Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 chevy 3w....time for a cool change

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tb33anda3rd, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Król

Król

We a had few strong gusts of wind lightning and hard down pour of rain that lasted for about half an hour. No loss of power, only satellite for 15 minutes.

Bowtie Coupe and tb33anda3rd like this.
  2. We dodged a bullet for sure. The rest of Bridgewater is a mess. I only had had a couple of branches and one tree in the woods that snapped. No loss of power. Feeling very lucky.

3. i have been picking away at getting the grill shell ready for chrome plating. i saw a small pin hole in the lower corner and opened it up. i kept cutting till the rot on the back side was gone. i then made a patch, welded it in and polished it smooth. DSCF0005.JPG DSCF0001.JPG DSCF0002.JPG DSCF0003.JPG DSCF0004.JPG

4. Nice work!

Stogy and tb33anda3rd like this.
  5. Looks great, just like it disappeared!

Stogy and tb33anda3rd like this.
  6. Hey 33 is that Charlie's work ...

7. Charlie taught me.....

8. Charlie fire his red PU hot rod today

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  9. F&J

F&J

chevys.jpg

Hey Ted, I just now missed a phone call from the guy who owns all those 33-34 Chevy roadsters/conv. He is hosting all the 33/34 guys from Cal and Washington again as part of their annual Hershey get-together. Anyways, he called to see if I would let the whole tribe come look at my cars around OCT 5/6..

playing phone tag this moment, but I will get you two 33 Chevy freaks hooked up by phone before Hershey. You just got to get up to his place at some point. I can't tell you what I felt as I saw these roadsters lined up in that big place. Nice guy, too.

Bowtie Coupe, TFoch and tb33anda3rd like this.
  10. thanks Frank. maybe i could come on oct 5/6 also?

Bowtie Coupe, F&J and TFoch like this.
  11. Take some pictures if you do!!!

Bowtie Coupe, F&J and tb33anda3rd like this.
  12. will do. maybe you could meet us also?

Bowtie Coupe and TFoch like this.
  13. That would be cool. Keep me up to date if it works out that you're going.
    Tom

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  14. F&J

F&J

Sure, and any others who want to come. I can park 50 cars easy lol. They would pee their pants if your 33 Chevy was sitting in the lot.

>>>Edit, just got the call...set up for Oct 5th, they will be here in the morning, arriving 8 to 9 am. They might be here a couple of hours. He said 8 or 9 guys are coming but I have no idea if they will drive any Chevys to here. Forgot to ask. lol

Weird thing ....A different retired guy from Washington State joined hamb a couple of years ago, just to offer his spare parts on someone's Nash thread here, parts from a 20 year long project..a 32 Nash steetrod. I ended up with pieces I thought I'd never find, and dirt cheap...he would not take my offer, said it was too high!.... Ok, so get this, he recently said his girlfriend went to my high school in CT, decades ago...WTH? So they are coming to CT sometime in October to see some friends of hers from school, and he is coming here to see my 32 Nash.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Tim, Stogy, Bowtie Coupe and 2 others like this.
  15. a screen shot from an old video of the car racing at dover drag strip. Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 9.53.51 PM.png

16. Love the white walls!

17. chevy guy approved........ IMG_5014.JPG IMG_5015.JPG

18. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

Awesome!! Would love to hear the story behind that picture!! Such a great car with some very cool history - thanks for sharing all this!!

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  19. he was in the area for a charity golf tournament and stopped in to see the new shop.

20. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

Very Cool!!!

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  21. thanks to the Semintini family for sharing their home video. IMG_5567.JPG IMG_5569.JPG IMG_5570.JPG IMG_5571.JPG IMG_5572.JPG IMG_5574.JPG IMG_5575.JPG IMG_5576.JPG

22. Looks like your car, except the guy driving knows how to! :p Looks like he did a number on that Ford.:eek:

23. IMG_7801.JPG IMG_7802.JPG dad and I took the car up to Limerock today. there was a mix of races and the last VRG club race of pre war race cars.

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ted, were you parked overlooking the uphill? I know they have upgraded the track, I just don't remember things looking that way? Bob

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  25. Bob, those pictures were from the top of the uphill on the track, right before the turn going under the bridge.
    we basically drove around and watched from different spots, so my dad didn't have to walk far. we eventually drove over to S turns and set up chairs on the hill. this was our view from there. IMG_7823.JPG

26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Lime Rock is a really nice track, they put a lot of money into the upgrades. Bob

Bowtie Coupe and loudbang like this.
  27. forgot to post these photos, Mallomike found me a standard rear fender at Hershey. I will clean this up and save it as a spare. IMG_8150.JPG IMG_8151.JPG IMG_8152.JPG IMG_8153.JPG

28. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

nice find im sure you will coax it back to top shape .

29. it is interesting that the fender is for a standard rumble coupe. they only made 1903 of them. the fender was also painted metallic green.....what are the odds?

Bowtie Coupe, Stogy, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  30. If the price on the tag is correct, that's a great deal!

Bowtie Coupe, Stogy and loudbang like this.