Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Glass '32 5 Window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Splitbudaba, Feb 6, 2017.

1. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

100_2789.jpg Can't go wrong with a bendpack 4 post lift. 9000lb lift is roughly 3k.

Baron, brEad, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  2. daveh1932

daveh1932
    from UK

Mooneyes gauges are very cool, I had them in my 3 window, they’ll look great in your Coup.
    I haven’t done much on mine recently but I started to replace the headlights (finally!). I bought the repro Deuce units within weeks of getting the coup as I hated what was on it and that was over a year ago! Got them mocked up last night, initial trial fit determined that the headlight bar was back to front as the lights were pointing up and clashing with the grille shell. Now just need to wire them in.

Before:

842222D0-F6EA-460F-A18D-AEE0394F4EA7.jpeg

After:
    49A63496-6727-48C4-8E13-031089F3C7E0.jpeg
    Your house project looks like it’s going well! Very exciting stuff :)

3. wicarnut

wicarnut

I have the Direct-Lift 4 post standard width, height 5 years now, use a lot, store a car on in winter, 0 problems. This is the only import that comes with various certifications, have friends with same lift, no problems. I highly recommend this product, was $2095 when purchased. Good luck in your quest. Project looking good.

dan31, Splitbudaba and loudbang like this.
  4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn't buy a lift for parking cars, I bought it to build them. This is a Rotary asymmetrical, the greatest tool I have ever owned and possibly the best lift sold. Make sure you have minimum 6" of 'crete in the center of the floor and wire tied rebar if you have time and access to materials.
    upload_2018-8-17_11-52-38.png
    Get your place built and get back to your car, I enjoy following along!

GuyW, Baron, brEad and 4 others like this.
  5. Splitbudaba

Splitbudaba

Thanks, I do miss working on her! We are supposed to move in around mid October! Can’t wait!!! Love your car and the lifts not bad either!!

Baron and loudbang like this.
  6. Splitbudaba

Splitbudaba

Car is looking great,you have made great changes!!

loudbang likes this.
  7. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

I drove through Meadows about a month ago on the way to the family cabin. It was still pretty smokey from all the fires, but beautiful nonetheless. Enjoy your retirement!

Splitbudaba likes this.
  8. Splitbudaba

Splitbudaba

We love it here! Nice people, laid back life style. Lot’s of roads with minimal traffic! Can’t wait to get her rollin!

Ron Funkhouser and Baron like this.
  9. Splitbudaba

Splitbudaba

4A64D3B6-B430-4800-A52B-FD3F81226A95.jpeg D6A55EC2-3E66-4ED0-8E1A-EB0EF8AFD54E.jpeg Emptied all the boxes from the last storage bay in Boise today. Next week we bring the coupe up to New Meadows! One step closer!!!

Ron Funkhouser, Baron, brEad and 8 others like this.
  10. Splitbudaba

Splitbudaba

E1139245-85EB-4B20-BF1E-C6157354578D.jpeg Trailered the coupe to New Meadows storage today! Got lots of thumbs up and comments on the trip and at the gas station! Should be in my new garage in 2 weeks! Finally! Sorry for the poor pic!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  11. loudbang

loudbang

Brightened your day. :rolleyes:

11.jpeg

Splitbudaba likes this.
  12. Splitbudaba

Splitbudaba

Finally moving into the house! We plan to finish the plumbing and paint. Flooring next. But I can put the coupe in my new shop and get started again. It’s been a long 6 months!!! We plan on hanging my new heater and extra lights!!!

13. catdad49

catdad49

Just got caught up, bet you're glad to have your baby home! That Vette was Killer! Happy Retirement, Carp.

14. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hope Splitbudaba (welcome back) doesn't mind me sticking my nose in here.

Dave
    I looked long and hard for a cup for my SW tach., this was sourced from VDO, got it many years ago so not sure of its current availability.
    It is 4&1/2" o.a.l.
    20190301_194214.jpg 20190301_193913.jpg 20190301_193834.jpg

catdad49 and Splitbudaba like this.
  15. Splitbudaba

Splitbudaba

No problem, hope Dave checks in from time to time!

loudbang likes this.
  16. daveh1932

daveh1932
    from UK

Thanks DDDenny, I ended up with an American Billet column mount tacho cup, it’s the old Borgeson pattern got it mocked up and looks good, glad to see things progressing Splitbudada, looking forward to some updates soon.
    Big news is that I have the coop booked in to the trim shop at the beginning April, I need to get it finished for June as my daughter wants me to take her to the church in it for her wedding day. No pressure then! Got lots to do before it goes in and will try and get some updates on here soon,
    Cheers
    Dave

17. daveh1932

daveh1932
    from UK

EDB10A7E-6C80-4C12-9DA6-4913E8CEAA49.jpeg Here’s a quick update, repro Deuce headlights all sorted, changed the front bumper brackets to stock length (it originally had shortened brackets which looked wrong in my opinion) and So-Cal spreader bar licence brackets, more to follow

18. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Car is looking good, I'd like to have a glass 33, 34 coupe body. I don't like snow but that is a beautiful pic of your house.

loudbang and Splitbudaba like this.
  19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Good on ya, now you got some play money!

