Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Drags Thank You

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NoSurf, Aug 28, 2006.

1. NoSurf

NoSurf

What a great weekend!

Thanks to Mark (General Gow) for flying out from Boston and co-piloting down. I just got the coupe registered on Wednesday after we got back from KCI, so we trailered it down to Joplin through the scenic flint hills of Kansas.

Thanks to Tom (T-squared, HAMBcharger dodge) and Mr. Jim (lurker) for having my back on the haul down, and for getting us to the swap and back, and letting me drive the HAMBcharger a bit on the poker run. And a hundred other things.

Thanks to everyone for helping me with my throttle linkage on the coupe in the Ramada parking lot Friday; Kerry, Raven, Choprods and others.

Thanks to the Poker Run squad. What a great time!

Thanks to the guys that helped me get the points in my pick-up Saturday, I made it home ok, but the “Woody Combs Special” might need a heart transplant.

Thanks to everyone on the compliments on my coupe. I more than met my goal of having it there, since I got to make 3 passes at the strip. One against my good buddy Jeff (highboy32) with his flatty powered ’32 5 window he drove down from Omaha.

Thanks to my HAMB family I got to see again this year. Denise, Aaron, Nick, Kerry, Raven61, Greg, Fiddy, Roadstar, El P, Greezy, BobK, Kevin, Ryan, Jim Marlatt, and so many others!

Thanks to the HAMBers I got to meet this year: FatAbone, Dirty2, Dirty31, KCMongo, 40studedude, Rashy, 35pickup, heavyTLC, stan292, DW, and tons of others!

Thanks to everyone else that came from all over. It was great to see such a great turnout.

Thanks to Ryan and crew for putting on such a kick-ass event.

And if you didn’t go- that’s ok, hopefully we will see you next year! I know I will be there.

2. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Im so ready for next year.

If i cross my little fingers, maybe you will be at the pileup in october!

NoSurf likes this.
  3. raven

raven

wow I made the family list...

I couldn't think of any better way to spend a few minutes on a sunny Saturday morning than tinkering on a cool Model A coupe with a flatty in it.
    Good job on the build and for actually getting it there, not to mention thrashing it down the quarter mile.
    Glad to see you again.
    r

NoSurf likes this.
  4. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm so stoked you got to bring your coupe. Pretty nuts considering what you started with - and it looks good. Really sets right.

The way you shortened that throttle linkage is great - I'd be the guy setting on the curb wondering where I can find a way to cut it and join it back together. A pair of pliers and four bends later and you're running.

NoSurf likes this.

5. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

It's was good to meet you this weekend. And great timing with the tarp. PM me an address for where to send a tarp to. It came in handy with the rain!

NoSurf likes this.
  6. NoSurf

NoSurf

Nick- I am going to try to make that happen.

Raven- It was kinda idyllic wasn't it? Sometimes you need a few friends on the other side of the firewall.

Kev- Thanks man, next year spooklite for sure! You car looked excellent as always.

Buzzard- I think that tarp belongs to someone else, mine was in my pickup when I got home. It was great to meet you and finally see one of my favorite A coupes in person!

7. OK, what were your times.??

NoSurf likes this.
  8. Dirty2

Dirty2

Glad to meet you also !!! What a blast !!!!

NoSurf likes this.
  9. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

I would like to also say thanks to everyone. I have to say thanks to Mr Nosurf for throwing down the gauntlet. Without his encouragement and promise about his own car being there, I probably wouldnt have drove there. It was worth it every mile on the way there without a charging system and every mile home in the rain. Glad to here you made it home . I am working on getting some pics of our coupes on the strip.

Thanks Jay!

jeff

Malcolm and NoSurf like this.
  10. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

Hey Jay! It was our pleasure... after all, you started it last year!

Jim and I had a blast with the HAMBCHARGERS dodge; and yes we broke the 20.0 barrier.

Thanks Glenn for working so hard on the HOLLEY. we wouldn`t have made it without you... Did the transmission ever show up?

I met so many people, and had so much fun, if I died tonight , it would be OK!

Hey General! let me know when you go through puberty again!!!

NoSurf likes this.
  11. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

Hey Buzzerd! you can keep the tarp...glad we could help!

Tom T.

NoSurf likes this.
  12. guiseart

guiseart

A short thanks to all that offered to help me also... the wife couldn't believe that (laying in a motel parking lot wrestling with a big block radiator) fifty people offered help and/or tools, and I only personally knew only ten of them. It then dawned on her why I hang-out on this damn website so much.

Got her all buttoned up (thanks Rashy, u rock), beat the shit out of the 454 on the way home and never broke 205 degrees. Must of got all them clamps tight! And thanks to whomever sent my wife back with a cold Bud... lifesaver!

NoSurf likes this.
  13. Dude, people like you and the car you have make this place.

The way you pieced that body togeather with pieces from hamb guys all over is jsut too cool.

I couldn't be happier to have met friends like you here.

Hey, less than a year till the next HAB Drags already:D

NoSurf likes this.
  14. NoSurf

NoSurf

HAMB Drags memories.

Nick32vic, Corn Fed and Malcolm like this.
  15. Come to this one guy!

NoSurf and kidcampbell71 like this.
  16. NoSurf

NoSurf

I'll be there in spirit. Post lots of pics!!!

hiboy32 likes this.
  17. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

This is the one! The first HAMB Drags I went to (2006), with an offer to ride with @hiboy32 -- Thank you, Jeff for starting me down this road. I haven't missed one since.

Jay, I hope you can make it next year!

hiboy32, Tim, Nick32vic and 2 others like this.
  18. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Ah the good old days. I remember seeing nosurf's patchwork coupe for the 1st time in the La Quinta parking lot.
    I think I'll wear my 2006 T-shirt this year.

hiboy32, cactus1, NoSurf and 2 others like this.
  19. NoSurf

NoSurf

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    hiboy32, Tim, cactus1 and 1 other person like this.
  20. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

I truly miss those days

NoSurf likes this.