Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Interesting comments when stopped for the light

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Totally agree, I'm 68 and Brenda & I have been married 46 years. HRP

wicarnut, scott27, X-cpe and 4 others like this.
  2. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

You would be shocked at how many grown men, and women, ask me what my car is. Almost every show. . . 20170820_181056.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Nailhead A-V8 and chevy57dude like this.
  3. Slopok

Slopok

My Grandpa had a Hudson just like yours but he didn't have the big fire sticker on his!

Or what's it got in it?

I reply it has a Flathead.

Then they ask, gonna fix it?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    pitman likes this.
  4. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

The y block came out in ‘54 Ford’s sold the US but In Canada ‘54 still had a flathead until ‘55.

Last weekend some guy saw the y block in my ‘54 and said “welcome to Canada”,
    Obviously he Didn’t notice the Ontario Licence plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stogy likes this.
  5. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Actually, my wife came along right after this girl, and knew everything about her, and what happened. My wife knows I'd never even think about stepping out on her. She was't threatened in any way, and it's been about 6 years now since the ClassMates.Com thing, and that other relationship happened about 46 years ago. However, now and then, when my wife does get upset with me, she sometimes says, "you can go back with Lori if you want", somewhat sarcastically. NO WAY, NO HOW! Our 26 year old daughter even thinks it's funny.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

MRTS33 likes this.
  6. gatz

gatz

Ha Ha ...luv it, makes one wonder about certain human's thought processes or lack thereof.

7. Bigblue61

Bigblue61

I had just about the same thing happen to me. He said "it sounds a little loud" I replied "nah, you just got big ears" and he just laughed

wackdaddy, Stogy and Truck64 like this.
  8. "My dad had one exactly like this, except his was a Dodge and was a wagon"

Stogy likes this.
  9. Which is to say that @ladyhrp is 39?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

wicarnut likes this.
  10. Had some older guy ask me when I was out with the '59, "what's that, a '48 Ford?". I told him he really knows his old Fords...

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Geese,
    I’ve got a 27 T-RPU. Thinking about the above statement in 9 model years, I’ll have a 100 year old car that will be a current year model, so I wonder how wide their eyes will get when I tell em it’s a “27”!!!! ;). 9EB0086E-16BA-4663-B7B3-C5348D360A0D.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. LOL "What ya got in that thang."

Katey used to get some good ones while she was motoring the Willys around the neighborhood to practice driving. Her best one was, "what year is that Ford?"

I get an awful of, "is that a sportster?", when I am on my bike.

10171868_1476644429214696_1163328097_n.jpg

[​IMG]

Boneyard51 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Latest remark I got was from a sorta cute gal who was standing in line to prepay for self service gas and I was doing a "pay at the pump" right across from her.
    First it was "Hey mister, what year is that car?" "31" I replied.
    Next comment verbatim, "Shit man, that fuckin' little car is bad ass":confused::eek::cool:

wicarnut, Stogy and David Gersic like this.
  14. alwaysamopar

alwaysamopar

Or ... Isn't that none of those AMF's???.... Nice shovel! I wouldn't trade mine for nothing

Sent from my SM-G900V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

Boneyard51 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. I once had a lady asking if my O/T beater Suburban was an old state vehicle because I had painted half of it with some leftover blue paint over the original school bus yellow, in an effort to slow down the rust that eventually killed it.

I had painted it with a roller, literally, it looked like hell.

So far as I know the only state cars painted that way were State Trooper police cars up until around 1985.

Not long after I got the chance to swap out some parts and it became a brown and white truck.

16. In this millennium not even the people my age know what a Bowling Ball is, with few exceptions.

Always love to see the guy with the dew ragm and all the leather and bells and chains and jewlry who walks up and says, "What year is that Sporster?" You know for fact that he had a crisis and now that motorcycles are acceptable in the main stream he has one.

Actually same with hot rods. I was cruising with a friend last year, he has a '34 3 window coupe. Red as the day is long, he calls it "nut grabbing red". This guy rolls up in his yuppymobile and says, "Nice roadster, I got a T roadster just like it." I always think to myself, 'yea and my mom was a saint.'

