Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Found this Girdle ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stillrunners, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Also at this machine shop was what appears to be a nicely made girdle - not like my uncle made back in the late 50's....I actually did get to see it and it was just like some one would make in a shop...sadly lot's of his stuff was passed on as the nostalgic craze took hold. See what you think -

Attached Files:

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

If that started out as a billet of steel, that is an astonishing amount of whittling! :confused:

Impressive.........

Ray

54vicky and loudbang like this.
  3. At first I thought you found something under the back seat that was forgot in haste.... :eek:

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

That would have to been from an old woman and/or an old car....:D

Ray

5. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ray,
    Sometime ask me about me, my college girlfriend, a "panty girdle", and a Corvair coupe.:D

chryslerfan55, Hnstray and loudbang like this.
  6. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Looks like something Joe Mondello made.

loudbang likes this.
  7. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Probably cast steel, then machined, would be my guess. My nephew could do this in his CNC Aerospace Machine Shop, but even then, it would take a while; it could be cut out of a billet of steel, but the amount of time involved would make it realistically too expensive for anyone to afford, unless you were Boeing, like he frequently deals with.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

chryslerfan55, Hnstray and loudbang like this.
  8. Now Ray, there is nothing wrong with an "old woman" especially one with lots of experience:rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Walt, I wholeheartedly agree! Being an ‘old man’ myself, I have adapted to the realities of age appropriate opportunities........and, in my youth, did my best to provide them with that ‘experience’. Sort of a form of paying into Social Security for benefits later....:D

10. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Denny, stop by on your way South this year and I’ll buy dinner.......and ask...;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. 54vicky

54vicky

the younger crowd are scratching their heads saying what the hell are they talking about in both the uses:D

12. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hahahaha...
    Marcus...

13. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Hnstray I agree and Butch I don't disagree but a casting made that thin along the pan rails would seem prone to cracking I would think. I've never seen one in person it is an interesting piece. I wonder what it fits? And maybe it is not for an engine at all but somehow I doubt that. Questions, questions, questions.

Pat

chryslerfan55 and Hnstray like this.
  14. Very cool garage art!

15. yep...it's a heavy piece....the only anything on it is - A A A - on the middle cradle...it does have those Allen screws that look like they just set the support.

16. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Mopar?? If any else, it could hold logs in the firebox this winter.

17. drumyn29

drumyn29

Does anyone know much about Ansen girdles? I think I'm going to use it in a NON race motor with all 60's parts.

IMG_5229.jpg IMG_5230.jpg IMG_5231.jpg

18. BJR

BJR

So there are some benefits to being an old fart after all. Who would have thunk it.:p

stillrunners and Texas Webb like this.
  19. Nice girdle there '29......

kidcampbell71 likes this.