Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage East/West Flathead Reliability Run 2018

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The 39 guy, Jul 30, 2018.

1. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

It's time to put out some notification of this years East West Reliability Run for 2018. It will be held at the Monitor Hot Rod Cafe( Monitor Washington just north of Wenatchee Washington)
    on September 15 2018.

This is the run that was originally started by The Inland Emperors of the Spokane Washington area. They used vantage Washington as a meeting site for the run for several years before moving to the event to the Hot Rod Cafe in Monitor.

Bill Cordell known as Rusty Bill on the HAMB has been helping to continue the run for a couple of years now. We noticed that an add in a NW events magazine published earlier this year had listed the wrong location,day and contact number for this event. We double checked with Chris of the Emperors to confirm that the event was incorrectly advertised and that the Emperors had not posted the add.

So if you want to get your Flathead powered car out for a run please put this event on your calendar.
    You must arrive by noon to be counted in the challenge to see which side of the mountains wins this year.

If you can't bring your flathead powered car there is usually room to park your Hot Rod on the grass by the orchard to the South of the main Flathead gathering.

Go to the address below for info on the run location.

https://www.facebook.com/MonitorHotRodCafe/

rusty bill is your contact guy. Bill Cordell 509 782-2289

upload_2018-7-30_12-17-2.png
    If you can't reach Bill you can contact me.on the HAMB.

2. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

BTT This is event does not have an entry fee.

Ranchero59 and nunattax like this.
  3. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, I saw a flyer at Vintiques on Friday but thought it was from last year.
    This is about the most laid back low pressure old car event you will ever attend.

He is right there is usually plenty of room over in the cheap seats for the overhead cars so you you can still bring your overhead powered rig and be respectful of their wish to have it be flatheads only in the main area. The cheap seats are a few steps closer to a fancy furniture store across the street that a guy's significant other might sneak off to if they figure out that rather plain looking building has some nice stuff inside.

5. rusty bill

rusty bill

Start getting those flatties ready!

6. oldsman41

oldsman41

Heck i thought you wanted me to drive my flatly out to Washington. I live in ohio:)

7. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Well sure, come on over. You would probably get the long distance award.

Ranchero59 likes this.
  8. rusty bill

rusty bill

9. dwollam

dwollam

It is a great event and the people that have the Hot Rod Cafe are terrific! I have been several times, hope to fit it in my tight schedule this year too.

Dave

10. rusty bill

rusty bill

11. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Just found the art work for the run posted on the Monitor Hot Rod Cafe Facebook site. Tom Roche of Wenatchee WA is the artist. The run is set for next weekend. Get those oil levels and tire pressures checked people it's almost time to hit the road.
    [​IMG]

12. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

13. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

There sure is not much chatter on here about the run this year. I hope there is much more interest than the lack of posts indicates. Thanks for the BTT 33 cdan man! is anyone one from Spokane coming? You started this whole thing you know....

14. uncle buck

uncle buck

btt for this Saturday for those not traveling to the Hillclimb.....

15. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Looks like really good weather for Saturday! Nice and cool for those flatheads to pull the passes.
    upload_2018-9-12_18-40-34.png

16. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

17. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Okay people the weather forecast for tomorrow looks perfect for cruising in your flathead powered pride and joy !So check the air,oil and water levels. Get your thermos out for some coffee and a light jacket to ward off the cool morning air , point that outdated but still lovable piece of tin towards Monitor and come swap some stories with your fellow flathead brothers.

If your ride of choice does not contain the beloved flatmotor you are still welcome to come and enjoy the fun. There is plenty of parking on the grass near the orchard to the south of flathead parking .

See you there,
    Sam

upload_2018-9-14_11-20-51.png

18. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

How was the turn out? Not great weather on the west side left a lot of us out this year. Sure wish this event was in May when nothing else is going on or even the first week in June.

19. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Well the weather was perfect. We had a low car count. I saw only two from the West and and non from the Spokane area. rusty bill can give you exact numbers of those that showed (signed) up. Those that did seemed to have a good time visiting and many were seen enjoying the good food and service from the Hot Rod Cafe hosts.

We will be working on getting the word out much earlier and try to get on the Northwest Rod run lists with the correct info on the run for the next one.

Usually the passes can still be a little messy in May and I had not considered June. I would encourage any one interested to give us some input on desired dates or an other changes you would like to see.