Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Great choice on going with the 327 Fred, and good luck with your job interviews!

2. patman

patman

Fingers crossed for ya on the interviews!

loudbang, 26 T Ford RPU and Blue One like this.
  3. Good luck on your interviews, @tfeverfred! Liking the way your T is coming together.

26 T Ford RPU and tfeverfred like this.
  4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, nothing to do today. Still waiting for word from my interviews. So, I thought it had been a while, since I rolled my project into the sunlight. 100+ degrees, so I didn't spend a lot of time posing, but it felt good to play with the old girl.:) Man, I love black cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  5. nobux

nobux

20180902_091225.jpg

Drove mine today for the first time in over a year. While I was waiting for an opening at the body shop, I sewed up the seat and tonneau covers. With each addition of white upholstery, the color grew on me a little bit more. The San Marino red I had decided on will have to wait.
    The car rides good. I lowered the kick up 2", pulled a leaf out of the rear spring. Adding the bed really changed the look of the car in a good way IMHO.
    I have a fuel drip to fix, front brakes need adjusting , and I want to make up interior side panels. Easy fixes. There is a month of t-bucket weather left to enjoy. 20180902_081829.jpg

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  6. I really like the way your Bucket looks, it sits nice with clean and uncluttered lines...very cool!! :cool::cool::D JW

chryslerfan55, loudbang and AndersF like this.
  7. That looks just right! Hits the mark before the style turned toward excess.

26 T Ford RPU and loudbang like this.
  8. gonzo

gonzo

Wow car looks great but only a month of T Bucket weather left to enjoy? I'm never moving to Minnesota. I thought we had it tough in Boston.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  9. rhtfo

rhtfo

Love the stance and your colours you've got right now. Just looks good. I may have missed it, but what size front / rear tires are you using ? They make the car "look" right.

Sent from my SM-N910V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. nobux

nobux

The fronts are Firestone 165R15's and the rears are Starfire 235/75-15's. The rake is all rubber. The rear of the frame before the kick up sits 2 1/2" higher than the front, which is the same difference in tire diameter.

A longer drive today showed that the ride is a lot better running 4 instead of 5 leaves in the rear, but now the driveshaft hits the floor on hard bumps. So I either raise the rear again, or cut the floor under the seat for a bigger tunnel.

I think I'll stop and pick up some resin and mat this week for a bigger tunnel. Raising the rear is just a crutch instead of fixing the problem.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    chryslerfan55 and brEad like this.
  11. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Not that my opinion matters, but I held my tongue earlier in saying I think your car would look great sitting an inch or two higher in the rear. It's a clean bucket either way; that was just my initial impression. Enjoy the nice weather while it's still here!

12. nobux

nobux

Tim, I know what you are saying. The pictures make it look like a lot more of a taildragger than it actually is. I still have the 265's that I took off the rear. They would give it a little more visual punch. It might be worth the time to swap them on.

13. AndersF

AndersF

Just rise the back for the moment and drive it. Then fix it like you want in the winter.

Bearcat_V8, brEad and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  14. nobux

nobux

20180907_122600.jpg

Here it is with a 2" taller rear tire and a 1" block on top of the rear spring. It'd be nice to find a little narrower tire than these 265/75's. I like the height, but not the width. It was definitely great roadster weather today for the drive to work .

gonzo, N.Ozols, brEad and 5 others like this.
  15. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Car sits perfect now ... If I had a complaint , it's the box , looks (to me) like it's going downhill .... critique is worth what you paid for it ...

16. AndersF

AndersF

Its always difficult to get the image of the car in the head to reality.
    But you have problaby the best looking T-bucket in just any chow you take it to as is.

chryslerfan55 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  17. nobux

nobux

Thanks for the kind words. They might be a tad exaggerated , but I'll take them. :cool:.

There's a lot of things left I want to change to get it to where I want it. The headers will get modified. I want to chop off the collectors and run 4 individual pipes to the same length. The car will get a set of mags and cheater slicks. My first post of my car in this thread had Cragar SS's and Hurst slicks. I want it to look like it came from the pages of Car Craft, circa 64-65. I'm slowly getting there.

In the mean time, I'll keep on driving it.

N.Ozols, AndersF and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. Bearcat_V8 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  19. patman

patman

20. upspirate

upspirate

I'm sure Fred will take some styling ques from the blue one.
    I kinda like the red tub though with a few things changed.....

21. My kid's buddy found a buyer for my T; so I'm now roadster-less. While my '35 coupe is OK, it is not the same as open wheel, wind in your face hot rod. Probably have to do something about the situation; but a little more bad knees/hips friendly, like an A (don't tell the wife).
    t bucket bp.jpg

22. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Rich, I love your bucket. Your front tires- are they 5.60-15? How wide are your front wheels? Any pictures from head on?

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Wow, Rich. I'm sure it went to a good home and I wish you well on the next project.

24. Yes; 5.60x15. Pretty sure the wheels were 5-1/2" wide. Closest I could find to a head on picture.
    FRONT 1.jpeg

25. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Thank you! Extremely helpful!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

26. gonzo

gonzo

Not sure if this has been posted already but I stumbled on this cool article about Marcus Edell's T bucket.
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and AndersF like this.
  27. Found another; still not head on; but shows what's there a little clearer.
    FRONT X.jpg

28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, guys, it's been a while, but here's the latest. Well, I FINALLY got a job. I start Monday. :) I would start in an assembly plant, then in a few months, I planned to move into their warehouse.

But 30 minutes later, a supervisor in the warehouse, noticed my resume and wants to interview me for a Receiving Clerk position (which was my last job). Bottom line, soon I'll have financial support for my T Bucket addiction.

29. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Congratulations that’s great news Fred I hope the job works out and gives you the income and security you need.

30. I like good news and that's really great, looking forward to seeing more progress soon.:cool::cool: JW

chryslerfan55 and Nicholas Coe like this.