Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

IMG_0032.JPG I just finished painting my "T" Washington blue with black fenders. I decided to try Wimbledon white on the wheels. I like it, but I'm not really sure it is the right color. To me it kind of takes away from the "hotrod" look. Can someone please change the wheels to body color blue. Maybe a white pinstripe around the baby moons. I would greatly appreciate it before I break out the paint again. Thanks.

2. madfish

madfish

3. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

Runnin shine likes this.
  4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Moose... It seems after watching this thread for years one thing you should do after you complete the persons request is do one more with Torque Thrust wheels. You don't seem to ever get a comment that say they look bad.
    I know when you did my car lowered in the front and added them and it sealed the deal from me. I followed the photo and still get compliments after 2years....

Hombre likes this.
  5. madfish

madfish

@jaw22w

Sorry, I'm too lazy to photoshop black wheels into the photo, so here's a quick facsimile of what it would look like
    without the beauty rings. ( Personally, I think they detract from the simplicity of the car and get in the way of the contrast between hubcap and wheel.

blue t.jpg

kiwijeff and Runnin shine like this.
  6. I have always been a huge fan of the old style 5 spokes, no matter who the maker, Back in the 60's I had them on my Falcon Sprint and to this day I think they would make a dump truck look good.

It's just hard to beat the looks of a traditional hot rod wheel. HRP

Hombre likes this.
  7. Would it be asking too much to Photoshop the stock side trim? HRP

[​IMG]

LeoH likes this.
  8. madfish

madfish

9. Well Danny I've noticed over the years the more I work with Photoshop the quicker I have gotten and conversely the more I work on my car the slower I've gotten...I wonder why that is.......:rolleyes:

LeoH and Hombre like this.

10. I think you might have something there. My first real hot rod build back in the early 60's was a 39 Chevy coupe and it ended up with the early version of the Torque Thrust wheels made out or real magnesium and my latest 32 Chevy has them as well only not magnesium this time.

Runnin shine likes this.
  11. One more..Trying to do the hard sell to the Department of War & Finance. I found one of these in decent shape. anyone do a flat black body with purple top? Or slammed and different rolling stock? Free canvas...Thanks in advance.
    upload_2018-8-5_15-49-21.jpeg

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Well shoot, Madfish beat me to it, but hey Danny, if you ever have a free afternoon, a coupla cold brews and a pair of tin snips, how 'bout this? 2c. 50 Ranchero.jpg

kiwijeff and themoose like this.
  13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Photoshop parts are cheaper and if you drop the stylus on your foot you'll say fewer cuss words.:D

LeoH, SR100 and themoose like this.
  14. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

Hey madfish! I been sitting here all evening with this up my screen. Every time I look at it, it seems it's missing something. Could you possibly throw a set of wide whites on my blue T coupe? I'm not really a WWW fan. But this color combo may just be made for that look. Don't really need new tires, but???

15. OK Jimmy...Time to test your theory...:cool:
    @mr57

Flat Black.jpg

kiwijeff, mr57, OahuEli and 1 other person like this.
  16. verde742

verde742

moose or madfish, will you slam this in front and take out rear door handle? Please[​IMG]

17. Nice looking 56

56.jpg

kiwijeff, gonmad, Hombre and 2 others like this.
  18. verde742

verde742

LOVE IT> bring it over !!!

yer the very best !!!!

themoose likes this.
  19. madfish

madfish

20. Flamed48

Flamed48

509garyd likes this.
  21. verde742

verde742

22. There are those Torque Thrust wheels again...:D

flames.jpg

23. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

I like this, even if you're not feeling the white rims. I get it, the original rims aren't "hot rod" and that is a completely legit look to want, BUT, with that olde school body, I like the prim and proper antique body lines, and white rims as a "look" but the engine appearance says "I got some whalebone in THIS corset" to the viewer as you pass. That's what the impression I got from your original photo, fwiw. :cool:

509garyd likes this.
  24. madfish

madfish

@jaw22w

Fuck it, let's play....

traditional t.jpg

25. verde742

verde742

66DEE947-.JPG Could one of you talented people move the wheelbase and fender opening back a ways to a MORE pleasant look? THANKS !!!!
    IMG_0565.jpg IMG_0547.jpg IMG_0561.jpg

[​IMG] Madfish,
    Thanks, I agree,
    It would involve quite an effort.
    Especially the gas tank relocation, and / or replacement..
    might not be worth effort. Starting point was also scary.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  26. madfish

madfish

@verde742

This would be a lot of work. It would require moving the axle back, new sheet metal and reshaping the rear wheel arch.

56 short.jpg

verde742 and themoose like this.
  27. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

HO-LEE SHIT MADFISH!!!! CRAP! DAMMIT! What are you trying to do to me? I absolutely love it. I thought I was done. Shit! Chopped. Lost the headers. Louvered the hood sides. Wire wheels w/ big 'n little bias ply tires. Leather hood straps. Did I miss anything? How much do you reckon that chop is? SHIT!
    I have never even considered chopping it, but that version has the sinister hot rod look I love. Wow. I'm blown away. You put the "THE LOOK" on it. I knew it was missing something, but MAN, I really missed it. All previous versions pale in comparison.
    I am a welder/ fabricator. When it comes to design, I am sorely lacking.
    Madfish, I thank you. (But I'm not really sure you did me a favor. LOL)

28. madfish

madfish

It's Moose's fault.

29. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

right on Moose, you should get a commission from American Racing Wheels

LeoH and themoose like this.
  30. @verde742
    OOOOOOKayyyyyo_O

Toy.jpg

kiwijeff, raymay, LeoH and 4 others like this.