Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical B&M hydro ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buick320a, Sep 11, 2018.

1. buick320a

buick320a
    from indiana

I have an B&M Hydro with an adapter to Pontiac engine, the number stamped on adapter is. HA 6599 I can not find any reference to that number, anybody help?

2. I just went through my B&M catalogue that lists the different B&M adaptors available. I saw no mention of anything starting with a 'HA' reference. Pontiac's came with Hydro's from the factory, of which a B&M hydro could be swapped into a stock setup. Are you sure the adaptor you have isn't a Pontiac piece?

3. I looked on a Pontiac parts site and a lot of the parts listed even into the 1980s started with HA prefix. I am thinking your part is a Pontiac factory part. I bought a used Hydramatic for parts backup to the Hydro in my Willys and it came with a cast iron factory adaptor sub-bell housing.

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  4. buick320a

buick320a
    from indiana

My thinking is that the HA prefix may make it a Pontiac adapter (this is an aluminum cast piece with crank hub adapter and machined flywheel) and if it is like the other B&M adapters the 6599 would be the years it fits..
    I think this is a B&M part that was made for the later Pontiact 400 motors......thus a BOP
    My B&M catalog stops at 1964.............any other ideas?

5. Maybe Post Pictures so we can see it. I have a friend who has a Pontiac set up and I can then check with him

6. buick320a

buick320a
    from indiana

7. buick320a

buick320a
    from indiana

[​IMG]b

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. buick320a

buick320a
    from indiana

9. buick320a

buick320a
    from indiana

10. All my B&M reference material indicates Pontiac adaptors having a PT prefix.
    Pontiac Chassis 64-66 (GTO & All) requires an adaptor with a part number PT1A-6466

Personally, I'd be surprised if B&M changed the prefix at a later date. That being said, you might possibly have a B&M transmission connected to a different manufacturer's adaptor. Either way, the adaptor looks too 'nice' to be a factory Pontiac part. :)