Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hurricane

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MERCURYGUY, Sep 12, 2018.

1. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

To all fellow Hammers in the Carolinas Stay safe guys. May the force be with you. Mercuryguy

Deuces, USMercUte, Oilguy and 7 others like this.
  2. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Prayers to all in or near the hurricane. I hope anyone near the projected flood and high wind zones
    listened to any evacuation orders. Stay safe, property can be replaced but our friends here cannot.

3. Lil32

Lil32

4. Earlier we were right in it's path, now that its heading more south that good for us but worse for folks south.

5. 29moonshine

29moonshine

the right side is all ways the worst

Deuces, 26hotrod and jim snow like this.
  6. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

They interviewed some chick today on the TV who said she isn't going to evacuate, "there's strength in numbers" she claimed. Neighbors are staying, etc. I guess that's fine for an adult but she has three (3) little kids. Maybe everything will be OK, though ... maybe not.

7. 29moonshine

29moonshine

when camile hit miss it wiped out the party on the 5 th floor

Deuces, 26hotrod and jim snow like this.
  8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

no one should take all of the direction, impact location, etc presented in the news as gospel - it could all change in a very short period of time - assume nothing - in 2012 I flew from California to Kansas City to attend the Greaserama Show at The Boulevard Drive-In, and The Goodguys Show - when I made last minute airplane reservation a tropical depression that was the result of a Gulf Hurricane (Issac?) was supposed to go way East of Kansas City. When I arrived Friday the depression had changed course and went over Kansas City with high winds & lots of rain - both shows did go on with a damp Saturday -

chryslerfan55, Deuces and 26hotrod like this.
  9. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

30mi north of Charlotte,NC and we are suppose to get 6-8 in of rain. Drove my coupe today and plan to drive it tomorrow before putting it in dry storage... Eveyone please be careful and may holy angles protect you and yours......

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  10. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

It doesn't matter if the storm goes left,right or straight up the middle it going to effect many many human lives. Pease and may the good lord be with you.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

11. We were going the 2nd week in oct for a week of fishing .Had a house rented in Frisco. Latest I heard the ocean was trying to break thru to the sound in Avon, heard reports that RT.12 was washed out a ready in several places.Prayers go out to all down there and please stay safe! Bruce.

12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wishing goodwill to all involved in this horror story...may you all get though this safely.

Regards,
    Stogy

chryslerfan55, Deuces and USMercUte like this.
  13. Cheetahman

Cheetahman

I live in Avon part time, and from my network of spys, reports are a good bit of ocean overwash on Oceanview drive, across from the Food Lion, rest of the island didn't do too bad, a get better report when I can get back on the island. Bruce, don't cancel your trip yet, the lake/,canal in my back yard was loaded with baitfish all summer , so I'm expecting good fishing this fall

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Watching the tube it looks like the big issue is going to be flooding rather than large amounts of severe wind damage.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. dudley32

dudley32

In Fayetteville N.C....a few power lines down, some trees down...and it's just starting.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  16. Cheetahman

Cheetahman

17. All we can do is pray and hope for the best but it looks like some are going to have a lot of water to deal with. God Bless them.

chryslerfan55, Deuces and jim snow like this.
  18. jim snow

jim snow

We riding it out in Surfside Beach. Best to all. Snowman

19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow - hang in there

chryslerfan55, jim snow and Deuces like this.
  20. Just heard a mom and infant were killed by a falling tree. Be safe everyone. I am saying prayers.

21. Deuces

Deuces

:(:(

22. CHEETAHMAN, if the island is open we are still going.Thanks.Bruce.

23. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  24. jim snow

jim snow

Knock on wood so far so good. Snowman

chryslerfan55 and Gman0046 like this.
  25. Gman0046

Gman0046

Play it safe Snowman.

Gary

chryslerfan55 and jim snow like this.
  26. Cheetahman

Cheetahman

27. Cheetahman, I just pulled up N.C. D.O.T. web site and they are allowing residents only back on the island now.There is no ferry running from Hateruss to Ocracke due to road wash outs from the pony pen down to end of the island.I saw a picture and the water is level with the road so they are going to have to build the sand dunes back up there. Further down the coast at Cedar Island they really got hit hard, wiped out a lot of home and fishing boats. Keeping our finger crossed about going down there. Thanks Bruce.P.S. that me on the left! 005.JPG .