Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Fiesta Caps: Blind Date

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by MrPhat40, Aug 5, 2018.

1. MrPhat40

MrPhat40

Dear H.A.M.B-er's,
    Looking to give my 40 a change of view. Was thinking of going from black walls and Halibrands which have been on the car for over 25 years. My thoughts are to switch to whitewalls and Olds Fiesta wheel covers. Found a nice set on the old "eBuy" site but they are not described other than why they are selling (hubby died widow is clearing the garage etc.) as 15 inch and no sellers contact point.
    Question: Did Oldsmobile offer these hubcaps in only 15"? Would hate to get stuck on a high dollar blind date with a shortee.
    Thank you all for your usual incites into these matters of importance.
    MrPhat40

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

talking '53-'55 caps? take a look at hubcapmike.com for sample of options available out there

3. In '55 and '56, Yes.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Real Olds Fiesta caps were only in 15 but there were some aftermarket "Fiesta flippers" that were 15. The aftermarket caps having the checkerboard back ground.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Genuine '53-'55 Olds covers are 15'' only. This was the second most widely copied wheel covers ever made, most being nowhere near the quality of the real thing. The fastest method known for authenticity - look at the back side - if you see any rust, it isn't Oldsmobile. Lyon used the highest quality stainless, while others did one stage chrome over cheap steel stampings.

6. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

'56 Olds spinners are Starfires ... '53-'55 is the Fiesta

Hnstray likes this.
  7. Back in the '50's I was just a dumb high school kid so no one sent me the memo on the name change. As far as we were concerned, anything on an Olds with flippers was a Fiesta. My favorites are still the '56 Fiestas.:)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  8. One thing to remember, original Olds Fiestas will not fit on a 15" Ford wheel. As I recall the centers are to deep.

Mick

9. Wide white's and Fiesta can't go wrong... my 49 Ford Business Coupe.. I ran 15" WW and had about four sets of different caps, Feista being one ! … One thing to watch on those Olds caps is the prongs that hold that cap to the rim... some get worn out or bent... I had one right front that I couldn't keep on the car if I hit a hard turn or bad bump.. LOL found it everytime . lucky no one ever ran it over...

10. what Mick , said I had to use a later Ford 15" Crown Vic steel rim.. they would not clear the center of my stock 49 rims at all

lurker mick likes this.
  11. MrPhat40

MrPhat40

Thanks again to all the HAMB-er community
    Great info for me to use
    Will send pics when I get-er-dun
    MrPhat40

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I have 56 Olds Starfire on my Merc!

Attached Files: