Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Almost Funny - AWB Barracuda Funny Car Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squirrel, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Did Jim run in the fast classes earlier?
    Life got in the way and I just tuned in....

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

Stuck in staging lanes at the back. Will be a while. They are running the sme cars now I think

Sent from my Trimline

3. badvolvo

badvolvo

Jim, you are badass and living the dream. I'm jealous. Stay safe and live that dream for us HAMBers at work today.

5. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmm, they put a little more water than usual in the burnout box. How can you warm the tires when it's that deep? Burnout.JPG

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  6. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

7. oldengine

oldengine

8. Time? It sounded better than yesterday.

9. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I want to say it was 11.36.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  10. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Sounds about right , I was watching on my cell phone on my lunchbreak:D

11. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Freiburger and Lohnes were having a discussion about your fuel tank and any wheelie capabilities:rolleyes:

mad mikey and CudaChick1968 like this.
  12. squirrel

squirrel

We stopped at the checkpoint and did the valves and pull change. The motor is sounding a bit odd, too me. Well see how it does. Stopped for lunch, then discovered its 5pm.time flies by

Sent from my Trimline

els, mad mikey, brad2v and 15 others like this.
  13. Only when you are having fun!

@squirrel "Stopped for lunch, then discovered its 5pm.time flies by"
    Sent from my Trimline[/QUOTE]

14. Hopefully nothing major during this easy break in period you are putting her through

CudaChick1968 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. Jim Forbes ZMAX Raceway Charlotte.png

mad mikey, brad2v, kiwijeff and 4 others like this.
  16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Jim, sure was good to finally meet you at ATL Dragway. Knew you were busy and tried to not get in your way. When the rain started I had to try to get back to the truck with my scooter so never really got to tell you how good it was to finally meet you in person,
    You are approaching this in a sensible, methodical way, many guys would go balls to the wall, and then when they screwed something up beyond field repair that something wasn't just right, but the way you're doing this shows maturity and patience.
    Hope things go well for the rest of the Drag Week. Would be back to ATL Dragway Fri. but I need to get my roadster ready for the next weekend for RWYB in Reynolds, GA at Silver Dollar Raceway.

els, norms30a, brad2v and 4 others like this.
  17. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Hoping all is going well .. will be watching Tomorrow , Good luck Jim.

chryslerfan55 and CudaChick1968 like this.
  18. squirrel

squirrel

All is going well. We made it to bristol. Still have not had time to even start trying to get the thing to run right. Will try a few little tricks tomorrow if I can. I ought to adjust the valves again in the morning. And another oil change. This race car maintenance takes up a lot of time.

Sent from my Trimline

19. I hope you get your problems sorted out and that it runs well, Is the chassis set to where you like it, or is it both engine and chassis tuning? I hope you get most of the problems ironed out for Bristol.
    Bob

CudaChick1968 and chryslerfan55 like this.

20. Hope this works.
    First car in this Aussy vid is guess who....:)

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    chryslerfan55 and kiwijeff like this.
  22. squirrel

squirrel

The engine is missing and popping during a run. It's also not making a lot of power so it seems to launch ok.

Sent from my Trimline

23. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

I'm sure it's not the issue, But.. I had a fresh blown set-up in a 55 truck yrs. Ago, I chased my tail for a week trying to figure out popping an missing... It wasn't till I smelled 80/90 on the plugs, Ended up being bad seals in the blower... Good Luck Jim!

24. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know about the rest of you but I am watching the Zmax coverage late last night well after the fact and casting it to the TV. Dad and I are only really looking for Jim but every time I try to fast forward it jumps like 10 minutes (totally uncontrollable). So we resign ourselves to just watch it and wait for the Cuda. (By the way thanks Jim for nearly running dead last that session...LMAO).

Anyway...finally we see it rolling in towards the water box. Dad and I jump up like it's the last bat in the World Series or something. Of course the cameras follow the cars already on track (who cares, let's see the Cuda)! The cars make their passes and the cameras follow them all the way to the end. We watch both make the turn out and then nothing. We are still looking at an empty top end. Then they start talking about Squirrel. I am like "Hey!" I hear the burnouts going. But the cameras are still looking down track... Dad and I are both screaming at a camera man that has been off work for 12 hours now! I am like "What the hell are you people doing?!!!"

You would have thought the satellite went out just as a hail Mary pass from a Superbowl is released. We are about to rip the television off the damn wall when finally the camera changes. There is the little Cuda we have been waiting for...and we get to see Jim do his thing.

So as if all the replies and comments here don't already prove it...we are all in Jim. Thanks for the ride! Be safe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

catdad49, lumpy 63, TRJ and 18 others like this.
  25. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Drag Racing. Because football only requires one ball.
    Great time following.