Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Is it just me?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 31, 2018.

1. I fix a lot of car problems when I lay down a night, a lot of stuff gets organized and prioritized, then I sleep real good. :D

2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Just wait until you have two projects going on at the the same time, one automotive related and the other something else. You jump between the two, solving problems here and there. Then you wake up with a headache thinking about all the money you gotta spend....

3. jim snow

jim snow

Normal. Always thinking about improvements. Especially at bedtime. Snowman

Deuces and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Nope ...it's only you, I lay my head down and go right to sleep:rolleyes:.......I wish

5. Duellym

Duellym

I'm thinking about projects i wanna do 75% of the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. texkbc

texkbc

7. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Hey, that's my habit too. I go to bed about 1AM, go to sleep about 2:30 cause my mind won't shut off thinking about what I am going to do in the morning, wake up about 4 to 4:30, take a wizz and check out the HAMB goings on and go back to bed about 5AM. Then wake up about 7AM and get up. Damn good thing I retired 5 years ago, I couldn't take it if I had to work on 4 hours sleep or less. The boss probably wouldn't understand the afternoon nap I take some days!

8. No it's just you....please seek some consoling........

9. All this time I thought there must be something wrong with me. Now I’m thinking there’s something wrong with you guys too.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, that is the reason I have them, I dream about them. If I dream about one long enough I can get a very clear picture of the finished car, then I sell it. Never got a project to the point I need to have it wired, and I'm ok with that. Bob

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  11. dwollam

dwollam

Yep, me too. I also get a lot of thinking done in the shower.

Dave

12. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

At least you are not ordering parts that have been on backorder for eight months... like arm rests for a 57 Ford Fairlane. Wondering where they are, if they will fit, when they will come....

Oh Crap, that's me !

13. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Yes, I'm the same too. But I have the frustration of lacking the wherewithal, money, time, energy, to do anything about it. And the more diminished my resources are, the wilder my flights of fancy get.

The past week or so it was trying to figure out the hydraulic circuitry of a ZF 5HP19 transmission to see what it would take to turn it into a non-computerized clutchless manual gearbox.

If I could monetize this activity I'd be stinking rich ...

My wife, of all people, just reminded me of an old theory of mine. The male inability to multi-task is actually because as a general rule we're always multi-tasking already. We're already doing whatever it is we're doing and designing a piece of machinery/solving the world's political economy/trying to figure out why there's no ignition, at the same time. Add another task, like having a polite conversation, and we run out of brain.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  14. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

My wife seems to think I run out of brain years ago, I guess I'm lucky she knows EVERYTHING:rolleyes:

15. Retired is good with all of the time in the world to accomplish what you never could while working:oops:. Then comes along the "finish" of one project, my '51 Ford only to discover, it isn't as done as you thought:mad:. After having started a carpentry project the is weather dependent on not getting rained on. So, yea, you lay there at night, trying to go to sleep with all of these things on your mind. Worse than when working with all of the pressure and headaches:rolleyes:? Stress levels are definitely a lot less, quit smoking after 40+ years:cool:. I guess just knowing the end of life is creeping up on you but remain comfortable with your decisions evens it all out.:)

16. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Good for you! I've got about 3 years before I can retire, and I'm hoping the stress levels drop for me, too. And hope I can quit smoking myself by then.

17. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

There are days I’ll get in the recliner for 10-15 minutes,close my eyes and do what I call “research”........solves a lot of issues. :rolleyes:

18. I've tried to get my bride to console me at 3 AM but she ain't having it nor is she remotely interested in compassion or passion in the wee hours of the morning.:D

Perhaps counseling along the lines of a accredited professional would be more logical. HRP

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  19. I do my best sleeping, uh research:D, in the butt down feet up comfort in my recliner, what my wife refers to as the "Man killer", she often says if I stretch out I'm gone. HRP

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

21. 3340

Deuces and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. I wonder how I got anything done before I retired, I seem to work harder & spin my wheels more now than when I was working 60 plus hours a week when I had my own retail business. :rolleyes: HRP

23. You can. With support. my wife. and patches along with nicotine lozenges. I never did finish the last step of the patches, so yes you have to want to.

24. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

After putting up with my crap for over 40 years; chrome pieces in the guest room, wheels in the office, occasional motorcycle frames in the living room.... I'm just happy that she is still here with me.:rolleyes::cool::):)

25. I parked my '56 HD Panhead in the kitchen, the old Harley's marked their spot and the oil cleaned up easier off linoleum than the carpet in the living room. HRP

26. Deuces

Deuces

I've been smoking since I was 14... Now days I go through at least 2 packs a day... :(
    I need to quit!!:(

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  27. oldsman41

oldsman41

It s not a hobby its a habit that what dad told me

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. From what I have been told it's a hard habit to kick.

I feel fortunate in the fact that I have lived to be 68 years old and have never had the desire to smoke a cigarette. HRP

29. Deuces

Deuces

Good for you Danny.... Don't ever start!!!! ;)

30. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HRP your completely normal. In fact this site is filled with normal folks who have the exact same condition!