Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Build: 1930 Tudor Sedan

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Macstoy, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Macstoy

Macstoy
    from Alaska

I have been sitting back in the bleachers on this forum for a long time I have finally aquired the car to start a build. Here is my new to me '30 Tudor Sedan on the trailer on its way to my house. Going to build a traditional hot rod out of it and now that I am retired from the Army I will have the time to do it. I will be posting a lot more on here as I start to acquire parts, and get to building this winter.

The goal is to have this at the "park strip" here in Anchorage next August. It may not be finished however it will be driving in some sort of fashion or another.

The car was a daily driver till '93 then was turned into a chicken coop. A friend of mine found the car down the road from his place and he purchased it to build it. As things would have it I acquired it from him a week ago. Look forward to this build and any input from anyone on here is appreciated.

End result is to be a 4" or 5" chop small block 283. Maybe a modern trans for drive-ability
    Fenderless whitewalls on steelies etc.

I know the car wont be period correct all the way through but I want it to look that way from the outside.

I have been dreaming about these cars since I was a kid so I am finally getting after it.

Attached Files:

2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Congrats and thanks for your service! Make sure you do a build thread.

Macstoy likes this.
  3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

May your long Alaskan nights be filled with welding and grinding arcs...northern lights indeed!

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

looks good - have fun

5. Domesticsonly

Domesticsonly

Congratulations! Looks like a good starting point.

Macstoy likes this.
  6. Life is short. Build your dream car! Good on you for serving the country, many thanks. Winter here is all I can take. Brr, Alaska..

Macstoy likes this.
  7. HuskerNation

HuskerNation

Heated Garage is the solution! About 4 years ago we moved into our current house & it has a heated garage. I’ll never go without one now.

Looks like it will be a great project for you, look forward to updates!

I think my childhood dream car was the (original) Batmobile...

Macstoy and deadbeat like this.
  8. Ed Angel

Ed Angel

Cool car , I’ve watched that car sit in a field for 20 years and the owners wouldn’t sell it . I was happy to hear a friend of mine Matt ended up with it a while back . Good to see your going to build your dream car with it . If you need anything let me know . Good to see another HotRod being built up here . There’s a pretty good network of guys up here that you will surely run into .
    Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Outback and Macstoy like this.
  9. Macstoy

Macstoy
    from Alaska

are you up here in AK? I haven't seen many other hotrodders up here!

10. 392

Nice. Have fun.

11. Ed Angel

Ed Angel

Yep in Peters Creek , there’s a few guy up here . I’ll send you my contact in a PM.

Macstoy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. cederholm

cederholm

Nice start! I'm in the same situation. Looking forward to watching your progress.

~ Carl

13. Ed Angel

Ed Angel

Nice to meet you last night and hang around the shop . Looking forward to seeing your car unfold into your vision .
    Ed

Macstoy likes this.
  14. Congratulations, looking forward to seeing what you do with the car. HRP

15. Macstoy

Macstoy
    from Alaska

Well here it goes I said I would produce the build I finally have enough parts to get this car on the road. I am using my original model a kingpins till I can get the right ones. I ended up cheating a little bit and cant claim the frame fabrication. The frame the sedan came off of was bent and another local hamber had this for sale. I split the 30 bones and welded in the bungs and mounted them up. I am not completely sold on this truck grill I think it looks alright. I just wanted something a little different. I have a 51 Truck dash (edited) that was sent from Maine from another hamber on here. I have opened a hotrod shop since I retired so we should be able to make some good progress on this if I don't get too busy with the paying stuff.
    Body and chassis together.jpg Model A Roller 2.jpg Model A roller.jpg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    Outback, Just Gary and Budget36 like this.
  16. Macstoy

Macstoy
    from Alaska

Also as I looked at the beginning of this thread a lot has happened since I started it. The SBC is out and it is currently going late flathead or if what I have worked out pans out a baby hemi may be in the mix.

Outback and Budget36 like this.
  17. Macstoy

Macstoy
    from Alaska

I have really been terrible and not posted a thing in here for ever. I have the body on the frame now more to clear up shop space. As soon as I can get some steel the channeling will begin.

Outback and milwscruffy like this.
  18. Macstoy

Macstoy
    from Alaska

I am still alive. The car is body on its frame and a minor twist to this build. I am keep the hood, and adding a big block and a m22. In the pics below I just set it in the frame to check my ride height. The engine mounts are in the mail. Don't hammer me for the firewall just yet. I axed it out of the way.... I am reversing it and planning on doing something with the sheet I patch in. With regards to the build I have 61 olds holiday 88 The dash is coming out of for the car, moving it in the early 60s but using what I have. I have been sitting here trying to get the 331 Hemi and 6-61 blower dialed in and I am missing too many things that will prolong it further than what I already have.

I will be swapping the hemi and changing this car up in the future. Also the only pic I can find on here with the body just sittin on the frame has a washer and a dryer in the way..... 20230914_133156.jpg 20230914_132027.jpg 20230914_113358.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  19. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Thanks for the updates, Keep at it :)