Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. madfish

madfish

OahuEli, 2redrovers, Hombre and 2 others like this.
  2. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

+1. I think the proportion and look of suicide door sedans can't be beat! Some cars look good as 2 doors, but it has never been an automatic reaction from me, "ooh! 2 door hardtop, wow!"

3. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

I'm getting to the point where I can think about paint on my truck. To make it simple, it's originally gray (Yukon Gray is the official name), with white around the grille openings and along the front edges of the, body colored bumper; I'd like to see the cab with black fenders, and possible other 2-tone black over gray suggestions. Mild or wild.
    20180726_092638.jpg

4. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

I was experimenting with scallops, but I'm not as hardcore for them now. I'm on the fence. Possibly, just doing the fender black, along just the curve of the fender, but painting continuing the black into the lower body flare into the door highlighting it. The bed is going, I don't know where I'm going to go with the rear of the truck yet though. 20180726_092727.jpg

5. Hey Leo...Haven't seen you around these parts in awhile...Here a quick one for ya.

3.jpg

kiwijeff and LeoH like this.
  6. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

If it helps, this is how Studebaker would have done the front panel paint at the factory. 20180729_180602.jpeg

LeoH likes this.
  7. Looks good to me...

4.jpg

kiwijeff, slv63, Bandit Billy and 2 others like this.
  8. Could someone throw some cragars on here to replace the moon discs, thanks in advance.

20171027_140951.jpg 20180729_212458.jpg

509garyd likes this.
  9. wheels.jpg

10. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Could someone show my roadster with some vintage torque thrust wheel's please? 1529284428667259589434.png 1529284428667259589434.png

11. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Thank you for remembering me. I've been trying to keep my head in the repairs and not spending time looking at the great images here. I've had to move the truck, but it's now in a spot with someone with the time and skills to get it back on the road, with me helping, instead of, so far, only relying on my skills and time to get it back on the road. Looking forward to this new chapter.

themoose and Peanut 1959 like this.
  12. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

It does look good this way. When it's just the cab, sometimes paint schemes are tricky to think they will look good...like the later 2 toned Studebaker trucks. I think they look nice because there's more balance when you include the rest of the bed, as opposed to just painting a truck cab. Either straight or the black fenders works. I am glad the truckk isn't the usual blue, red, or green it seems most Studebaker trucks were painted. Even if it's just gray.

13. Thanks moose for the cragars, sure changes the look

themoose and 509garyd like this.

14. wheels.jpg

kiwijeff and LeoH like this.
  15. 55Rocket

55Rocket
    from Wisconsin

Hi Guys, Looking to see what this Ford will look like dropped a couple of inches. Can ya show a rendering of what it would look like please. It's the max we can lower it. Also, if possible, my brother would like to possibly see another pic of it lowered more in the rear end if possible. Much appreciate your efforts.. great stuff.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    slv63 and 509garyd like this.
  16. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Thanks Moose that picture sealed the deal for me. Torque thrust it is.

themoose likes this.
  17. madfish

madfish

"Hi Guys, Looking to see what this Ford will look like dropped a couple of inches. Can ya show a rendering of what it would look like please. "

Sure...

lowered 48.jpg

Gnater, kiwijeff, BigO and 10 others like this.
  18. madfish

madfish

19. 55Rocket

55Rocket
    from Wisconsin

LOL.. Good one!

20. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

509garyd likes this.
  21. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Hi Moose!
    A while back, you did this fabulous rendition for me. The other day somebody asked me if I did a street rod, what color would I choose? If you don't mind, could I see this in a root beer color without the door graphics? As always, thanks a million!!! tapatalk_1512059101354.jpeg

kiwijeff, 509garyd and LeoH like this.

22. No problem...

rootbeer.jpg

23. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Wonderful! I wanted something alittle different than red or black. Looks great! Thanks so much again....

24. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Could someone please take a shot at giving a refin to one of these Barracuda earlyfunny cars? A couple of us harassers think @squirrel should add a candy blue fade to his altered project that is based on a real Barracuda predator fish
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    His body is all white right now but his Hemi will have a blower and his slot mag wheels are polished to a chrome like finish.
    I think the blue should come hard to the top body line then have a quick fade just below leaving quite a bit of white for sponsorship decals and the cars name. No fake fish scales
    Thanks Wyatt.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

rocketbob likes this.
  25. squirrel

squirrel

Keep in mind that I do very simple, bright, contrasting colors, with no fades, metallics, effects, etc. Real life is a lot more difficult than on a computer screen :)

26. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Damn it I just got busted. I’d offer to come down there and paint it myself but your are clearly a competent builder in your own right. You could make that car twice before I could buy plane tickets.
    Sorry if I’ve overstepped my bounds. I mostly just wanted to see what it could look like.

kiwijeff, pcbart and Stogy like this.
  27. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

One more, Moose...how would the roadster look in a deep burgundy? Thanks in advance!!!!

509garyd likes this.
  28. squirrel

squirrel

there's a notification that lets you see when folks do the @yourname thing :)

I'd love to see some design ideas...just keep in mind that what I'll actually do, might not be quite what others dream up. But don't let that slow you down

kiwijeff and Stogy like this.
  29. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I know Jim, I just forgot cause I got that bright idea while the wife was driving us and the kids to the gym. I was glad to be sneaking in a post from the passenger seat and didn’t think it all the way through

pcbart and Stogy like this.
  30. View attachment 3985819
    Not too bad....

burg.jpg