I'm vending !

Unkl Ian and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  9. Bob, I'm just the opposite. I don't need anything in particular. But stuff will find me. So I put some money in a separate place, just to get me home. Then I'll come home broke, and with stuff that I really didn't need. It never changes. I CAN'T WAIT! ;)

10. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Same way Ron...That's why I usually vend alone, so I don;t go out and buy stuff I don;t need ! Hope the weather works with us....haven't vended at Hershey in over 20 years

11. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Division bar for 1946-48 ford front doors(the long piece right behind the vent wing). Short door garnish mouldings also. Would love to find bumpers(especially with the ford script in them) but money is tight and they are usually out of my budget. And...last but not least...a glass kit for a business coupe. The glass is no rush right now so I'll probably go small stuff this time. I'm not building a show car so I like other people's scraps. Also would like to find a decent set of grille trim. Have fun and happy hunting.

12. Ron, looking forward to seeing you! Not looking for much, but I know I will buy stuff anyways.:D Like a Pines for my deuce.:eek::rolleyes: Last year I sold everything I brought.:)

Bowtie Coupe and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  13. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

41-2 Stude steering wheel, at a reasonable price. LOL!

14. LongT

LongT

Which is better Carlisle or Hershey? Or are generally the same vendors at each?
    Looking for 1939 Ford windshield frame. Maybe some other '39 parts. I'm not sure what all I need yet.

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Personally Carlisle became a waist of my time 40 years ago, but the Walmart lot car owners seam to enjoy it. Bob

mad mikey likes this.
  16. noboD

noboD

Agreed. Carlisle turned into a greed fest, parking, admission, etc. I quit years ago.

mad mikey likes this.
  17. Carlisle is not as good as it used to be but it's not that bad. The promoters/owners have gotten pretty greedy though.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    mad mikey and chevy57dude like this.
  18. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Fall Carlisle has changed; but if you haven’t been for 6-8 years you wouldn’t know how it has changed. The sock and home goods vendors are gone. To some extent it’s a Hershey preview- as many vendors headed for Hershey check in first at Carlisle. Beyond that, it’s important to realize the demographics of the hobby. Younger people are building newer cars- so there is a demand for parts for cars from the late 70’s into the mid 80’s. Remember: Hershey used to be all brass-era cars displayed inside the football stadium. If you can only make it one event- by all means make it Hershey. But if you really like this stuff- you’ll do both and be twice as sore the Sunday after Hershey!

Unkl Ian, LongT and wraymen like this.
  19. 5window

5window

x2

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  20. '65 comet tail light, '55 porshe tail light and side mirror, '55 chevy pickup passenger rear view mirror bracket, '39-40 gmc/chevy ton and a half right front fender, '39 chevy pickup front bumper, 107 parts, '33 chevy standard spare parts.

21. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

My buddy and I go mostly just because we enjoy the hell out of it. He has a stable of Fords from Model A's to a Cobra kit car, I have Buicks and I am always on the look out for a Buick part I need and I also collect all types of hubcaps and wheel covers. We are like a lot of other guys, some times we find things we are looking for and most times we find stuff we didn't even know we needed until we see them. My wants always out number my spending money but I still have a great time looking. The count down is on, I even get to celebrate my birthday at Hershey this year on Thursday! Does it get any better?

The37Kid likes this.
  22. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^^^^ Stop buy C4J-41-42 and say hello, I'll buy you a Birthday ice cream across the isle from us. Bob

23. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Thanks Bob, I love me some ice cream.:cool: I"ll look you up!

24. 5window

5window

Can it be my birthday,too? It's too cold in the middle of January for ice cream outside. :)

25. My Birthday was in June, same day as Gene Winfield's.:cool:I will have a strawberry sundae. :rolleyes: Or a beer!:p

26. sawzall

sawzall

GREAT.. i have competition.. I have been lusting after a 42 stude wheel for some time..

I have (or can bring) the division bars, bumpers and grille trim if your interested.. obh.. 9-10

27. .........Pa. called. They still want their money!:D;)

28. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

The thought of all that walking around makes me tired just thinking about it.

Jimbo

Bowtie Coupe and Unkl Ian like this.
  29. Jim, sounds like you are getting old!;) It is a lot of walking, but well worth it. Just keep on pushing.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  30. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just wondering has anyone been at Hershey and really given up on walking? Life is getting shorter, enjoy every step you can take, I plan on being the guy six spaces ahead of you. :cool:Bob

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018