Splitbudaba likes this.
  20. catdad49

catdad49

As long as the Mrs. doesn't mind, it's definitely the way to go. What's going on the outside?

Splitbudaba and loudbang like this.
  21. daveh1932

daveh1932
    from UK

Thanks, i will if I can remember to take some on the day! Your new home is looking fantastic, what a great photo, I hope it’s well insulated with all that snow.
    83765FD7-698C-4350-B31E-0DDDE6E67704.jpeg

dylan60, loudbang and brEad like this.
  22. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

You house looks great. I have a Hot Dawg propane hanging heater in my 1000 sq ft shop with 12'-6" ceilings and it works great. Doesn't seem to burn much fuel and I only turn it down to 50 at night and 70 during the day. I do have an aggressive ceiling fan to stir the air. Looking forward to seeing you finish your project.

Splitbudaba and loudbang like this.
  23. Splitbudaba

Splitbudaba

I am currently looking at bomber seats! They look the part but how comfortable are they in the real world??

loudbang likes this.
  24. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

I did Walic bomber seats in a 32 roadster and they were very comfortable. I currently have a Walic bomber bench in my 32 pickup and it is also comfortable and I'm not even running a back pad. He is apparently not making them anymore. I recently bought a pair of the 445.00 dollar seats from irishpol on here. He runs an ad in the for sale section. I just got them Monday and they are well made and good looking. You mentioned a lift, I have the small 7000 lb. Bend Pak High Lift drive on lift in my shop and can easily raise even the deuce pickup high enough to walk upright underneath. I opted for the 110 volt pump so I didn't have rewire and it works good. I also like the air solenoids on the safety catches. Over all I would rate it a good lift. I was lucky after coming into the house one night all stoved up after spending the day on my knees and back working under a car my wife offered to buy me a lift. Great wife.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  25. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I am going to try that one....

Splitbudaba, loudbang and old skoool like this.
  26. Splitbudaba

Splitbudaba

I really like the seats from irishpol, will look into those! What foam or padding did you use in the pads? I have all the tools to make my own except the edge roll tool, plus 50 years fixing aircraft! Maybe the budget will push me in that direction! Thanks for the info! Oh yeah the lift info is much appreciated, I get the drawbacks of working off the floor! I would really like the ability to store 2 cars in one space!

loudbang likes this.
  27. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

I used 3 inch firm foam with a 4 inch front roll for the cushion and 3/4 foam for the backrest. Considering I paid around a 1000.00 for the Walic seats irishpol's seats looked like a bargain?

loudbang and Splitbudaba like this.
  28. Splitbudaba

Splitbudaba

Thanks and yep they are a bargain!!

loudbang likes this.
  29. daveh1932

daveh1932
    from UK

This weekends activity, I needed to tidy up the switch panel as it was a real mish-mash of switches, it’s got some nice So-Cal Art Deco switches but a couple of modern looking kit-car after market switches and the very odd horn push and main beam/dip switch intended for the classic car market. This is what it looked like:

99B2BA86-BFC2-41E2-8E50-AACF79B78656.jpeg

I bought some more So-Cal switches when I was at the LARoadsters non-Father’s day-Father’s Day Show last year. As the switches needed relocating I needed a cover plate so decided to try my hand at engine turning, so I made up a guide in MDF and did this:
    62F50FCF-A820-4DEC-B25C-923493175B22.jpeg
    It’ not perfect and I screwed up the last row but it won’t be seen so good enough, then cut to shape and trial fitted, just need to get another replacement switch as I broke one of the existing ones when removing as it was overtightened :(
    854B202B-AAC3-40F8-A759-905CB1DCA186.jpeg

I’m pleased with the results and more in line with how I want it to look, I’ll post an update when complete.

30. Splitbudaba

Splitbudaba

You did good!! Definitely looks the part, very clean, nice upgrade! I have always wanted to try engine turning, saw a guy did it using large pencil erasers once, looked good! I think I am going a different route, I purchased some push/on, push/off latching switches from Ebay. I fabricated an aluminium panel that mounted up under the dash bottom edge. You could not see it unless you laid on the floor, and upside down, you had to memorize the order and do it by feel. I mounted the switches in rows, engine controls first row, lights in the second. I had a third row with just one switch, that one would switch the line lock button on the shifter from the brake control to the horn for street driving. Also had push switches in the Hurst tee handle, drill it thru and had push button switches on each end, turn signals, what else? Made it hard to steal also!!! I'm not sure if I will do the same thing in the coupe or use guarded toggle switches like aircraft use, all mounted behind the hand brake on the floor mount panel cover. What's your opinion??

loudbang likes this.