Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Another crash at car show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oilguy, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oilguy

Oilguy

From The Dalles Chronicle, Oregon. Last Friday the 10th a 53 year old guy was doing a burnout at the close of a downtown car show, lost control, hit a parked vehicle which injured a spectator. The car rolled and burned. The driver was injured and charged with second degree assault. There is a photo at The Dalles Chronicle website. I don't know that I can legally post it. Sorry.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

extra short wheelbase, tons of power, sticky tires, testosterone fueled old guy - what could possibly go wrong?

Sactownog, rjones35, Spoggie and 11 others like this.
  3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Burnouts have no place on public streets...imo. Whatever 'Goodwill' car hobbyists achieve with orderly car shows is easily lost and tough to regain when the public is affected. Dumbass car and dumbass behavior.

edit: don't blame testosterone....in normal males that peaks from late teens into early 20's...certainly doesn't mean it's gone, just reducing....stupidity however, that can last a lifetime.

Ray

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018

4. 53 is old?!?!?! Crimeny.......I must be a fossil

5. Terrible80

Terrible80

Says the guy was pulling the front tires earlier. What a moron. Take it to the strip if you want to show how bad it is.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Sactownog, WDobos, wojojo and 7 others like this.
  6. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

Similar thing happened here at a large monthly gathering last year, an idiot (old guy) in a Model-A got squirrely, lost control and hit a new Corvette parked along the curb, nearly tore the left rear wheel of the Vette completely off. Same place, different month, a redneck (young guy) in a crappy pickup truck jumped a curb and nearly wiped out a few show cars. In both situations speed, burnouts and reckless driving were in full effect. Luckily, there were no injuries in either case.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Can anybody say; "Idiot"....

WDobos, 54vicky, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

what an idiot - things could have been much worse - this type of display of "performance"should never happen in a unprotected area of the general public - I used to help put on a cruise nite down the main st of town - in part we stopped putting it on because of the risk of something going wrong with one of the cruise cars with a large number of spectators walking around - this type of exhibition got Big Daddy Ed Roth's last show at Mooneyes in So Cal shut down - broke his heart because he was trying to raise funds for his charity

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    WDobos, Kan Kustom, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  9. They should have charged him with attempted murder.

Calling him an idiot means he didn't know any better.
    A guy has a powerful car he knows it!

WDobos, Ranchero59, Deuces and 9 others like this.
  10. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope the spectator that was injured heals perfectly and get's a major chunk of the asshat idiot's retirement.

Happy to see that the car is totaled! I assume if the insurance company does even a bit of investigation there will be no payout.

WDobos, wojojo, zzford and 3 others like this.
  11. Stupidity knows no age or gender barriers...

You know, these fools never do impress anyone...I suppose that is their intention?

12. trollst

trollst

It always amazes me, spend thirty grand on a motor and then use it to pull burnouts everywhere you know you shouldn't. I would think you'd spend thirty grand on a motor to show us at the track exactly what thirty grand bought you. All these idiots do is get venues shut down and I'm sure that impresses everyone.

WDobos, Deuces, wraymen and 3 others like this.
  13. belair

belair

There's just all kinds of stupid in that car.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was at the Saturday night Cruise the Dalles cruise that has been an annual thing for over 20 years. It does bring in some of the "hold my beer and watch this" yahoos from quite a distance though.
    Bad deal as it is a great cruise with a big circle on 1 way streets and that happened right in the middle of the old down town area. It's right at 80 miles down the road from me.
    They have the car show on Sunday but probably 3/4 of the cars at cruise night don't show up at the car show.

Boy howdy if someone things some guy 53 is an "old guy" I'd hate to know what he thinks someone my age is.

Ranchero59, TagMan, Hnstray and 2 others like this.
  15. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

16. That sounds about right, doesn't it?

Knucklehead.

:mad:

Deuces and seb fontana like this.
  17. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

The stupid shows like Street Outlaws that glorify idiots who do these things need to be sued.

wojojo, mgtstumpy, zzford and 5 others like this.
  18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From the sounds of things they should have pulled him out of the cruise earlier but where the car wrecked is right in where spectators would be and might be egging guys who are prone to show out on a bit.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  19. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

Looks like the missing link at work. When the injured persons attorney starts on him he will wish he got burned up with the car.

20. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

He has it for sale on Craigslist for $25,000. Ummm besides being truly stupid he cost himself all the way around.

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    sine-bar likes this.
  22. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Unfortunately he's likely the sort of person who is known in the trade as "judgment proof", the insurance company cuts a check out to the injured party to the limits of the liability policy (if he even had any) and they are done with it. The claimant or whatever can also try to go after his assets above and beyond that, but people that stupid usually don't have any.

Hnstray likes this.
  23. slowmotion

slowmotion

Honestly, I'm surprised we don't hear more of incidents like this. Nation wide, this kind of dumb shit goes on regularly at cruises & shows weekly, all over. It'll be the undoing of our hobby if we don't police it internally.

24. Famous last word's," Hey ya'll watch this"!

Stupidity has no age, this is a prime example of someone not using common sense, hopefully the pedestrian will recover and the driver of the car has learned a hard & expensive lesson. HRP

25. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Just goes on to prove Ron White is right : "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID"! Although you CAN "adjust" it with a 4lb hammer!...…. (usually later, & behind the bleachers)

The37Kid, Deuces and VANDENPLAS like this.
  26. And beside all this what do burnouts prove anyway? Even when I go to the drag strip with my slicks on I barely do a burnout. Just enough to clean the tires off and go with it. On the street, in your driveway or anywhere else it just makes no sence.

27. Low and slow for me (61) My reaction time definitely not what it was My when i was 18. My performance driving is down to get ice cream with my Grand kids

54reno, safetythird, zzford and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.