Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Speedway experience

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big duece, Sep 6, 2018.

1. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

2. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Wow thats Shity!!!!!!!

loudbang likes this.
  3. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Some arse has returned it , contact Speedway they will fix it (send photos). (Edit. Used and returned for refund )

zzford, swade41 and Unkl Ian like this.
  4. C3D4DAD7-B3FA-44B7-B576-BED25670A874.jpeg Speedway first sold the Edelbrock Slingshot for the flathead at $385; now they are at $515 even after Edelbrock reduces their prices overall before Vic’s death. I quit buying from Speedway about 2 years ago and honestly do NOT miss them at all. Flatheads Forever but NOT from Speedway!

Bandit Billy and Unkl Ian like this.

5. it is not just speedway, it is every supplier. at least once a week i get the "booby prize".

kidcampbell71 and Dino 64 like this.
  6. Local parts stores are no different. I bought a set of AC Delco spark plugs a couple of years ago. As AC's have had an ongoing problem of the center electrode not being centered in the plug body for many years (I was a GM parts counterman for a long time) I got in the habit of checking them when I would buy them for my own car carefully. At the counter I opened the boxes, all eight of them had grease and grit in the threads and witness marks on the hex face of the shell.

Now if I had taken them without looking do you think that they would have believed me when I tried to return them saying "That is the way they were when I opened the box"?

I doubt it..........

uncleandy 65 and Truck64 like this.
  7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I always open the box at the counter and check the part. Seen more than one misboxed or used and returned part before.

8. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I guess someone at Speedway forgot to put that one in the garage sale section:eek:

9. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Every time I have bought stuff from Speedway if it had a problem they made it right, from copper gaskets bent on arrival, to high torque starters that were dropped on their ends and the casing was split. Give them the chance to make good on it.

mad mikey, 3340, Racer29 and 3 others like this.
  10. Three Widow's Garage

Three Widow's Garage

Quality control, they had to check and make sure the bolt pattern was right. That's why I prefer buying crap that I know has been used at swap meets. The parts stores here are pretty good but I think just about ever thing at Home Depot has been returned at least once.

'51 Norm and 54vicky like this.
  11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

actually they tested for you first - bad joke - possibly came back returned all sealed up , or someone put it on wrong shelf - contact them for free return shipping tag and send new replacement

12. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Now you get to return the "returned" part.

That part should have been a "refused" return and never restocked in the warehouse.

Speedway apparently has a receiving clerk that isn't A) properly trained to detect an installed car part. B) doesn't give a shit. Or both.

170speeddog and 54vicky like this.
  13. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I'll give them the credit of both for the ^^^^^^^statement
    Its just easier to do it right the first time.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I would understand an item that was incorrectly picked while filling the order, or even damage from freight carriers. We all have had that happen.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

When you sell 100,000 parts, you are bound to mess up once in a while.

16. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

They were checking more than the bolt pattern, this Pig had oil in it. My concern was it on a motor that wiped the cam?

Sent from my SM-G900P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Bought a '40 Willys radiator from Ida when he was into Willys body's. $900 bucks for a new 4 core upright. Comes smelling of Antifreeze & core leaks. Had a local shop build me a new core for $400..............................................

craig b blue likes this.
  18. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ever since one of you pasted about used spark plugs being shoved back in new boxes and sold unknowingly at an auto zone, I open everything. Caveat Emptor

41rodderz, upspirate and Truck64 like this.
  19. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Wheel bearings are another favorite return item. What kind of nicklefvc&$@ installs, removes, and then returns spark plugs anyway?? Why?

20. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Speedway finally contacted me in regards to the oil pan issue. They clearly stated it came in as a returned item and was not checked out before it went back into inventory. They stepped up to the plate and are sending me a new pan no questions asked, no return lable BS to send back the old one. Awesome effort on the back end of the deal, lets try to make the front end of the deal awesome too... took 'em off my sh_t list.

21. thanks for the follow up, glad they made it right.

22. Well, that's not so bad!
    They didn't want the used pan either!
    Now it's a wall hanger, we all need more of them. Plus you can keep the box for when it goes to the swap meet.

23. Yes. Thanks for the follow up.

lothiandon1940 and upspirate like this.
  24. upspirate

upspirate

I was once told when eating at a restaurant with people doing behind the scenes checking up on service, "it's not that a business makes a mistake, it's how they handle it that's important" .
    Good on Speedway for handling this

25. missysdad1

missysdad1

I have felt the need to return items to Speedway for various reasons and they NEVER have given me any grief, but ALWAYS stood behind their merchandise. Mistakes happen.

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's what I figured they would do. Despite all the "1-800- hotrod" bullshit from self proclaimed "purists":rolleyes:, they are a stand up company.

Saxman, wackdaddy, mad mikey and 6 others like this.
  27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I agree totally, they are a stand up company with a couple of glaring exceptions.

1) In the course of building my RPU I bought a new winters quick change and 3 sets of gears. It took 4 years to get to the point of installing gears and then I noticed that I had ordered one of the gear sets incorrectly or more accurately I decided I wanted different ratio options.
    I called them up and was told that even though they had record of my purchase that I could not return a couple of new in the box gear sets to exchange for a couple of sets with different ratios, even though the price was the same as 4 years earlier. o_O

2) When you find that something you have purchased isn't right or not what you need and do return it, you can not get a refund in cash money etc.
    They insist on sending you a Speedway gift card. :mad:
    It's like once we have your money it's ours and we're keeping it.

On the other hand a company like Summit will refund or exchange any item regardless of when you purchased it as long as it's new on a return , and I have even had them pay for return shipping from Canada.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Rich S. likes this.
  28. After a certain amount of time Summit does charge a restocking penalty - I forget if it was 15% or what - but on the stuff I returned, that fee was better than trying to sell the stuff at swap meets.

29. Speedway's been good to me for a long while.