Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Almost Funny - AWB Barracuda Funny Car Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squirrel, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Yeah ... so .... some of my favorite videos, are those squirrel launcher vids on YouTube.

An elephant with a slingshot, would be a fun, painted graphic .... for the "Squirrel Launcher". :)

Hope to see your car in Arlington tomorrow, if I can swing the traffic from my neck of the woods. Great, great, job on getting this thing together. Amazing actually.

EDIT : Had to come back and share the eternal joys of squirrel launching with you.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  2. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Any progress report? I know the weather was bad when they left but I think it should have passed before the get to that area.

Pat

enloe likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

we got kind of soggy yesterday. Spent the night in Weatherford. hope to be in Arlington in an hour or so.

4. Time to do your anti rain dance.....

5. Good Luck to you guys,...amazing build fer sure,..I do like the name" Squirrel Cage"
    ...hopin the weather cooperates for Drag week...

chryslerfan55 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  6. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Any idea what time Sunday the session starts. Atlanta dragway has a very poor website. So Any info the participants have would help us spectators.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. Mtn Goat

Mtn Goat

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Send me a PM with your email addy and I'll forward an Email advertisement from HRM with the full week's schedule.
    It states Sun. is tech inspection, registration, etc. 8am till 1pm, test and tune noon till 5pm. Mon. is racing 8am till 2pm.
    I'm going to Paradise over at Calhoun, GA for SEGA Sat, plan to rest up a bit and also recharge my mobility scooter's batteries Sun. and hit Commerce Mon morning early. Or at least that's my current plan, always subject to change:D

chryslerfan55 and greasemonkey54 like this.
  9. greybeard360

greybeard360

I warned you about the rain. More today but you should be well east of it by now. The Summit warehouse is huge!! I haven't been in there yet but judging by the size of it, it may take a while to fill an order while you wait.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

If the TX warehouse for Summit is anything like the one here in GA, service is pretty quick. In fact if you know what you want and phone ahead to order, all you have to do is go straight to the cashiers and pay, step 20 feet to the left and sit down on a park bench and in just a few minutes they'll call your name and have your parts. Tn fact there's a video screen where you find your name and follow the progress down to you on bringing parts out.
    They are only about 17-18 miles from me and I phoned my order in and left home last night at 7:24pm, drove there, picked up my parts, and was back home before 9:00pm! Very efficient operation.

11. squirrel

squirrel

It took about 15 minutes to get my parts, not bad. I got some heavier rear springs and extra gaskets. One fellow showed up to see us, that was nice. Should get almost to Georgia tonight.

Sent from my Trimline

12. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Jim I didn't see your name on the entry list. Are you in the "unlimited" class.

Pat

13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Planning to be there Mon. Jim, unless you think Sun. is better, can't make both days.

14. squirrel

squirrel

Monday is racing. Starts early. Sunday is more relaxing, don't know when I'll get done with registration or exactly what will happen with test and tune.

Sent from my Trimline

15. squirrel

squirrel

I'm in A/Gas class on the entry list. Hopefully I'll get to run that class instead of unlimited, but it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my Trimline

16. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Found it!

Pat

enloe likes this.
  17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Jim you are livin the hot rod dream.
    Best of luck to you.

18. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Weather not looking very promising for mid week, possibility of that hurricane coming in that area. May get rained out.

19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

We don't need that kind of talk here. No rain on Jim's parade.

20. squirrel

squirrel

yeah, that happens. We'll see...

I'm in Alabama. only an hour away from Berry, according to the maps thingy on the google.

21. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

A Barracuda, powered by an Elephant, with Squirrel behind the wheel. That would make an interesting headline.

22. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I'm here at home! Be careful going through Birmingham, lots of construction downtown, also construction from MM71 to MM77 on I20 in Tuscaloosa.

squirrel likes this.
  23. You sir have put tremendous effort into this to make it happen. First to build a car like that in 9 months is an achievement itself, then you travel almost 2000 miles to sit in that a-body for a week and race it.

While my hat is off to you, in the same time I'm certain you are totally nuts Jim. Watching the feeds and cheering for you and Brian from Finland. Keep us posted with the inside stories, safe travels!

chryslerfan55, enloe and brad2v like this.
  24. 1949 caddyman

1949 caddyman
    from arizona

Subscribed, didn’t know you were building another car, looks good, good luck at DW!

25. southcross2631

southcross2631

My hat's off to you for your build sir. My build is stalled for empty pockets.

enloe and bd180 like this.
  26. 15 min. for parts is good. Glad you got your stuff. Safe travel to Ga. Go Jim!

enloe likes this.
  27. Be safe on your trip and good luck racing. Can't wait for the pics. Go Squirrel!!!

enloe likes this.
  28. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't do photoshop, but it should get the message across. Good luck Jim!!
    Flying Squirrel.jpg

catdad49, Blues4U, slv63 and 6 others like this.
  29. FLYING Squirrel !!!

4A5FCCBD-20B8-49DA-A9C4-E686C6B867A7.gif

chryslerfan55 and enloe like this.
  30. slowmotion

slowmotion

This just gave me an idea on the name thing, if Jim decides to letter it. Remember Mr. Norm's famous Mopar race cars? "Mr. Forbes.....Flying Circus!"