17. Out of the mouth of babes! :rolleyes: HRP

18. GuyW

GuyW

...driving my '34 Chevy PU with exposed 371 Olds, 2-4s and headers thru Pacific Beach CA 1974-ish. Park at the curb and get out to see an old guy standing there looking at my truck, and he asks, "whatever made you think of doing a thing like that?"

David Gersic and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. woodsnwater

woodsnwater
    from North Al.

That's funny as hell. You have a pic of the 31? Or the cute gal with good taste in cars?

20. This is Dave's roadster at the track.

upload_2018-8-21_14-38-2.jpeg

I'm a old fart but when I was a teenager girls didn't talk like that, I guess I must have associated with classier girls that didn't curse like the proverbial sailor. HRP

scott27, chryslerfan55 and TagMan like this.
  21. jeepsterhemi

jeepsterhemi

When I stop at a red light in my old car, I heard no comments from poeple on the sidewalk.....but at least they stand-up respectfully.....

22. woodsnwater

woodsnwater
    from North Al.

I'm a old fart but when I was a teenager girls didn't talk like that, I guess I must have associated with classier girls that didn't curse like the proverbial sailor. HRP[/QUOTE]
    I must be an old fart too then. The car IS bad ass though.

23. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best for me was from my wife at the time! We lived in Omaha, NE and I had been working hard on a "just barely off-topic" Vette roadster (427 with Doug Nash 5 Speed). Early one Sunday morning we drove it to the park maybe a mile or two from our house to take some photos of it. It was in primer and I had just got all the body parts back on it etc. but mechanically it was more than ready to roll (including open headers)!

On the way back we are sitting all alone rumbling at a stop light near 72nd. and Center Streets headed East. I am already thinking about just letting it rip but figure she would not be happy about it. Anyway about that time a late 60s shortbed Chevy rolls up beside us. He give me a thumbs up and revs the truck a bit. The light turns green and he blows off burning the tires. I start to slowly pull away when my wife says, "Well isn't this what you are building this stupid thing for?"

I said you are good to go? She said yes and I dropped the hammer hard. We are all kinds of sideways in the first three gears and suck the paint off the pickup as we went by. We are sitting at the next light when he rolls back up, smiling and sort of giving the "we are unworthy bow" in the cab. My wife is white as a sheet. That was the first and last time she ever road in the Vette! LOL

24. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"I'm a old fart but when I was a teenager girls didn't talk like that, I guess I must have associated with classier girls that didn't curse like the proverbial sailor. HRP"

I agree 110% , HRP ! In my worst years of debauchery, hearing a girl pop off with the "F" word, turned me off immediately.

25. BJR

BJR

I agree 110% , HRP ! In my worst years of debauchery, hearing a girl pop off with the "F" word, turned me off immediately.[/QUOTE]
    All depends on when and where you both are when she says it! :rolleyes:

26. I had another nimrod yesterday, honking his horn at me when I was on the road doing about 60... this is a scary piece of highway and they're doing construction to boot. But this f-head is not giving up. Scared the ship out of me, thought someone was going to run into me. He got the single digit salute and a couple of choice words.

HOTRODPRIMER and chryslerfan55 like this.
  27. LOL if we ae talking about wives, mine once stuck her head under the hood of my '55 Ford the day before a race and wanted to know two things, one did I want company and the other did I want a donut.

By far the silliest questions ever to be put before me. :eek::p:eek::eek::eek:

28. jimmy959

jimmy959

I normally get a lot of thumbs up-type reactions in my ’57 – big cam, long-tube headers and Flowmaster 40s (always gets attention). But one Sunday while on a shake-down run in my neighborhood after doing some small repairs, I was pulling up to a stop sign and a little kid on his bike – must’ve been around 8 years old – just yelled out to me “cool car!” as I was pulling away from the intersection. I smiled and gave him the thumbs up. Reminded me of myself at that age.

29. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I had a four door 55 Ford that my grandpa gave me, with a 272 in it, ran sweet. Well I put a 430 MEL in it, kept the quiet stock

dual exhaust system.
    Had many such events in the four years I had it. Lots of fun.

Bones

30. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I must be an old fart too then. The car IS bad ass though.[/QUOTE]
    Yea I never heard my girlfriend curse till I married her.

X-cpe likes this.