Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The honesty of suppliers is declining

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Binkman, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Binkman

Binkman

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  2. In my inbox from last week or so, I have email from Chris re glass quotes...glad I read this.

3. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear that. I am really surprised by LeBaron Bonney. They have been around forever and given the strength of the economy it is hard to believe they are struggling. Perhaps they are buried in orders and don't really care about their reputation or getting back to you. When I take an order I look at my workload and give an approx shipping date, if it slips a day or two I am telling my customers. Good luck and hope you get the goods or your money back. Dishonesty sucks and is lame.

verno30 likes this.
  4. raven

raven

Another thing is the quality of the end product is slipping too by major manufacturers. My most recent experience both with Brodix and Milidon have left me very disappointed...
    r

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Binkman

Binkman

I received an e-mail that LeBaron Bonney has moved from Mass. to Maine.
    Many of their long time employees are no longer there. They were supposed to open back up in July but who knows.
    I checked and they did not charge my account yet.
    Hopefully they can get back up and running.
    I have used them on many cars over the years. It would be a shame to see them go.

6. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Funny how companies move and think their employees will follow.....my former employer was bought by a large padlock manufacturer in Milwaukee who decided to move operations to Mexico but I could keep my job if I would move to Wis and make frequent trips south of the border.....not!.....anyway I am glad they didn't charge you.

Unkl Ian likes this.
  7. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

it is the times we live in. i never like to order online if i can help it. i would rather see it and hold it in my hands. sometimes you have to go with online though. sorry for your troubles.

classiccarjack, trollst and reagen like this.
  8. Garpo

Garpo

I think Henry's team had it right..../ Ford service.jpeg

9. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I was happy with Blattie's work. Good dude in my book

10. Gman0046

Gman0046

Poor service is a sign of the times. Parts vendors sell you parts they don't have on hand and have parts drop shipped
    from manufacturers. That way they don't have to keep a large inventory of parts.
    If you think recieving parts from vendors is a problem, talk to guys who have had their cars in "Paint Jail" for years and being scammed out of large sums of cash.

Gary

11. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Years ago, everybody had everything in stock. Now we went to lean manufacturing. Nothing in stock until the order was placed. Now every body seems to get mad when they have to wait for 5 minutes in line at McDonalds. I can`t stand E-Mails and voice mails. I wanna talk to a live person. I tell people if they can get there car in a shop for major work in less than 2 months, they are more than likely not very good. Patience people.

trollst likes this.
  12. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I have worked with Chris before and always a decent guy with a quality product.
    Sorry but if you had 3 other orders with Chris that went fine, then obviously something is a miss somewhere and Chris would not ( nor do I believe ) miss anything intentionally.
    I'm sure Chris will reach out to you and resolve anything a miss.

13. Maybe not actually dishonest, but there are a lot of businesses and people out there nowadays that are severely deficient in communications skills. It doesn't take that long to use up a minute or less to drop an email to someone. I think poor communications is a sign of disrespect.

Randall and Hnstray like this.
  14. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Exactly…..

Guy does quality work for a lot of HAMB'rs over and over again and has for a long time.
    On MANY occasions.
    Guy does work for you successfully three times Binkman and some where there is a miss on the forth.
    Guy goes on vacation and maybe just catching back up.
    I don't know, but Chris has always treated me right and many others.
    Maybe he mistakenly does not have a pattern for a 34 Vicky.
    I've never known Chris to not treat anyone right.

I sent a PM to Chris to look into ……
    I KNOW Chris will respond.

stanlow69 likes this.
  15. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Well - I've had no issues with Chris over the years and neither has the original poster who had 3 glass orders go fine with Chris. Forth one - obviously something is a miss somewhere and will get cleared up.

16. Budget36

Budget36

I understand your situation...but if he was heading out for vacation...should he not have informed those who ordered from him?

17. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I agree.....
    When I've tried to get away from vacation over the years - I've missed a few should ofs….

18. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Exactly why I don't take vacations anymore. Lippy:D

19. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Is this morse code?

RacingRoger and Fitty Toomuch like this.
  20. Bought several sets of glass from Chris with NO problems.

But my latest venture with Vintage Glass, Lawrenceville, GA just plain SUCKS!!
    Paid in advance at NSRA Knoxville with a promised delivery date of 4 weeks. Took 3 MONTHS!
    No call, no nothing. No return calls from left messages. Finally get a couple of hollow promises of shipment. But couldn't or wouldn't furnish a tracking number.
    After finally getting it, the first piece out of the box, the rear window, is cut wrong and doesn't come close to fitting the opening. Call 'em up and get "it was cut from our pattern".
    I make a plywood template and compare it to MY pattern and it's almost dead on. His is 1/4" off and cut on an angle. Mail him the pattern, he gets it before he leaves for Louisville, and I'm STILL waiting for the replacement. Phone call results in yet ANOTHER unreturned call.

STAY AWAY FROM VINTAGE GLASS, LAWRENCEVILLE, GA and the owner, L C APPLING.

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a lower price!"

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If a small shop owner who does most if not all of the work himself takes a vacation, needs time off to heal up or is on the road to one or more major events it is all too easy to note it on his website, post it on the board or have someone he is close to post it or send out a mass email.

When I ordered my headers for my 292 from Tom Langdon he actually called me as he was riding down the road in the truck on the way back from somewhere. He had posted that he would be away between ____ and ___ on his website but time wasn't an issue for me. I had sold something and that money was designated for that part.

22. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

The honesty of suppliers is declining is a pretty broad statement, some suppliers for a variety of reasons
    are not as good as they were, some are better, some have been sold or closed due to age or health.
    There are also newer suppliers trying to come up in the world. All we as consumers can do is try to
    check the reputation of the suppliers before we send them money, use a credit card if at all possible,
    and try to keep each other aware of what suppliers are good and what ones are bad. We also need to
    be reasonable in our expectations.

Beanscoot likes this.
  23. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Binkman,

You deleted your complaint about Chris Blattie.

Please update everyone.....

Thank you ,

24. Binkman

Binkman

Nothing to update.
    Nothing has changed except the calendar.
    I have dropped the issue and moved on.
    Life is too short.
    Thank you.

flatheadpete likes this.
  25. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Over the years, I’ve seen businesses fail in this industry because they were unprepared for success.

26. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you're not careful, you'll live a lot longer with an attitude like that.

27. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

"Nothing to update.
    Nothing has changed except the calendar.
    I have dropped the issue and moved on.
    Life is too short.
    Thank you."

It leaves us in the dark about what the fuss was about.
    Thank you.

28. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

How much you wanna bet the honesty of the customer isn't so hot these days either? Present company excepted, of course.

29. Binkman

Binkman

Full refund just issued from Mr.Blattie.

30. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Glad it ended well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.